Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

What is a good amount of $ to give the babysitter for food?

DS is being taken care of by a friend right now in home until the doc clears me to lift over 10 lbs... anyway, he just started going yesterday since DH returned to work & I said I'd pay $125/week & send his dipes, milk, food, etc. Well yesterday was insanely hectic & he didn't get food packed & she said NP. She also offered that if we have a hectic week or don't get food packed for that week just to send some extra $. DH & thought maybe that would be better & make it easier for her - she has 3 other children so she's making all of them the same food & then having to get out DS good separate, etc... sort of a pita. But I'm stuck on a figure.

What's a good amount of "extra $" to send for food. He's there from approx 7-4:45 & he's just over a year old. He is a very good eater (he can no kidding eat like to PBJs in one sitting & full cup of milk & still try & snack off of your plate).

Note = he's not even remotely chubby. LOL He has the metabolism that I pray for haha!

Advertisement

Last edited by CMamma; 02-20-2007 at 01:04 PM.
CMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Re: What is a good amount of $ to give the babysitter for food?

I know it's awkward, but could you ask her what would best help cover her costs? Otherwise, I think I would suggest around $25 or so. Not sure but that sounds ok considering she is buying the food anyway for 3 other kids so it's just a bit extra, not like she has to buy it all brand new.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #3
Mommy2Triplets
Banned

Well If she's making the meals anyway for her 3 then $20. should be more then enough. I mean how much can ds possibly eat. I spend $30 on food and drinks for DH dinner at work each week so If you only have one small child then that sounds more then reasonable to me.
Mommy2Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchkids View Post
I know it's awkward, but could you ask her what would best help cover her costs? Otherwise, I think I would suggest around $25 or so. Not sure but that sounds ok considering she is buying the food anyway for 3 other kids so it's just a bit extra, not like she has to buy it all brand new.
I tried asking... & got the "I dunno whatever you think is fair. I'm not sure" answer. Well I'm not sure either.

We only spend about $200 month on groceries for us & DH eats at work (required) & we pay about $100 a month for him 3 meals.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would think 20-25 is plenty for a 3 year old for a week.
I wish we were closer! I'd be more than happy to take care of the boys and could use the extra $ too
Old 02-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Mommy2Triplets
Banned

On that note maby $20 is a bit much how about $10 that's $40. a month. that seems more reasonable considering she's just seraving a little extra

Last edited by Mommy2Triplets; 02-20-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would pay $20 extra per week. Although I think you were paying a good price to begin with ($125). Home daycares around here run between 120 and 130 and 2 meals and 2 daily snacks are included in that price. But I wouldn't want to seem cheap by sending only a bit more for food...assuming she feeds him 2 meals and 2 snacks per day (it's required by the Air Force family childcare to feed them at least every 3 hours)
Old 02-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Ya, I was gonna say $20, too. Especially if she's getting milk or stuff like that.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

$20 should be fine. As long as he's eating whatever the other kids are eating.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #10
Mommy2Triplets
Banned

The thing that is getting me is the $125. a week already to me that is a bit much, I watch my friends daughter for $100 a week and that includes 2 snacks, milk, lunch, juice ect. so $135 or maby $140 should be plenty for the week.