Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #21
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do we have a name thread yet?

I think our LO's name is going to be Leah. Our other top pick is Lydia. My little brother REALLLLLYYYY wants to use Lydia for his DD though.

Undecided on a middle name. We like Claire/Clara (Claire flows better I think but a wonderful woman we know is Clara so that name has special meaning)

Leah Claire

Leah Alanna

Leah Mae (my grandma's name)

GAH!! I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGrace View Post
I think we'll for sure do either Isaac Ryan or Isaac Gabriel if baby is a boy...if baby is a girl, I think either Cora or Elena, with Grace or Joelle for a middle name. I currently like Cora Joelle the best
I haven't heard Cora in awhile but really like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnne View Post
I think naming the baby is one of the hardest things I've done. I actually went on a semi-mock protest of naming DS for 2-3 months. I got so tired of trying to find a name that both DH and I liked and that I felt would grow with him that I just quit thinking about it or talking about it for a long time. And, DH was tired of it and kept coming up with what I consider to be crazy names (think Bocephus, Aloyicius, Jack Daniel...) that I just gave up. I am not sure why, but Jack struck me one day when I was around 6 months and it stuck. His middle name took a while. We were undecided between Michael (after DH's cousin that passed away a few years ago), Robert (after DH's grandfather) or David (DH's middle name). Since Jack is actually after my grandfather, we finally decided on Robert to honor both of our grandfathers who fought in WWII, met their wives overseas and brought them back to Wisconsin so that our families could be possible!

This time is probably worse. My family is incredibly opinionated on girl's names, so I can't even talk to them about it. My grandma is calling the baby "Sammy" because she needs a name, and I still remember my mom's RUDE reaction to the girl names we had picked out before we knew DS was a girl. The one name I do like, Lilly, is suddenly so popular in my state that I am not going to use it because 3 variations of it are in the top names from last year.

I like the name Alanna, DH says he'll go along with it, but doesn't really like it. I have gone back several generations hunting for meaningful names and LOVE Johanna, but DH hates it. I am thinking this baby is going to continue to be "Baby Girl" for quite a while yet. Especially since DH has declared that he'd prefer her name started with an "L." Oh, well. We still have a few months!
DH wants Alanna as a middle name for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfamilygal6 View Post
Leah Claire (dh's mom is Clara). We've had it since baby #4, but the last two were boys .
Love it

Advertisement

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #22
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Levi James
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #23
lilbugsmomma
Registered Users
seller

We named our DS Cohen. I found it so hard to commit to a name, but so happy with our final choice! Some other names that we liked were...Easton, Liam and Connor and for a girl...Sadie, Lyric, Makenna, Harlow. Good luck!!!
lilbugsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #24
littlelilly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrijodo View Post
Lisa-- what about Lilliana for a first name then you could call her Lily for short and hubby wouldn't have to
We're actually naming her Lillian Corinne. Lillian after my Grandmother but we'll call her Lilly for short and Corinne (pronounced korin) is my first name
littlelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #25
jakossi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I think naming the baby is one of the hardest things I've done.
I totally hear you. I about had a breakdown the first time I got a dog and had to name it. What a responsibility to name another living thing. I don't know what I would have done in naming a human being without that experience.

Quote:
DH has declared that he'd prefer her name started with an "L." Oh, well. We still have a few months!
Don't know if you like the name Lydia, someone else mentioned it. Our DD's middle name is Lydiane which is Lydia + Anne. I liked Lydia but our last name starts with "A" so I didn't want it running together. (I won't be offended if you don't like Lydia.)

Also, DH wasn't crazy about DD's name initially, told everyone I picked it. I asked him to stop saying that because it was like he was apologizing for it. I don't think he was crazy about it initially, but he likes it now.
jakossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
KassieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our son will be Johnathan Gabriel ..... and Gabe for short
KassieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #27
HGrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
I think our LO's name is going to be Leah. Our other top pick is Lydia. My little brother REALLLLLYYYY wants to use Lydia for his DD though.

Undecided on a middle name. We like Claire/Clara (Claire flows better I think but a wonderful woman we know is Clara so that name has special meaning)

Leah Claire

Leah Alanna

Leah Mae (my grandma's name)

GAH!! I don't know

Thanks, I like Cora a ton (and I never hear it either), I'm trying to get DH on board He likes it, but not ready to commit. We went out last night and actually really talked girls names..we also like Clara a lot, but like you said, a little worried with the flow, so I think we'd choose Cora over Clara. DH also likes Cailyn/Kaelyn and I do too...so I think Cora or Kaelyn are our top two choices now.

I am finding girl names so hard this time! Actually it's more the agreeing with DH..if it were up to me, if this baby is a girl she would be Cora
Old 06-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #28
MamaMary920
Registered Users
seller

Two Leah's in a row! That's on my list too but my only hesitation is that it means "weary." Otherwise it is the only name that I've liked consistently from the beginning of this pregnancy.

Naming is so hard. DH and I haven't named any of our children until they were born and I expect this time will be the same. We actually had a boys name picked out but no clue for a girl. So it goes.
MamaMary920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #29
tbowers8403
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Lydia was on my name list. I love that name!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #30
tbowers8403
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMary920 View Post
Two Leah's in a row! That's on my list too but my only hesitation is that it means "weary." Otherwise it is the only name that I've liked consistently from the beginning of this pregnancy.

Naming is so hard. DH and I haven't named any of our children until they were born and I expect this time will be the same. We actually had a boys name picked out but no clue for a girl. So it goes.
lol Claudia means "Lame" but I don't care - love it!! Actually got it off of Interview with a Vampire, but I like vampires and Claudia was a kick-butt one!