Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Check-ups :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire In The Disco View Post
Erin, you might want to consider getting your own baby scale then; you can just weigh him at home and keep your own chart! We have this one and it works well. I just leave a prefold on it, and when you turn it on, it will say 0 even with the prefold there, so when you put the baby on, you just get the baby's weight.
I like that scale! That may have to go on my list of things to order.

I do take my kids to at least SOME of the well baby visits though. It's not so much because I need them to tell me my kids are healthy - I know that. It's because we choose not to vax until they're a lot older so IF one of them did happen to get sick or something, the military/peds clinic can't claim that I'm not vaxing out of neglect. By taking them to at least some of the visits (I think all of them is a little bit much since we're not getting vaxes, but some at least), I have a record of having medical care for my kids. It's mostly just a "covering my butt" thing as long as my kids are healthy and meeting milestones fine.

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #22
NimblePhish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mal went in today, he's 11.25lbs and 23.5" long, he's a tall skinny guy. He smiled at our PA the whole time.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #23
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

Nayeli's is Friday. I can't wait to see how much she weighs. She is such a chunk. We don't vax either but I still do well baby visits so that we have a good relationship with the doctor if they do get sick.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
punkinbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nayeli's is Friday. I can't wait to see how much she weighs. She is such a chunk. We don't vax either but I still do well baby visits so that we have a good relationship with the doctor if they do get sick.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #25
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Had an appointment today yay! I too just wanted to take them both to get a good relationship in case of sickies. Gabi is in the 50th percentile for weight but 97th for height 38 inches batman lol. She was such a trooper with her shots And after *much* debate and anxiety we're giving Liliana shots too but spaced out quite a bit.

Liliana is indeed 10 lbs 2 oz! She's still 22 inches but I'm don't think I measured properly before b/c she definitely has outgrown more things in length recently. Doc was super happy with her growth and she's exceeding milestones. Yay for healthy babes all around!

Last edited by lilbitcrunchy; 06-24-2010 at 01:54 PM.
lilbitcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #26
khowison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too have been staying away from NAK and stalking you all for a while... hehehe.

Our Amelia's seem to have a little in common when it comes to growth as she had her 2 month check-up done two weeks ago and weighed in at 11lb. 1oz. and 22.5 inches. That's 3lbs and 3inches since birth which works for me. We had to go in today because she has been overly fussy, I have had a tummy bug, and she has been fighting at the breast. The past week or so with all the fussing I just thought she was having a growth spurt but things didn't seem to be working themselves out the way I thought they would so we went in. Turns out my EBF dd has an ear infection already!! What the heck?? That seems so unfair... 11 wks. old and the infection is bad enough that they put her right on antibiotics. DOH!
I want ALL of her stuff... check it out!! and here!!
khowison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #27
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khowison View Post
I too have been staying away from NAK and stalking you all for a while... hehehe.

Our Amelia's seem to have a little in common when it comes to growth as she had her 2 month check-up done two weeks ago and weighed in at 11lb. 1oz. and 22.5 inches. That's 3lbs and 3inches since birth which works for me. We had to go in today because she has been overly fussy, I have had a tummy bug, and she has been fighting at the breast. The past week or so with all the fussing I just thought she was having a growth spurt but things didn't seem to be working themselves out the way I thought they would so we went in. Turns out my EBF dd has an ear infection already!! What the heck?? That seems so unfair... 11 wks. old and the infection is bad enough that they put her right on antibiotics. DOH!
Poor sweet girl, I hope she feels better soon!
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #28
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh no, poor Amelia!!! DS2 had an EI at 12w when he was exclusively nursed too. I couldn't believe it! I hope she feels better soon!

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #29
punkinbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just got from our appt. Nayeli weighs 13 pounds 5 oz and is 22.5 inches long. The doc was very impressed with how verbal she is.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #30
suzieblue
Registered Users

I've been noticing our Coralyn (3 months on 7/5) is becoming MUCH more verbal, too. So neat to watch them develop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbaby View Post
We just got from our appt. Nayeli weighs 13 pounds 5 oz and is 22.5 inches long. The doc was very impressed with how verbal she is.
suzieblue is offline   Reply With Quote