Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2006, 08:40 AM   #11
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Extended nursing mamas read please...

Thanks for the links ladies. I think he should come around. Part of it is that I didn't BF my son very long. It's a long story, but I didn't make it past 5/6 months with him. (I think it was his latch because I always had cracked bleeding nipples, but anyway that is long past.) Our son is now 2.5 and my DH keeps telling me "Can you imagine feeding Brandon?!" I say "no, I can't" because I can't. On the other hand I CAN imagine nursing Kiersten when she is his age. I had a lot of problems with Brandon nursing him, lack of support and knowledge, etc.

I know DH is a good guy and will come around. It took a while to get him "schooled" on cd, but now he thinks sposies are icky. It's great to have all you mamas supporting me along the way

Advertisement

ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #12
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I think you already got some great advice here. I hope he comes around!
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #13
emily0605
Registered Users

I just wanted to say that that is really sweet My son is 9 months and I just can't imagine weaning. I hope that if he wishes to continue unti he can remember it's as sweet as that
emily0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #14
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll be hoping & praying he sees that your 11 mos & 3 week old daughter nursing isn't that much different then your 12 mos & 1 week old daughter nursing!

Last edited by mommy2zander; 06-04-2006 at 12:30 AM.
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #15
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not anywhere close to a year, but I feel I can add my 2 cents in here as well.

To be quite honest, when I fist heard of ebfing, i thought the exact same thing. "Maybe I'll pump for them and give it to them in a cup, but nursing is absolutely disgusting when they're older." Hubby wholeheartedly agreed.

Then you have a baby. And things change. You realize that your breasts (which may have been sexual objects before you had a baby) are now food and comfort, nothing more. I changed my mind the first time I put my son to my breast. And much to my surprise, when I mentioned it to my husband the other day, he agreed completely with self-weaning, no matter what the age.

Hopefully your husband will come around to this eventually as well. As for everyone else, they can take a hike. The ONLY breastfeeding support I have is my MIL (NOBODY else I know breastfed at all), and even she thinks it's a bit much to go even past 6 months! But he's my child, and I'm going to do what's best for him. Period.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #16
Texas_tornadoes
Registered Users

As I near 17 months of nursing with no end in sight, all I can say is, I LOVE it.

A PP had said that their ped was great about bfing. I had one who told me that 3 was a great GOAL to make it to. Not that I should stop at 3, but that I should aim to make it to 3. Wish I could have taken him with me when we moved, lol.

I can't give you a whole lot of help on the DH front. My ex was supportive of whatever I wanted to do with our kids. But I think lots of information and a good discussion on what is "gross" to him and why he thinks you should stop is a good idea.

Good luck!
Texas_tornadoes is offline   Reply With Quote