Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Confused about how much detergent to use. Tide Original Powder.

I have a top loader and use regular Tide Powder. It says for large loads to fill scoop to line 1, for medium loads to lower line (slightly below lin 1) and for heavy soiled loads fill to line 2. So where do I fill it for coth diapers? They are peed and pooped in, so they are soiled, but I don't always have a large or heavy load. And I know you are supposed to use 1/4-1/2 o what they tell you to do. Which makes it even more confusing.

Advertisement

hampyfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
mommaof3almost4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Confused about how much detergent to use. Tide Original Powder.

well I started off using 1/2 to the first line but it wasnt getting them clean enough, so now i use to the first line(the one below "line 1") I do was for two kids though. I guess it depends on how many diapers you are washing. I would say there are a good 15-20 diapers in each of my washes. sorry I know that isnt really a good answer :-(
mommaof3almost4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Amanda L
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It really depends on your machine and your water hardness. I just moved and had to tweak my routine (much softer water so now I use half as much Tide as I had to before). I would start with halfway to the marking for a normal load (for a full load of diapers) and run an extra rinse. If they still smell too chemically I would rinse again and use less next time.

Amanda L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't wash many at all yet, still building my stash. And I end up throwing in some towels to make the load worth while. And from what I can tell we have normal water.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Shawna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use to the two line but we have hard water. I would try the lower line first and if they smell dirty after washing increase it.

Ecomom deal from plum district.
Shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
hampyfew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok thanks. I a just doing a load now and did the first line, below the 1. We'll see how it goes. I've been doing about 1/2 way to the first line (not the 1 line) and I don't know how well that's been working. They seem clean but smell as soon as he pees, so my guess is that they weren't getting clean enough.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use 1/2 way to the 1 line. But I have large diaper loads (every three days with a newbie)

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #8
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampyfew View Post
Ok thanks. I a just doing a load now and did the first line, below the 1. We'll see how it goes. I've been doing about 1/2 way to the first line (not the 1 line) and I don't know how well that's been working. They seem clean but smell as soon as he pees, so my guess is that they weren't getting clean enough.
hmm just saw this...mine don't smell but I always put them on the max water and do a complete cold heavy duty cycle with nothing first, then a complete heavy duty cycle again with the tide on hot.

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
junglegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use to the 1 line and wash "super" volume water (regardless of how many dipes are in there). Using less didn't clean them enough, IMO.

Destashing!! GMs, BSRBs, SOS, BB, Flips, BGs and Thirsties Duos, and Panda Tushies PFs. Thanks for looking. I need to get these sold and out of the house!
junglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote