Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
NavyWife.of.2
Registered Users

My Mood:
Best night time solution for HEAVY wetter!!

I need to know what does everyone do for a night time solution for a HEAVY wetter.... My DD is 2 and soaks out of all MF inserts so we are switching to Hemp inserts and we use pocket dips. But I have heard some people do a fitted with a thick insert and then do a large pocket over the outside with another insert and treat the pocket like a cover.. And advice??
Also what are the best inserts for heavy wetters??
Thanks Ladies!!

Advertisement

Happily married to my sexy sailor and currently living overseas, Mama to DD(06/13/08), DS (09/21/09), Vegetarian, animal loving, BFing, Newbie to CDing and BWing, semi-crunchy..SAHM CHECK OUT MY STUFF on ETSY

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ashleyloveslabs
NavyWife.of.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
lrlt2000
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best night time solution for HEAVY wetter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife.of.2 View Post
I need to know what does everyone do for a night time solution for a HEAVY wetter.... My DD is 2 and soaks out of all MF inserts so we are switching to Hemp inserts and we use pocket dips. But I have heard some people do a fitted with a thick insert and then do a large pocket over the outside with another insert and treat the pocket like a cover.. And advice??
Also what are the best inserts for heavy wetters??
Thanks Ladies!!
I don't have experience, but I've seen lots of posts and recs here on that topic--I can't remember the popular company/diaper for this issue, so just do a search here for "heavy wetter" and several should come up.
Leigh, wife to DH, mom to DD #1 5/20/02 and DD #2 4/29/04, with first-to-be-CD DD #3 7/28/10
lrlt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
alligood2000
Registered Users

I used to think my toddler was a heavy wetter but now I'm not so sure! He never leaks at nighttime anymore! Just in case he actually IS a heavy wetter, I'll tell you what we do since it works so well for us!

Tiny Tush Trim Hemp! It is super absorbent by itself and it also comes with a snap in contour doubler. If my guy is going to bed extra early (he's right at that stage where he is *almost* ready to give up naps and some days he doesn't nap, so those days he goes to bed at 6:30 or 7:00 and sleeps clear until 8 the next morning!) I also add a microfiber doubler. Either a microfiber cloth I fold into fourths and lie under the insert (so it doesn't touch his skin), or a doubler I made with 2 layers of microfiber sandwiched between two layers of flannel). This along with a Thirsties cover works super well for him and it isn't too bulky.
HTH!
alligood2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
lrlt2000
Registered Users
seller

Here's a link to a forum search: http://www.diaperswappers.com/search...y+wetter+night

Also, I saw it mentioned in one of those--it's the Kawaii goodnight heavy wetter diaper that I've seen so many reference. I think this is it: http://sweetbottomsbaby.com/catalog.htm?item=25

Whoops, edited--this is the company's site, I think: http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/GoodnightDiapers.htm
Leigh, wife to DH, mom to DD #1 5/20/02 and DD #2 4/29/04, with first-to-be-CD DD #3 7/28/10

Last edited by lrlt2000; 06-20-2010 at 08:19 PM.
lrlt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For my heavy wetter we have found it works best to use both a stay dry and an organic insert inside a Flip cover. Have not had a single leak since we started using that combo.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
payger
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use a fuzzibunz with both inserts that come with it along with a hemp inbetween the two.
That is the only way my son does not wake up wet
payger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
NavyWife.of.2
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks MAMAS all very helpful!!!
Happily married to my sexy sailor and currently living overseas, Mama to DD(06/13/08), DS (09/21/09), Vegetarian, animal loving, BFing, Newbie to CDing and BWing, semi-crunchy..SAHM CHECK OUT MY STUFF on ETSY

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ashleyloveslabs
NavyWife.of.2 is offline   Reply With Quote