Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Country Save- How much do you use?

How much Country Save powder do you use for a load of diapers? (Also- front or top loader? How's your water?)

Just starting to use CS and am looking for that magic amount. We have mostly prefolds with a few BGs for night time...top loader. Slightly hard water.

Advertisement

marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Katylynn2000
Registered Users
seller

Re: Country Save- How much do you use?

I use a half of a scoop in my top loader. I don't know what my water is... I would say a little hard? But, I also use like a tsp of liquid Tide in the pre-wash. I feel like they get cleaner. I still have staining but I sun them all every weekend and it clears the stains up in minutes!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

I use 1/4 of the scoop that comes with the package for a medium-to-full load in a top loader and we have soft water. I mostly have pockets and MF inserts, and a couple AIOs and a few fitteds. I also still have staining sometimes but the stains come out when I sun the diapers. I am pretty new to CountrySave and still going back and forth between this and Tide HE powder.
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a FLer. For a medium to large load (I wash every third day), I add about 1/2 C of baking soda to the drum and run a prewash. Then, I add a little less than that halfway line in the CS cup for the wash and I do a extra hot wash (gradually heats up to treat stains), two rinses, and an extended spin. I've added 1/4 C of white vinegar to my first rinse cycle and didn't have any issues with my PUL. But then again, I don't do that every load. Only when there are more poop diapers in there than pee diapers or when DS' night dipes are particularly smelly. I haven't had any issues with staining either! Not to say that I don't get stains. But, we can tell by how peanut buttery DS' poop is whether it'll stain or not!

I'm loving Country Save! I love that it doesn't have a smell; the diapers "just" smell clean! I love how I don't need to use much for it to be effective! It rinses out well too! I've tried Seventh Generation and All Free & Clear before Country Save. Now that I've found something, I have no interest in trying anything else!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved that detergent! I used 2-3 tablepsoons per large load.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use the bum genius version of country save and it comes with a small blue scoop so I use two scoops for a large load and 1 scoop for small or medium in my kind of hard water top loader. Works for me! I just use the 18 minute heavy duty wash cycle sometimes for extra dirties I do a prerinse and second rinse. Not usually though.