View Poll Results: Spinoff-Do you vax... (non-vaxers)
Yes, everyone knows. 27 34.62%
No, we have chosen to keep it to ourselves. 7 8.97%
Some friends and family know. 39 50.00%
Other 5 6.41%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #11
elijahsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spinoff-Do you vax... (non-vaxers)

I don't mind telling people. Dp thinks otherwise. He feels we should just keep it to ourselves. I haven't had any real issues so it's hard for me to think of caring about not saying anything, I guess I feel that it's my child and I am doing what I feel is in the best interest for him and would tell people that if I was challenged.

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #12
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's funny because it doesn't really come up that often. We certainly don't try to hide it. I know some people think we're crazy. I have to admit that I thought that way when I had a friend that didn't vax...before I did the research myself and came to the same conclusion.

I had some questions brought up by family but we've shared our thorough research with them so they really had no counter-arguments on the topic. We did keep it "on the DL" with WIC for a while but finally told them too and it wasn't a big issue.
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
A'smommy
Registered Users

While we delayed we just didn't mention it (except to the pedi).
Old 02-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #14
2beautifulgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I checked off "other"....only part of our family knows we choose not to vax and they are the ones that we knew would not go off the handle and actually semi-support our decision. And like one of our friends knows because they also do not vax. When we are asked if the girls "have all their shots" (my grandparents) we just tell them they have all the shots they need.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #15
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

We tell people if they ask, but we certainly don't advertise our personal business generally.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #16
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I talk about it if it comes up. We're planning a vacation to DH's home down to see family and I'm thinking it's going to be brought up there, probably just someone asking about his 1y shots. They'll totally spaz, I think. lol.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #17
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
I talk about it if it comes up.
All our family knows, and nobody thinks we're crazy (my mom & dad were the ones who brought it up to us in the first place). Most of our friends & my co-workers know, because I'm pretty vocal about people knowing what they are putting into their child, whether vaccinations or food.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #18
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Almost no one knows. Only those that are searching for the same thing, do we share with. No one else because of the hardships that come with doing anything "different".
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #19
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I selected other. We don't purposefully keep it to ourselves, but we don't shout it from the roof tops either. I think at this point most of our close family knows. My SIL is very interested in learning more, especially in light of the HPV mandate that Perry forced through here in Tx. She doesn't want it any where near her girls, and her oldest will be in the first group to recieve it if it holds.

We have only ever had trouble with one person, my BIL's wife is a nurse and she thinks she knows everything about kids and health. I just ignore her when she starts talking, she isn't exactly doing a stellar job with her kids so I don't feel like her advice on anything is particularly worth hearing. Plus we only see her maybe three times a year. Everyone else just leaves it alone or is fairly supportive. I'm not the type to keep quiet about things that are important to me, but I am also not afraid of confrontation.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #20
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

no one has ever asked, and we don't make it a topic of discussion. i cannot imagine the conversations that would ensue. actually, i'm not sure they would be "conversations".

if someone flat out asked me, i would never lie about it.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote