Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #21
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Peeps Baby Talk - June 20-26 - Happy Father's Day!!

Robyn~ Glad Ilse is over her strep. Allergies to meds are always scary.

Nicole~Not to rock the boat but he said "if you want to stay home with the kids you have to make some compromises". Did he not want you to quit your job to stay at home? Does he want his kids in daycare? We also have only one car. It has been a sacrafice for us both for me to stay home to be with the kids. We have only one car, we rent, we have not been able to pay off some bills like we would have before and lots of other things we have both given up. I can't get the groceries done, fluffy mail mailed, get stamps etc. Yes, I am stuck at home (which I have come to really enjoy) but if I need something, I just text hubby before he comes home and he picks up milk, stamps, mails my fluffy mail etc. It took a long time though before I felt comfortable being carless. I have always been a go, go, go do it myself type of person so this is actually good for me . I just had to learn to be happy in a situation that wasn't ideal for me and started to think about why I was doing all of this in the first place. I know it is hard but hang in there! Just keep reminding yourself how worth it it all is.

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #22
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dawn~ I really enjoy audio books as well. I have only read the first Twilight book and thought it was pretty good and have only watched the first movie as well. I haven't read any of the others though.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #23
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dawn: Audio books are so cool!!!

Nicole: That totally sucks. I can't believe you guys actually listed it on CL. Hoping it doesn't sell or DH comes to his senses.

Robyn: Sorry about the strep. That is so painful. Poor thing.

AFM:

MY SISTER HAD HER BABY LAST NIGHT!!!!

Baby Luke - 20 1/2 inches, 8 lbs 7 oz. He definitely looks like her other boys. She had a fast labor, didn't need to be induced this time. She was really happy.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #24
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yea Julie!! Congrats Auntie
Old 06-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #25
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yay Julie!!!

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #26
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Julie, congrats to your sister!!!!

We took Kirstan yesterday to a 4:35 showing of Toy Story 3 in 3D. It was REALLY cute! We took all 4 kids, my parents tagged along and then my best friend came. She just graduated from college and was only able to come home once a year so she missed out on alot with the kids. Kirstan was SO happy to have her there for the movie! Then we left and went to have dinner. I was so exhausted last night. Kalliann had a bad night, I'm assuming growth spurt. She was up every hour to nurse, was really fussy and restless. She normally sleeps for 6 or so hour stretches at night, but not last night! I actually think that was the worst night I've had, she was pretty much sleeping 3 hour stretches at night from birth. Oh well, hears to hoping that she resumes her normal sleep pattern tonight!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #27
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Once again, I'm peeved at my in-laws. Well, this time just my father-in-law. I should have never friended them on Facebook (OK, I know that's probably harsh, but it would have saved me from getting angry so many times).

First he comments on a breast feeding article I posted: "I am totally in favor of giving her breast milk. I just wish you would let her have breast milk by bottle as well, so we and others, could give you time for date nights where you could talk about whether the baby is ok. Another rite of passage."

OK, before Cecilia was even born, we told everyone that we didn't expect to be going out without one of us with her until she was over 1 and firmly eating solids for a meal. Nobody else (read: my family) has pushed us on this. Why would he think it's changed? Furthermore, we have worked SO hard to have a healthy breast feeding relationship, and it's been a huge uphill battle with my supply issues and now stupid blebs that I won't do a damn thing to jeapordize that. Not to mention I'm 99% sure that I'm not going back to work, so there's no need for her to take a bottle!

Then, he comments on a picture of my husband wearing Cecilia in the gauze wrap, "Oh, and Christopher, my wonderous son, while I like the "evening gown" look, I'm pretty sure you have a more "Manly-Man" carrier in your possession, which is just as comfy for my Grand-baby. I'm just sayin'...."

Seriously? What. The. Bleep. He's not a "manly-man" kind of guy, so I have no idea why he decided to say that. I was tempted to write back "Sure, FIL, if you want to buy us an Ergo, Chris will be happy to wear it." But my husband handled it better and said "I'm not particularly concerned with the manliness of the baby-carrying device, and more want to consider how Cecilia feels about it. Based on the vote of "nap" I think it was a good choice. :-) Some of the ones that work for bigger babes are a bit less flowing but she isn't so much pleased with them yet, and since my goal is happy baby rather than manly baby carrier, I go with what works."

I'm probably taking this too harshly, but seriously, it pisses me off. I want him to butt out and let us make our own parenting choices, just like he did when my husband was a kid. My mom, by the way, was so mad when she read both of those comments, and gave me an earful.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #28
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aimee - it is just beginning. DH and I were married for 5 years before we had kids. My MIL was totally perfect those first five years (they live about 10 minutes away). But once I got pregnant and then had my first babe "it started". ALL THE ADVICE - OMG!!!! Seriously the stuff she comes up with . . .

Old 06-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #29
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aimee- I so totally feel for ya my grandma makes the comment often to Will once you get off the boobie you can come spend the night. and he does get bm in ottles sometimes and she keeps him atleast once a week for us to go to therapy. i know she's not being mean it's just Will's the 1st in the family to be bf and they arent used to it.

Julie- yay he's a big boy can't wait to see pix of Luke.

So I totally hate unwanted advice. We went to Mcdonalds with my grandma and 5 year old cousin, me and my 3 boys. and Will got a tummy ache. and was crying and i had 3 or 4 women give me advice on it. you know i dont mean friendly advice but after all he is my 3rd and not to mention my middle son is special needs i think i can handlle a tummy ache. and their advice was simply insane. BLOW CIGERTTE SMOKE ON HIS TUMMY!!! How insane does that sound I mean come one. people.

I got my new phone yesterday hubby let me upgrade to a android I got the lg ally. pretty awesome so far
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #30
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's a funny story to lighten the mood from my earlier frustration.

Because the stupid milk blister or bleb or whatever on my right side is healing much more slowly than the one on the left did (it's basically gone), I have been pumping 3 times a day on the right side instead of nursing, since the pump is gentler on my nipples than Cecilia is.

So yesterday I stopped pumping, and pulled the shield off. Around the rim of the pump shield (my husband calls it a "satellite dish") where it met my areola was very thick, sticky, almost gluey milk. I panicked, really concerned that something more serious than a blister was wrong with me.

Then I remembered I had put Lansinoh on about 15 minutes earlier.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote