Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #31
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Check-ups :)

Cecilia as well! We have the best cooing conversations now, and they're one of the best times of the day! I talk to her, she oohs and ahs and cooes and grins at me!

Advertisement

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #32
birdie
Registered Users
seller

Avalon had her 2 month check up a few weeks ago but her stats the other day when we had to go for something she was 11 lbs and 2oz and was 22 3/4inches long. She is skinny and still in mostly newborn clothes. Stacy, who do you see here in CC? We see the np Monica we like her a lot.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #33
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Liam talks in his sleep like his daddy. Hard to fall asleep when TWO people are mumbling/giggling at you! He's very conversational during the day too, but at night it's irritating LOL

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #34
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finn had his 2-month app't today (he's exactly 10 weeks old) and weighed in at 14lbs 5oz and 24 1/4 in. According to the ped he is the avg. size of a 4 month old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoSunshines View Post
Figured I'd start a thread for check-ups. Since most of the babies are reaching the 2 month mark, anyways.

Kalliann had her 2 month check-up today (although she'll be 3 months on the 19th.) She's doing wonderful, we declined shots until 6 months. She is 13 lbs. 8.5 oz. and 25.5" long. That puts her at 80% for weight and she's completely off the charts for length.
Wow, that is long!!! Yeah Kalliann!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbaby View Post
We just got from our appt. Nayeli weighs 13 pounds 5 oz and is 22.5 inches long. The doc was very impressed with how verbal she is.
Finn is very verbal too, I swear the other day he said uh-oh. Keegan is still insisting that is his first word!

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #35
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Alex is now 11 lbs 5.5 oz and 23.5 inches. Up from 6 lbs 12 oz and 17.5 inches at birth. So he's up 6 inches in two months!!! Not to mention nearly double his birthweight. Such a chunker! (And he's giving me the saddest look from the swing as I start dinner - sorry kiddo - I'm not wearing you this close to the stove!)
Old 06-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

2mo check up this A.M. (thank goodness for our clinic being open on Saturday.. daddy got to stay home w/ the older 4)

14lbs 9ozs & 24" long.

I knew she was big, but WOWZERS.. that is 3 ounces shy of a full 6lb weight gain since birth!! If you count her discharge weight of 8lbs 2ozs, she has gained 6lbs ozs in just two months!

She is doing great... unfortunately the clinic is very pro vaccinations. I didnt go into detail w/ them... wanted to get in & out as we have plans today. I just told her she was getting her vacc's at the health center. Yeah, I fibbed.

But we'll cross the "battle over vacc's" bridge at another time.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #37
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl View Post
Alex is now 11 lbs 5.5 oz and 23.5 inches. Up from 6 lbs 12 oz and 17.5 inches at birth. So he's up 6 inches in two months!!! Not to mention nearly double his birthweight. Such a chunker! (And he's giving me the saddest look from the swing as I start dinner - sorry kiddo - I'm not wearing you this close to the stove!)

Erin - I wonder if they got a wrong measurement at birth. My DS was 34 weeks and he was 18 inches - he needed preemie clothes for the first month until he was about 19 inches and could "just about" fit into newborn.

Regardless - great job feeding that guy and growing him. He is doing awesome. I wish Katie would gain more weight. At her 2 month, she was 7 lbs 12 oz. and 21 1/2 inches.

Julie - WOW!!! She looks so cute in chubby in her pictures that is so great!

Last edited by fish3737; 06-26-2010 at 10:39 AM.
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #38
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Julie - I've wondered that. My DD was 18.5 at 35 weeks. I'd guess he was probably more like 18 or 18.5 because he weighed more than DD at birth (she was 5 lbs 6.5 oz), but he really didn't seem any bigger length wise (via pictures and holding him). He was a little pudgier than she was too, which leads me to think he was probably about her same length, but a little more weight. Seems like their measurements are all subjective anyway depending on who's stretching the baby out. I can tell he's gaining in length significantly now because his legs reach across my body while nursing and kick me!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #39
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl View Post
Julie - I've wondered that. My DD was 18.5 at 35 weeks. I'd guess he was probably more like 18 or 18.5 because he weighed more than DD at birth (she was 5 lbs 6.5 oz), but he really didn't seem any bigger length wise (via pictures and holding him). He was a little pudgier than she was too, which leads me to think he was probably about her same length, but a little more weight. Seems like their measurements are all subjective anyway depending on who's stretching the baby out. I can tell he's gaining in length significantly now because his legs reach across my body while nursing and kick me!
Totally - I was at my nephews birth on Tuesday and the one nurse measured him at 20 1/2 inches, then my mom (the baby nurse) measured him the next morning and it was clearly 21 inches (a little tiny more). So I definitely agree about the measuring thing.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #40
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Avalon had her 2 month check up a few weeks ago but her stats the other day when we had to go for something she was 11 lbs and 2oz and was 22 3/4inches long. She is skinny and still in mostly newborn clothes. Stacy, who do you see here in CC? We see the np Monica we like her a lot.
We see Monica. I think Tiffany told you about her?! I was trying to talk her into taking her girls there, lol. I went to see her a few days after she joined the practice and she is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I love her to pieces. She's an AP mama, herself, so that helps a bunch! I'm glad you like her! I've been recommending her to everyone I know.

Still in newborn clothes? Kalliann fits nicely into most 3-6 month, but has some 6 month Carters that fit great! Its all in her length though. I re-measured her a few days ago, she's 26" long!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote