View Poll Results: How long does it take your LO to go to sleep for naps/bedtime?
Less than 15 minutes 40 49.38%
15-30 minutes 18 22.22%
30-45 minutes 7 8.64%
45 minutes-1 hour 9 11.11%
longer than 1 hour 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
south5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long does it take for you to put your LO down for nap/bed?

My dd is 2, she is my best sleeper. I did Babywise from birth, no flames please! I just started her on the cycle of eat, play and then sleep. I layed her down awake from birth, she never cried.
Anyways for naptime I put her in her toddler bed and shut the door. She never comes out. For bedtime I will read her 2 or 3 little books and then I shut the door, she never comes out.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #22
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by south5 View Post
My dd is 2, she is my best sleeper. I did Babywise from birth, no flames please! I just started her on the cycle of eat, play and then sleep. I layed her down awake from birth, she never cried.
Anyways for naptime I put her in her toddler bed and shut the door. She never comes out. For bedtime I will read her 2 or 3 little books and then I shut the door, she never comes out.
No flames here Mama. We're a Babywise family as are nearly all of our closest friends. We thoroughly treasure the healthy sleep habits our children have and how easy it is for them to go to sleep.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #23
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 18 months old. Naps have been good lately, taking only 5-15 minutes. That's because I keep him up all morning and he is super tired after lunch. Nights is another thing. We have had periods where it takes only 20 minutes, but these days it's about an hour or more. The past two nights it has taken over an hour. Blah!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #24
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

My son is 23 months and for naps we put on diaper, give kiss, say na-night and walk out. He rolls around for 15-30 min. or so, and then falls asleep. Sometimes (maybe once a week) it will take him a full hour to fall asleep.

For bedtime it takes longer since we do teeth, diaper, books, songs, and then put him down. It takes him more like 30-60 min. to settle down at night. He sleeps 12 hrs. once he falls asleep.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #25
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

It doesn't really take us any time at all. When I notice DD getting tired I ask her if she wants her paci and blankie...when I get a huge grin I know that is yes lol I give them to her and ask her if she wants to go night night. If she does she will walk back to our room and wait for me to put her in bed. She lays down on her pillow and that's that. She is 18 months old and has always been a great sleeper.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #26
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It varies by day. DD is 5 months old and nurses to sleep. Sometimes it takes me a good 15 minutes to get her down for a nap, and other times, like just a few minutes ago, it can take less than five!

Bedtime usually takes a bit longer, though. Ranging between 15 and 30 minutes.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #27
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lucius is sixteen months old and generally takes twenty minutes to go to sleep. Sometimes, it can take him up to an hour, though.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #28
kitkatkc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our DD is almost 2 (21 mo) and we have been putting her in her bed (bassinet/ crib/ now bed) while she is still awake pretty much since she was born. We did very little CYO, and would go back to soothe her as needed, but now she can be put in bed and she will fall asleep by herself, with very little, if any, fussing most nights.
Bedtime routine takes about 30 at most- undress, lotion, change into pj's and diaper, brush teeth, cup of milk (this used to be nursing, but now she gets milk) 2-3 books, say night, night, give her blanket and paci, make sure night light is on, close door.
She does not always go right to sleep (in fact, bed time was about 40 min. ago, and I can hear her upstairs playing in bed) but she will play with her baby in bed, or look at books if she doesn't go to sleep right away. Nap time is pretty much the same.

kitkatkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #29
jlcohen
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD is 20 1/2 months and takes less than 15 minutes. I nurse her to sleep and we also co-sleep.

DS is 3 and takes 30 minutes to an hour at bed time. He's going through the afraid of the dark and being alone phase. Nap time is maybe 30 seconds.

co-sleeping, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, extended rear-facing, cloth diapering, delayed vaccinating, part-time working mama of three sweet peas
jlcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #30
ajanele
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 20 month old DS on a normal day has a 5-10 minute bedtime/naptime routine. He nurses in his bedroom, puts his paci in his mouth when he's had his fill, and I lay him down & he's out. Usually at bedtime he'll fuss for me after I put him down, so I go back in and nurse a little longer, but after that he's out for a while.

He still doesn't sleep through the night though. I put him down at 7:30-8, and he gets up and comes to bed with us between 1-3am; and then nurses throughout the night.