Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lil Peeps Baby Talk - June 20-26 - Happy Father's Day!!

I wanted to start a new thread today so that I could send out a Happy Papa's Day (as we call it in my family ) wish to all the dads out there! :

My left breast is doing OK now, but the right one is still pretty bad. It's still bleeding off and on, and Cecilia's poopy diaper yesterday (she generally poops once a day) was full of little black specks, almost like black sesame seeds, mixed in with the normal breast milk poo. I'm assuming that's blood from nursing on the right side. It seems to be upsetting her tummy too, so I am going to try to give the right side a break and express and pump from it to use in the SNS. I hope it helps.

Advertisement

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Lil Peeps Baby Talk - June 20-26 - Happy Father's Day!!

Oh, ouch Aimee!! I hope pumping helps it! My right side was terribly painful for the first 6 weeks cause Alex had such a bad latch on it and sometimes pumping was all I could do on that side. But yeah, the dark specks in the poop are from blood - Alex had that for awhile too because his latch was so bad on that side that I was bleeding significantly. He spit up brownish several times too because of it. Ow!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ack, poor Cecilia and poor mama!

Nicole, I have two in diapers and we have a big 11 gallon trash can that I wash every 2 or 3 days, depending on how much they poo. I just don't like wetbags with two kids.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morning ladies!
Aimee-OUCH! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope it gets better quickly for you.
Robyn- Can your washer fit 3 days worth of diapers in one load? Or do you have to do multiple loads? I actually enjoy diaper laundry so I do it everyday. I definitely have enough diapers to go 3 days but I never have. I think I have a problem (-:

Here is a picture from today, first time in the Babyhawk without the insert. The Babyhawk has a MUCH higher back than my Ergo does! This is good to know since DS is a long baby. I might have to trade in my Ergo for another Oh'snap.

Just getting ready to head out onto the beach this morning at 6:30:

Have a great Sunday ladies!
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy father's day out there to all your dh's!!!

Ciera- such a cute pic! I have an old style beco w/ a high back and love it! But the oh snap looks oh so tempting

Aimee- I hope you feel better soon, that sounds terrible!

AFM: The baby shower went great yesterday! The burp cloths turned out so cute. I'll try to load pics. I also need to load fluffy pics of Finn, I can't believe I haven't even posted to that thread.

We are headed out the door to the Milwaukee lakefront festival of the arts. Its our favorite art festival so I'm really looking forward to it.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies. I hope everyone has a great father's day. We celebrated yesterday because dh works on Saturdays. We went shopping. I swear he likes shopping more than me. We also went to the circus it was fun but really loud. I only do diapers about every 3 days. I have so many diapers it's crazy.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Athena woke me up by throwing up everywhere. Don't know what that's about? No other symptoms of sickies...I think maybe just a big bubble. But she puked at the breast, then all over the bed, then I picked her up to console her and she chucked all down the front of me and on herself.

I am not celebrating Fathers Day for obvious reasons, but Anton hung out with the kids this morning and they drew him a picture. I will be making a nice dinner, but that's not different than any other day.

I'm sick again. The kids are not, but I'm bracing myself for it. I am just stuffy yet runny, head cold type sick. It sucks but I'm dealing. I can't taste anything so my chocolate craving has been momentarily tabled.

I have so much to do tomorrow morning. I have to make so many calls and go down to the courthouse to file for custody of the girls. It's been a very stressful week for me and DH is not being helpful with that at all. I have to call a lawyer. Sigh.

But enough with the doom and gloom, today Athena is TWO MONTHS OLD!

She is so sleepy though. We stay up too late.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy, the circus sounds fun! I'd love to take the kids but older DS is scared of clowns so he gets the willys if I even mention the circus. In fact today at the art fest there was a clown, he pulled out this fake squirrel thingy and DS got so scared he started crying and fell and scraped his knee trying to get away from him. Poor kid!

Jenny, Boo for the sickies! Isn't it crazy that the babies are two months old!

I have a gajillion diapers as well. DS is already fitting into some size medium stuff! He has super chubby legs and a really skinny waist so I am loving FBOS diapers. So far those are my favorites out of the new ones I've tried.

The art festival was awesome today! I bought a really neat print. Every year we buy something so I'm happy we found something we loved this time because I didn't want to break tradition

Last edited by Ali; 06-20-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ali - I hate clowns!! Glad you guys had fun.

Jenna - Sorry your day was less than ideal. I'm sorry you are going through all this tough stuff!!

AFM: It could be a fluke - but I tried Katie in my sister's baby swing tonight (it swings differently than mine). She fell asleep in it. So even though my sister is like three days over due with Baby Luke I took the swing home with me tonight. Put her in it, and she is asleep again - no crying. I'll try it tomorrow and if it works again and ditching my expensive swing and headed out to get a simple one.

My sister lost her mucous plug this morning so hopefully Baby Luke will come soon. Katie can't wait for him to come out and play.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:50 AM   #10
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Julie- it's awesome Katie and Luke will be so close. my best friend is due in 5 weeks with her 1st son. and Alex has a cousin thats 2 months older and they are best friends

we are good still around. lol just staying busy Joel leaves in 8 weeks. next month we are going to mountians with my mom, sister and dad for family vacation. this will be the 1st time Joel's ever gone with us. then the 1st weekend in aug he and i are going away for our anni. I'm planning a going away bash for him. big family cookout and then a video game night with the guys.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote