Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am so ready to give up Cloth.....

because of my DH. Not a good enough reason I know, but he is driving me nuts!!
He hardly every changes a diaper, and has been like this from day one. For the last two mornings he has woken me up to tell me our ds has a poopy diaper and needs to be changed. Maybe if I wasn't 28 weeks pg I wouldn't be so angry, but I hardly slept at all lastnight and he wakes me up for that?

I just honestly can't see myself dealing with two kids in cloth with a husband who doesn't help me AT ALL. I even went out and bought a package of disposables today and my ds has been wearing them all day.
In the back of my mind I feel that if we spent money on disposables this would be my way of punishing my DH for not helping me out.

I just don't know what to do anymore.
I even went through all the diapers I have for my ds and I almost broke down in tears thinking of selling them all.

Does anyone else argue constatly with their DH over diaper changes?
I honestly don't see him changing so I just don't know what to do.
I even told him this morning that on the weekend he is changing every single diaper, and do you know what he said to me "Well I guess I wont need you anymore then" how rude is that? I should have replied and said, Well I guess I never needed you at all then (but I didn't)

I am so frustrated!

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so ready to give up Cloth.....

My DH doesn't change many either. He'll do it if I'm not here, but if I am here forget it. Honestly it's not any harder with two in cloth. i did it right after DD was born
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry to hear that your dh is giving you such a hard time cd'ing.

My dh doesn't mind changing dipes at all (and we have 2 little ones in cd's). Again, I'm so sorry. Do what you have to do to ease the stress right now. I don't know what else to tell you.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

My dh only changes one nighttime dipe, and only if there's a Fuzzi Bunz available (we only have a few of these). If not, I do it. Honestly, I think it's worth having to do it all myself, rather than switch back to nasty ol sposies.

It's more convenient to use sposies, but it's bad for your baby's skin and urinary tract. I have 2 in dipes all day and 1 who uses them for nighttime. I do almost all the changing, and all the poopy spraying into the toilet (dh won't touch the minishower), and I've just accepted it. It'll be easier if you just stop expecting your dh to help.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Yesterday I was sooo mad at my DH that I almost posted the same exact feelings except I am not PG yet. I took a nap with DS and DH was up so I thought if he to DS so I could nap a while that would be great NOT woke up Noah was still id CD from 5 hours before with everything in it. I WAS SOOOOOO MAD I was screaming. Poor DS I felt Horrible. DH has seen me do it a bunch of times but I still have to buy disposies for him makes what I am doing worthless.. Hubby is a spender and I am a saver...........Just keep up with it for yourself and if he wants to use the yucky dipes he can but he should really learn to CD so he can help and my DH does too. LOL
Good luck
Old 05-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally feel you, here. My DH doesn't mind the cloth, he doesn't mind our house FILLED with diapers, but he doesn't change Kolten very often. I keep a diaper stacker in the hallway hanging up that's got pre-stuffed pockets and AIO/AI2s in it. Those are our "daddy friendly" diapers and I keep a wipe warmer with cloth wipes. I have a wetbag hanging on a knob in the living room. He knows the routine...grab a diaper, grab a wipey, change the diaper, put the wipe in the diaper, put the diaper in the wetbag...mommy will wash them later. It took me awhile to get him used to it. He works nights and sleeps during the day so he's rarely ever awake long enough to actually change a diaper, but he does sometimes. Do you have a place you can put some "daddy friendly" diapers for him? Maybe a couple of AIOs?
Kylyn Leigh born 10/31/2015
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The thing is, my ds wears disposables for nights so if he wakes up poopy it is in a disposable not a cloth. He just has issues with changing any diaper not just cloth.
One time I went out to get my hair cut, and when I got back our ds was in a nasty blow out poop. He had the worst rash that lasted days afterwards, I was so angry.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I am preggers with #3, the first to be in cloth and I have been working dh into it already. At first he was like "then you get to change them all" and I was like no way, 50/50 pal. He did great with dd, getting up with her and changing her so I anticipate this one being treated the same. I am going to have a daddy friendly station for him, just to make it easier on me. I have pounded in that he changes and throws the wipe and dipe in the wet bag and poof they will magically appear back in the clean pile. Once I said it that way he agreed, he was more scared on what exactly to do with the diaper than actually changing it. Do you think that is his issue? just tell him to change it as he would a a sposie but instead of throwing it away put it in the wet bag. If dh ever woke me up to change a dipe I would go postal on him.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dh is wonderful with changing, especially if I find a chiefs or nascar dipe. Im sorry yours isnt. next time he wakes you up, just tell him to change it and go back to sleep.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #10
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh is giving me a hard time about about cloth too. It is more gripy stuff...he will change but he won't learn what type is what or how to do it. He complains all the time that it smells. He said the house smelled the other day and come to find out HE had left wet towels in the washer. ...it wasn't the diapers at all. And he complains about paypal $$ always coming out of the accoutn...well it would go somewhere right?? We argued last night and I almost was gonna sell my stash. It would kill me tho...so hopefully it will get better.