Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so ready to give up Cloth.....

If keeping some sposies on hand for him will make things easier, do what you gotta do. I totally disagree that using a sposie once in a while makes the whole cloth thing a waste! It sounds like the issue isn't the cloth though, so even if you sold all your cloth and went to sposies full time, he still wouldn't help with diapers. I feel your pain...DJ's almost 2 and dh might have changed 5 diapers in his life. These days he will *occasionally* take him to the potty but he doesn't bother to empty it afterward. It's very aggravating but I too have been woken up or gotten out of the shower to change a diaper. I've also woken up or come home to find DJ sitting in a poopy diaper because it never occured to dh to change him. He's only been left alone with DJ a couple of times and only for short periods of time in an emergency.

Can you try talking to your dh and working out a compromise? If diaper duty is such a big deal for him, is there some other chore he's willing to "trade" for that? Like you agree to do all the diapers (you're going to anyway, right?) and in exchange, he does all the dishes or all the baths or gets the kid(s) up on Saturday mornings so that you can sleep in or something? That worked for us for a little while. Or can you just lay down the law and tell him that he's got to start helping. He can use whatever diapers he wants but every other day is "his" day for diaper duty. We have some friends that do that and the wife really gets a kick out of making her dh stop whatever he's doing to come change one of their kids because it's his day.

Good luck...I hope you figure something out...

Advertisement

bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #12
Meisubaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH complains all the time when hes changing Ashton "oh these stupid things" or "I hate these cloth diapers we should just use sposies and make it easier" I just tell him no and ignore anything else he has to say about it. I have many times told him to just stop it and deal with it cuz I am not quitting CDing just cuz he wants him in sposies! I quit for 3 weeks cuz of him and Ashton ended up with a rash again the whole time and I am not doing that to the poor baby again! If my DH woke me up just to change the baby I would say look you woke me up to tell me this when you were the one that found the baby like that so YOU should change the baby and let me go back to sleep like I was! Theres no reason for that AT ALL and especially if you are pregnant? Oh man I think I would be throwing a slipper at my hubby if that was me! I am sorry but its his kid too and part of being a parent is changing their diaper! If he finds it difficult to do then you take him to the changing area and show him how to do one side of the diaper and let him finish the other side and then tell him how great he did it and encourage him to do it more often! Good luck!
Meisubaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #13
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Would he really change them if they were disposables? My husband would get a second vasectomy if he didn't change diapers, and it would be without anesthesia.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #14
Meisubaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Meisubaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #15
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

What kind of CD's are you using? Would he be more willing to change them if you had "easy" diapers, like pockets and/or AIO's for him?

When I brought the idea of CD's up to my DH, he said no way. His Mom used flats and covers and when he was younger he had to dunk and swirl and he said he won't do that ever again But now he's cool with it and we will get a diaper sprayer, as I don't want to dunk either when it's time for that.

Do you think he'd change them that much more if you had sposies? My guess is that he wouldn't. I'm sorry he's being such a baby about it. Remind him of all the money you're saving, how much better it is for baby and the environment! Good Luck!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #16
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh is just clueless when it comes to "when to change the diaper." Fortunately he's only let her sit in wet ones, not poopy as of yet. I have to admit I do change the cds around so much it's gotta be hard for him to know what goes w/what. But he's good about it when I tell him what to do as far as diaper changing
Old 05-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #17
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Sorry your going through this. Maybe there are more issues going on besides the diaper issue. Not trying to pry.

You do what you need to do to keep yourself sane. Have you had a heart to heart on how important it is to you to cd the kids?
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #18
EstimosNBearHugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH won't change a diaper unless he doesn't have a choice (I'm not at home for example) but he complains about it every step of the way, as soon as I walk in the door. "These aren't sanitary", "I hate doing these". I just tell him to shut it since he doesn't change the majority of the diapers, he doesn't get a say.
EstimosNBearHugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #19
cathiasplace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridym
The thing is, my ds wears disposables for nights so if he wakes up poopy it is in a disposable not a cloth. He just has issues with changing any diaper not just cloth.
One time I went out to get my hair cut, and when I got back our ds was in a nasty blow out poop. He had the worst rash that lasted days afterwards, I was so angry.
Are you upset and frustrated that he won't change CD's or that he won't change diapers at all? No reason to stop using CD's if he's not going to change them anyways. My dh rarely changes a diaper. It doesn't really bother me b/c he will if I ask him to. I asked him to change a couple of poopy diapers lately and he acted like he was going to throw up. So, we made a deal. He takes all the trash out, when I ask w/o arguing and empties the dishwasher & I'll change all the poopy diapers. Like I said, it doesn't bother me anyways, but no reason for him to get off the hook completely! I can imagine how you feel though, as dh frustrates me in other ways. I would just accept that he's not going to help. And changing a diaper is changing a diaper, whether it's cloth or not.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #20
ohiomomma
Registered Users

If there is a pack of sposies sitting there and he still won't change DS's diaper, then I don't see what giving up cloth is going to do for you, except make you have to deal with sposies too ... my DH doesn't do many changes either, but I enjoy changing dipes so that doesn't bother me... it sounds like you and DH need to have a meeting of the minds more on "who's job it is to take care of the baby"... not just dipey changing...
ohiomomma is offline   Reply With Quote