Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #21
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Did painful movement mean large baby for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaD777 View Post
With my 4th baby her movements were very painful at the end. She felt like she was poking a knife into my cervix! She was my smallest baby at 6lbs 9oz.
yeah that. my 5th was only 6.7 and he hurt as much or more than my 9.3 pounder. I will say, he moves ALL the time even out of my womb. He stretches constantly and kicks, so he just is active

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #22
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

No, actually my most mellow babies were two of the biggest. My last little guy born a few wks ago could bring tears to my eyes with the jabs to my cervix and his rolling around. I was told that the extra water and room he had made it easier for him to kick harder and move more of his body. He has some long bony feet too! Same thing with my oldest ds, his movements were painful and he was the smallest, just 6lbs 11oz. So I think the reverse is true at least for me.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #23
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS was 9lbs 3oz and I don't remember his movement being too painful, only when he'd try to stretch while I was having a contraction. I'm pretty small, only 5'1" and he was 20.75" at birth.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #24
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My largest baby (over 11 lbs) caused me the least amount of pain.Maybe he was just out if room to move though? The baby before was 10.14 and also easy to carry and deliver.

Come to think of it, I think my smallest (8.6) caused me the most pain both in pregnancy and in labor!

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 06-14-2010 at 06:16 PM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #25
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Depends. I had a 7lb 11oz baby which isn't big for most women but he had an alien head and I wear a size 00 and am just over 5ft tall. LOL. So YES, painful movements with him and a large baby, for me. Birthed naturally
Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #26
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

For me, yes! With my daughter, her movements didn't hurt at all. She was really active, but it wasn't painful. She was 8 pounds 5 ounces. With my son, it hurt SO MUCH when he would move around a lot (and he, too, was very active). He was 9 pounds 9 ounces. (Strangely, his was the FAR easier labor!)
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:45 AM   #27
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My bigger baby I actually had fewer painful movements. She was 9 lbs 6 oz. My oldest was 8 lbs 4 oz and her movements were very painful.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #28
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

With all 3 of mine I have felt that way...like someone was tearing me apart from the inside out. I am 5'7.5" and average weight and my babies were 7lb2oz, 6lb11oz and 5lb10oz.....so no big babies here and I can honestly say the 5lber and the 7lber felt the same inside. Don't worry your self mama it just means he/she is strong

Also it could be worse. I've read about women actually having external bruising and cracked ribs because of baby's movements being so forceful

Last edited by badhayrday; 06-15-2011 at 07:19 AM.
badhayrday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #29
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope my big guys (9lbs 5oz and 8 lbs 4 oz) were gentle giants. Never in my ribs and never kicked. They just rolled around and stretched every once in a while.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #30
niadara
Registered Users
seller

Painful movement both times -> 5lb 10oz 37-weeker and 6lb 5oz 39-weeker.
niadara is offline   Reply With Quote