Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Decided to continue BF/Pumping afterall, advice is needed!

Well my lo turned 7 mo old a couple weeks ago, and at the same time began refusing his only feed at the breast that he would take, which was his early morning feeding, I would then procede to pump all of 2 ounces the rest of the day and feed in a bottle. Once he started to refuse all breastfeeding I decided it was time to stop, so I did. Well about a week after that he got sick the first real sick he has ever been! He is horrible at being sick and he has been a different child since. Best way I can put it is he dosn't DO SICK.

Now he has had recurrent ear infections since birth, and always has fluid in his ears. He is getting tubes on Monday to alleviate this, so, I was thinking maybe just maybe once his ears feel better, he will want to nurse again.

My milk supply is gone, but I can still get a few drops out, so I think I may be able to regain my supply, which wasn't much to begin with unfortunatlly.

I am going to pump often, take fenugreek and spend lots of skin to skin time with him. Any other advice? Would you reccomend I get a Symphony pump over a lactina? Any help, or success stories would be great! Thanks Mamas!

I am a nurse so I work 3 12 hr. shifts a week, I have a breast pump on my floor that I use

Last edited by rescueremedies; 06-18-2010 at 02:05 PM.
rescueremedies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Decided to continue BF/Pumping afterall, advice is needed!

Besides pumping, fenugreek, and snuggles, try eating oatmeal or baking lactation cookies. The cookie recipe is on

My 9mo DS is getting tubes in a few weeks too... He's never had formula, just bm & solids, but his ears have been infected on and off almost constantly for 4-5 months. I can empathize!

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!

Last edited by sandy_dandy; 06-18-2010 at 07:25 PM.
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Re: Decided to continue BF/Pumping afterall, advice is needed!

yep what you are doing sounds great! I own a lactina and rented a symphony they are both great pumps. I my lactina. I would make sure you are pumping every 3 hours for atleast 10min on each breast. Check out kellymom for more info. GL and what drops you DO get put them in his infected ear
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote