Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
uterine anomalies

i KNOW i can't be the only mom on this whole website with this, so i'm posting this just to see if we can get a shoutout from all you moms who have some form of a uterine anomaly.

as for myself, i have uterus didelphys duplex. i found out in april 2007.

i have had one miscarriage (5 wks - march 2003), carried my DD to full term (right uterus - delivered at 38 wks 6 days - august 15, 2009 - delivered c-section for malpresentation/breech), and am pregnant again (left uterus - 25 weeks with no complications thus far!)

so i just want to see who else is out there! i am hoping we can create a happy, positive little support group for everyone - providing experiences, sharing information, etc. there's not a lot of positive information coming from the medical community, so we need some optimism up in here!

Advertisement

Like our store on Facebook

Last edited by nceveritt; 06-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: uterine anomalies

I do not have a uterine anomaly, but am so happy to hear about your healthy pregnancies. A friend of mine is marrying a woman in the fall who has a duplex uterus and they had no idea if it was even possible to have children (I guess she never asked her doctor). I'm happy to know it may be possible, they want children and would be great parents.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:49 AM   #3
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad things are going well for you so far this pregnancy, and happy for your success with your DD.

I have a bicoruate uterus.....16 weeks pregnant with #1, and so far so good. They won't really tell me much about how it may/may not affect things, just that I may not be able to carry to term as the baby may not have enough room on the side it chooses?
tamesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I have a unicornuate uterus. I suspect (but it isn't confirmed) two m/c in my college years, and had a chemical pg last February. It takes a while to get pregnant. To go with my half uterus I only have one kidney and one ovary. Nothing on the left side formed when I was developing in utero.

I am pregnant with my third to make it to the third trimester, due in July It just takes longer to get pregnant and is harder to keep baby due to uterus high m/c risk. Also I get HG REALLY bad, IDK if it is uterine related or genetic as my Paternal Grandmother also had HG with all of her pregnancies.

The weird thing is my next door neighbor has a bicornuate uterus, she lost twins aprox 13weeks, and a singleton before they figured it out, and carried her now almost 2 year old to term when they figured out she has a blood disorder and a genetic disorder on top of her bicornuate uterus.

to you it sucks having weird or different anatomy and having to explain to the drs constantly because most of them have never heard of it.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamesis View Post
I'm so glad things are going well for you so far this pregnancy, and happy for your success with your DD.

I have a bicoruate uterus.....16 weeks pregnant with #1, and so far so good. They won't really tell me much about how it may/may not affect things, just that I may not be able to carry to term as the baby may not have enough room on the side it chooses?
My first ran out of room at 37 weeks, the second made it 39 weeks and am 37&1/2 weeks pregnant with this one who according to u/s is running out of room. I just had really small babies due to unicornuate uterus. 5lbs 5oz and 5lbs 8.7oz. Both doing well today. I am interested to see how big this baby gets and the first two stretched my uterus out for this one hopefully.

You could make it to term, have hope the dr's don't always know everything.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have UTMOST confidence in my body. This baby is in the smaller of the two uteri, but not by much - from what they told me from my laparoscopy in 2007. Since I carried my DD to term and she was 8 lbs, 6 oz, I know I can carry good healthy babies!

I know it's supposed to be trickier for us to get pregnant because I have a vaginal septum (so if we want to get pregnant, we have to get the side I ovulated on) - but so far, no problems. We do NFP, so I know my body like the back of my hand. This time around, I was lucky enough to know that I was ovulating on the left --- which was our goal for this pregnancy, to give my right uterus as much rest as possible! We did it and my doctors are very thankful for it.

And I agree, I hate having to explain to doctors my exact setup. They like to say I have bicornuate, and I always am correcting them - "it's didelphys, silly: I have a complete duplication with two cervixes and two vaginas!" Welcome to my life.

As for all these doctors telling women they might not carry to term - so far every woman I've known with this (who did not have a miscarriage) carried to term, or pretty darn close. My doctors told me I'd probably deliver my DD between 34-36 weeks - I showed them!

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
tamesis
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad you posted this....It made me think a little more about my condition, which has just kind of been mentioned in passing "oh, you have a bicornuate uterus", and become a little more educated on it myself. That was a little scary, as it says there is a 60% fetal survival rate, but now I have a bit more knowledge, and can ask at my ultrasound where the baby is, how bad the bicornuate is, etc. I have a home doppler though and can only ever find it on the left, however hopefully it's resting at the bottom, instead of the top.
tamesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
jmae00
Registered Users
seller

I don't have any uterine issues (but have other really strange medical things like being allergic to water). I just wanted to wish all of you good luck. And to find people that have similar issues/symptoms because it always helps to feel like you are part of a group instead of one lonely person with some bizarre condition.
jmae00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamesis View Post

What I have been told is a bi-cornate uterus does not become as bad as you get bigger as it tends to stretch out (but can be an issue when it comes to implantation). All my babies tend to stay on the side that has the most room (my right side is almost always where the bum is). I have carried two babies to almost 40 weeks and one to 38 weeks. Still waiting on when this one will come as I am due any day now.

I have a bi-cornate uterus. 2 healthy pregnancies, no issues then 3 miscarriages in one year. My last two pregnancies I have taken progesterone to help the pregnancies to stay and it has worked.

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

I had an arcuate septum in my uterus. I had it surgically corrected during a hysteroscopy in 2006, had DD at 38 weeks in 2007, and I'm now expecting #2 in 2011.