Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone ever wish for twins?

I've always wanted twins.. my first pregnancy was vanishing twins.. there were 2 yolk soacks but the second baby never fully developed and was eventually reabsorbed.

We did however end up with irish twins.. DS1 was born in 1/06 and 11 months and 3 days later DD was born in 12/06.

Although its probably best that Ive not had twins, since I have a hard enough time carrying one baby (Ive never managed to carry past 35 weeks, which each subsequent pregnancy coming earlier).

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi_m View Post
My aunts always said that they felt in many ways twins were easier than single births, because they keep each other occupied.
I can totally see this.. having had irish twins, I defintely can say that it IS nice for them to always have a built in playmate. There is 11 months and 3 days between #1 and #2 I never really had time to get used to having only 1 baby When they were little Id often catch them snuggled up next to each other on the floor fast asleep.. and as babies, there cribs were about 2 feet apart.. They used to play with each other and toss things back and force.. Id go in only to find that their blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals were totally swapped around
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
Heabear
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was suppose to be a twin and but along the way the other baby got reabsorbed so always have wanted twins!
Heabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #24
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok I am completely different. I think anyone who wants twins is crazy.

Now three of my quads survived so I was taking care of three babies but it was so much work. I enjoyed my singleton soo much more. With multiples you spend a lot of time taking care of the basic necessities that it is hard to enjoy your newborns, toddlers. With my singleton I had so much more time to enjoy every smile and milestone. It was awesome!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #25
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

YES! I did. I wished that DD was going to be twins, but she wasn't. After I really experienced having a newborn/infant I was sooo happy that she was a singleton. And she is a really easy baby! But as irrational as I know it is for me to want twins (I just don't think I could handle two at once), I find myself wishing for twins again. I think I have lost my mind.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #26
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

I thought I would want twins because I really only want 2 and it would be nice to get pregnancy/recovery over with all at once.

But then again I realize that it would most likely be a much harder pregnancy and I know nursing twins is much more challenging than one baby! Besides the fact that I do not think I could handle two toddlers at once! Though it would be nice to have them both in school at the same time since I am planning on working again once I have school aged children. With two children 3 or more years apart, I will have to spend much more time as a SAHM. While I love staying at home, it would help financially if I were able to return sooner.

So next time I really don't think I would prefer twins because I don't think I could handle DD and two babies! We don't have a big enough car or house and I feel that I can only afford 2 children total since I am a SAHM and dh does not really make enough for a family of 5.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #27
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is silly, but I thought a set of boy/girl twins would be perfect for next pregnancy "a few years down the road". DH wants another baby "in a few years" but my concern then is that baby will not have a playmate. So if we have two at once they would and I'd only have to do pregnancy once more. And boy/girl would keep our numbers even.

My middle two are 14 months apart, and the older one was very delayed, so some respects I sort of felt like I had twins when it came to the work...
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #28
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not exactly wishing for them but would welcome with open arms. I have a twin and I think that would give me some help raising some of my own. They do run in my family so I think about it a lot. Plus I do want several children and think it might be easier to have twins, but then I say no that's crazy, it'd be a lot of work!
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
katbriil
Registered Users

My Mood:

I did! At my dating scan, DH asked me if I was disappointed that there was only one baby, and I was, a little. I really didn't enjoy being pregnant, and I know I want at least two, so I thought it would be nice to have them both at once (like others have said).

Now that DS is here, I'm glad he was a singleton. I love my time with just him, and I know it would be so much harder with twins. Plus (and I know this is going to sound nuts!) I really want to have another labor and delivery, at lesat one more. My labor was HARD and awful and painful and throw-up-y, but I actually enjoyed it enough that I hope to get to do it at least one more time in my life. Preferrably more. (The babies that come after the L&D aren't bad either! )
katbriil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #30
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

Nope. The thought of having twins even scares me a little, I know myself well enough to know that it would be a struggle to have two itty bittys at once.
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote