Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #81
nmoeller01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Peeps Baby Talk - June 20-26 - Happy Father's Day!!

Well...I grabbed the wrong one at the store when I was with all the kiddos and the baby was crying. I KNEW it was the wrong one (Banana Boat...ACK!), but the stress hormone from my crying baby blocked my senses...and so, we will be throwing away the $5 to get one of the safe sunblockers! Thanks for the info Ciera!

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #82
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use California Baby. I use it on Athena as well. My Pedi said 2 months and up but I've been using it on her since birth.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #83
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

No it doesn't irritate, my kids anyway. Either that or it has never gotten in their eyes!

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #84
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

((waves))

Hey there ladies! Long time no talk. Just 'caught up' with this thread, missed a couple days. We've been busy busy. I joined a few playgroups here locally and every morning has been something new and fun and I've been meeting so many wonderful new friends that think like me (pro extended nursing, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP types) and it's been incredibly soul nourishing for me. Anton and I are still remaining civil but some days are tougher than others. I cannot go into details anymore per my lawyer's advice though. I can say we are still living in the same house and I have a LOT of paperwork to file next week.

Athena is thriving. She's up to 12lbs. 6oz. as of a couple days ago on my home scale. Still supplementing but in the last couple days she's taken less. I'm not sure what that's about since she doesn't need less food. My supply must have taken a jump! I switched from capsules to tinctures, that could be it. I'm getting ready to get back on Metformin as well, for my PCOS, and that should help boost my supply as well. we have TONS of donated milk in the freezer now - I'm hoping what we have will last for the next 6 months. At least.

Athena's basically sleeping through the night now. She passes out between 9p and 11p depending on if I take her upstairs for bed or leave her down here while I finish doing my own stuff...and I have to wake her for work around 6-7am but she stays asleep until just about noon with a couple feedings in there. On the weekends (like today) she sleeps from 9ish to 9ish waking for a couple feedings but not until about 5am. Pretty nice!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #85
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anybody else's nursling turning into a squirmer? Mine wiggles like crazy! It's cute, til he does it WHILE nursing and OW! He really doesn't get that that's ATTACHED to me. He also pops off constantly now because he's wiggling and squirming so much. Then he gets surprised and mad that he no longer has boob and half the time he ends up sticking his hand in his own way and stops himself from eating. It's cute, but a little frustrating at the same time. DD never did that - if she had boob she was totally focused and not doing anything else. (at least until 6 months or so when she got nosy and would try to look around while latched on . . . didn't work so well, it doesn't detach!)
Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #86
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope - Athena is super chill whilst on the b00b. Thank goodness! She actually falls asleep pretty often. The second the b00b pops out, awakeness! Crazy kid.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #87
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cecilia pretty much always falls asleep nursing. Every now and again she stays awake after a feeding, but it's rare. She's super high energy during her awake times, though!

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #88
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

Erin- Nayeli is becoming very squirmy also. It's very annoying.

We went to a b-day party yesterday and I think I may have coverted to moms to cloth. So excited my first converts.

Last edited by punkinbaby; 06-27-2010 at 10:23 AM.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote