Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Check-ups :)

Jenna, I planned her schedule out before I took her for her 2 month. I had already discussed it with the pedi prior to the appt. though. She's super AP friendly....she has a 2 yr. old herself and is sorta crunchy! She co-sleeps, breastfeeds and babywears.....we've had some pretty interesting conversations! lol.

Advertisement

Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:01 AM   #12
Cmeyer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi everyone, sorry i haven't been posting, i find typing while NAK really annoying, so I mostly just stalk you all.

Zoe's 2 month will be on Monday, but at her last appointment at 7wks, she was 13lbs 3oz. and she was 24.5inches long. It's so crazy how fast they grow, I took out a 9mth carters sleeper, thought it would be a bit big, but it fit her perfectly.

we won't be getting shots either, I'll let the kids decide when they are older, and if they want to travel and have to get them etc.
ZoŽ Nevaeh born April 21st/10 my Breech VBAC
Cmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Well I have to find a pedi here! Calling around tomorrow to make appointments for both girls. But I have a baby scale and home and Lili is 10 lbs and was 22 inches last I checked awhile ago so I'll have to take a looksee again. Gabi hasn't been to the doc since she was 15 mos and she'll be 3 in Oct. I'm a bit lax in that dept since we delay vax. Gabi is starting hers as soon as I find a doc sigh.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

So, I haven't posted in forever, but... Amelia is 8 weeks tomorrow and we had a pedi appt today, she was up to 11lb 5oz and 23in. At 2 weeks she was 8lb 13oz and 21in, so she's growing like a weed!

Hope all the mamas and babies are doing well!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #15
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

The last pediatric check up was at 5 weeks 4 days - he was 10 lbs 3 oz. He was weighed at my postpardum visit at 7 weeks 5 days and was 11 lbs even. I don't even have another check up scheduled for him! LOL

We don't vaccinate though, so we don't always stick to the 'normal' schedule.

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #16
jpabruzzese
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My ds was nine weeks last week and weight 11lbs 12 ounces and was 22.5 inches long. He weighed six lbs ten ounces at birth so he's gaining quite a bit!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both my kids have their appointments on Friday (3yrs and 2 months). I'm conflicted - I can't wait to find out how much Alex weighs now. But at the same time I really hate dealing with the Pediatrician on base. We're TriCare Prime so we have to use the on base clinic - no other options. If we switch to Standard we could pick a Ped from in town, but I talked to the local midwife (that I SO wish I'd known about BEFORE I was 34 weeks pregnant - she needs to advertise better!!!) and she said that there are NO Peds in town that are AP-friendly. So I'm actually better off with the on base Ped because while they really don't like me, they have to deal with me and can't "fire" me. They tried to make me sign a "if my kid gets a VPD and dies, it's my fault for not vaxing" form and I refused. They had no idea how to handle me. The form was worded to absolve them of responsibility if they were to misdiagnose or mistreat a VPD and put the blame on me for not vaxing in the first place. And then she gave me totally incorrect carseat info and got annoyed when I corrected her. They really don't like me there.

So I'm not looking forward to dealing with them at all, but I really want to know how much Alex has grown! I mean, the little rolls on his thighs are proof!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #18
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Erin, you might want to consider getting your own baby scale then; you can just weigh him at home and keep your own chart! We have this one and it works well. I just leave a prefold on it, and when you turn it on, it will say 0 even with the prefold there, so when you put the baby on, you just get the baby's weight.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #19
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Erin, you might want to consider getting your own baby scale then; you can just weigh him at home and keep your own chart! We have this one and it works well. I just leave a prefold on it, and when you turn it on, it will say 0 even with the prefold there, so when you put the baby on, you just get the baby's weight.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

Hazel has her 2 month well visit today at 2pm. For those curious about weight, there is a lactaction center in my area and they do free weight checks. Maybe you could find a lactaction center in your area. They are very friendly and helpful and offer many free classes and resources for breastfeeding. Also a good place to make friends!

Mother to 4 girls : R (6yrs), H (4yrs), P (2yrs), V (born 3/29), and 2 little ones departed from this world.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote