Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #21
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toddler Wearing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
dd is 16mo and I wear her almost daily. I use a sling or pouch for quick errands (shopping) and a mt for longer trips. I use my ergo to vacume and cook.

Since you have sewing skills, you could prob easily make your own mt or wrap or trade someone for it.

I dont have sewing skills I just advertise for butterfly bunz because I love them

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #22
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all the advice ladies, I might look into buying fabric and attempting to sew something...I don't suppose I can mess it up too bad If I like it I'll buy something of a higher quality, thanks for all the advice!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #23
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

don't forget to look on the FSOT section of www.thebabywearer.com

I got my first Mei tai there for less than $16 total! I loved it so much I went and bought a pretty one for me (my Kozy and my Sachi). Also look for good deals on HC too...I just bought my first sling there for $20 total.

I am also aware that other mamas will lend you wraps to try on your baby before you buy but you have to find your local babywearing group through the babywearing site! If you need more help, I can help you! hugs mama!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #24
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wear my 2 yo dd when she is especially clingy, or in order to go shopping, deal with my other dc, etc. I got an Ergo a year ago because she wasn't walking and needed to be carried all the time, and I needed to get stuff done and needed my hands free. I used it a lot for a while, and got out of it a bit because I was pregnant. Dd would probably love it if I wore her all the time too, and when she sees the Ergo asks to go in it. The only downside is that its kinda pricey. I got a good deal when they were clearancing out the Classics a year ago, and paid less for a new one than the used ones were going for on ebay, so I didn't have any risk laying out the money because I could turn around and resell it for what I paid if it didn't work out.

I really prefer the Ergo to anything else I have. It may just be that I am cheap and this is the only pricey carrier that I have sprung for. I have slings that just aren't so comfortable after a while, and a cheap Mei Tai that makes my shoulders ache after a while though dd doesn't mind it.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #25
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetforestcat View Post
don't forget to look on the FSOT section of www.thebabywearer.com

I got my first Mei tai there for less than $16 total! I loved it so much I went and bought a pretty one for me (my Kozy and my Sachi). Also look for good deals on HC too...I just bought my first sling there for $20 total.

I am also aware that other mamas will lend you wraps to try on your baby before you buy but you have to find your local babywearing group through the babywearing site! If you need more help, I can help you! hugs mama!
Thanks so much for the link, I signed up and referred you!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #26
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a friend who is selling a carrier she made and selling one she bought. They are both really nice to use and she has carried a 35 lb little one in it and she carries her 2.5 yr old in one a lot.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #27
marisal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second a lot of the things the other ladies are saying. I was just looking for a new wrap/sling/something for my NB due in May... and I found the perfect most beautiful wrap online but it was much more than I would like to spend. So the same morning I thought I would check out TBW and there it was! on FSOT for $45 less! I snatched it up, got it in the mail yesterday and wore my 2 yr old in it today and he loved it. I haven't worn him since I got pregnant so he thought it was such a treat.
Also! I just made a wrap for a friend of mine out of gauze, which is super cheap and she is wearing her NB around in it. The only prob with gauze is that it's not for the heavy babies becuase it does stretch, not as much as a Moby but it will create pressure points. I would check out some sort of cotton woven that has diagonal stretch (very important) and get it how long you want it and voila! Take a peep around TBW too for directions on DIY wraps, they have a whole seperate area for that.
GL and enjoy!
Try wearing DC on your back too, to alleviate some of the weariness of wearing your toddler, it helps... alot!
Marisa
marisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #28
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Did you fnd any good wraps yet mama? I hope you have! about referring me...I didn't even know you could do that there! I do have the same username there though as everywhere else. LOL
Old 02-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #29
mariewes
Registered Users
seller

We still wear our son and he is 2 1/2! We use a homemade Mei Tai
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #30
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

This thread makes me curious about buying some kind of carrier. We have a Baby Bjorn (I know, pretty mainstream) and I love it. I'd like to get something for when Katie outgrows that.

What kind should I get? I only want to get one (I like to keep things simple) and I don't want to spend more than $40 or $50 for it, but I don't mind buying one used.

I don't want one that's complicated. DH will use this and using it needs to be intuitive (I don't want to have to watch a video or read a long list of instructions.)

Oh, and where's a good place to buy one?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
kgsd is offline   Reply With Quote