Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
FairyBeautifulMama
Registered Users
Formerly: j***imm
seller

My Mood:
Re: Going swimming with toddler and newborn

We go swimming all the time. DS1 is 2 and DS2 is 4 months. DS loves to swim he has this http://www.poolcenter.com/pooltoys_c...mming_aids.htm Its great because he can swim by himself and if he leans to far forward then it just flips him onto his back. Then I can just sit on the steps with DS2. Sometimes we just take DS's peapod out and let him play in there while I swim with DS1.

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Going swimming with toddler and newborn

For sunscreen please please make sure you use a mineral block sunscreen and not a chemical one. Sunscreen can be sooo harmful to little ones and full of chemicals.

Here's a good link-
http://www.naturemoms.com/blog/2008/...fe-sunscreens/

I use Trukid sunscreen on my lo (started using it very very sparingly at 3 months as she was born in may and we did some beach going!). I also made sure to have long cotton sleeves and pants on her as well as a sun hat!

I LOVE my Trukid sunscreen and have used it on kiddos ages 3 mos-12 yrs. It works well for all ages!

As far as your original question I reccomend using a carrier. Its a little bit tough but definitely doable.