Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #201
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Summer weightloss challenge starts today! check in here!!!

I am so excited! I got on the scale this morning and I have already lost 6 lbs!!!!!!!! I know that it is easier for me to lose because I weight so much :-) but I am super excited!!!! I have stopped drinking soda and snacking. I have always been a vegetarian, but not a healthy eating one :-) But this week I have been eating vegan and mostly raw veggies and exercising a little ( I need to get better with that)

Advertisement

120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #202
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTeacher View Post
Okay, is it intentional that the ads whenever I'm in this forum are full of Jillian Michaels?!? Not that I begrudge her her perfect physique -- really -- but seeing her abs kind of makes me want to do my next C25K run directly into the side of a bus.

Just sayin'
Firefox's Adblock Plus add-on is a wonderful thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscnjs View Post
I am so excited! I got on the scale this morning and I have already lost 6 lbs!!!!!!!! I know that it is easier for me to lose because I weight so much :-) but I am super excited!!!! I have stopped drinking soda and snacking. I have always been a vegetarian, but not a healthy eating one :-) But this week I have been eating vegan and mostly raw veggies and exercising a little ( I need to get better with that)
Great job mama!! I love how good I started feeling after I cut out soda!! (Oh and believe me I drank a TON of it!)
Old 06-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #203
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hey mama! You SHOULD be excited! I don't care how much you weigh, this isn't easy for any of us, so celebrating each little victory is perfectly fine! 6 lbs down -- great job!!!

Giving up soda is really tough -- I am working on that one myself. For me, it's a matter of needing the caffeine to function. I'm a complete caffeine addict, and Mountain Dew is my downfall. I get horrendous headaches when I don't have caffeine <--- is what it feels like. I will not, cannot, give up my morning coffee. Not going to happen.

Also, I have a hard time just drinking water, so I've started drinking water with Crystal Light in it so it has some taste.

The exercise part is tough, too. Keep at it!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #204
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchTeacher View Post
Hey mama! You SHOULD be excited! I don't care how much you weigh, this isn't easy for any of us, so celebrating each little victory is perfectly fine! 6 lbs down -- great job!!!

Giving up soda is really tough -- I am working on that one myself. For me, it's a matter of needing the caffeine to function. I'm a complete caffeine addict, and Mountain Dew is my downfall. I get horrendous headaches when I don't have caffeine <--- is what it feels like. I will not, cannot, give up my morning coffee. Not going to happen.

Also, I have a hard time just drinking water, so I've started drinking water with Crystal Light in it so it has some taste.

The exercise part is tough, too. Keep at it!!!
Once you get over the addiction the headaches stop. It really is worth it.. trust me. I used Mt Dew to get through college (breakfast, lunch, dinner, staying up til 3AM, snacks, etc) and gave it up cold turkey.. believe it or not, I survived my last semester "dry" , and have survived newborn-dom twice without it, as well. I haven't been a regular drinker of soda now for 5 years. You only THINK you need the caffeine. Exercise actually works as a wonderful substitute!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #205
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So any other moms still BFing? I'd be interested in comparing what you're doing to lose weight that doesn't effect your milk.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #206
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

I gave up the soda but I am addicted to coffee, I drink about 6 cups a day, and I was drinking soda on top of that. I get massive migraines, it is either drugs or caffeine for me, my neurologist even told me that, so I have to keep the coffee, but I love it anyways.:-)

Funny (kind of) story. When I was prego with my 1st child I wanted to do everything "right". So I did not eat anything I was not supposed to and I stopped all caffeine. I got a horrendous migraine, I could not even see. I went to my OB and she had to give me a shot to stop it. She started asking questions about my preg. She asked if I used caffeine, I very proudly said "yes" that I had stopped using all caffeine. She then asked which was better for the baby, a little caffeine or the drugs and told me to drink 3 cups a day. Of course all prego women should not drink a lot, but I really get massive migraines. I have injectable meds for them.
120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #207
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just weaned. Drink lots of liquids and don't lose weight too fast or u will lose your milk. There are some teas that help with milk supply also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
So any other moms still BFing? I'd be interested in comparing what you're doing to lose weight that doesn't effect your milk.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #208
crunch!910
Registered Users

Today was bad =S had frozen dinner for lunch, only oatmeal for breakfast. And I'm feeling soo blah because a childhood family dog is not doing well at all.. so I'm all worked up about that and the thought of putting her to sleep. AND I'm an emotinoal eater, so it has taken every bit of self control to not just stuff my face with food and ice cream. I'm not sure I'll force myself to exercise today inbetween work - exercising and eating right on the weekend is always so hard because I work on the weekends.

That said, YESTERDAY I did P90X Kenpo.. though I only got through half of it. I'm really, really feeling nervous about stepping on the scale tomorrow. 3 months of trying with no results is very, very disheartening. I want SO badly for the number to be below 160 this time.. but I can't let myself get my hopes up, because I"m sure they'll come crashing down.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #209
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry about ur dog. I am also an emotional eater, so I understand. What about getting fat free fudge pop or something like that that is pre-portioned to snack on when u feel like u HAVE to have ice cream? I am an ice cream girl and I know it is hard. For myself if I really HAVE to have ice cream (I love soy ice cream - yummy), if i hold out too long I end up eating the whole container, so for me in is better to just let myself have a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Today was bad =S had frozen dinner for lunch, only oatmeal for breakfast. And I'm feeling soo blah because a childhood family dog is not doing well at all.. so I'm all worked up about that and the thought of putting her to sleep. AND I'm an emotinoal eater, so it has taken every bit of self control to not just stuff my face with food and ice cream. I'm not sure I'll force myself to exercise today inbetween work - exercising and eating right on the weekend is always so hard because I work on the weekends.

That said, YESTERDAY I did P90X Kenpo.. though I only got through half of it. I'm really, really feeling nervous about stepping on the scale tomorrow. 3 months of trying with no results is very, very disheartening. I want SO badly for the number to be below 160 this time.. but I can't let myself get my hopes up, because I"m sure they'll come crashing down.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #210
ladymeag
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Don't forget that the first bit of weight loss also has a lot of water-weight loss in with it. I know that the first bit of rapid loss followed by the slow, steady loss can be discouraging, since you aren't losing as "fast" as you were at first. Keep at it! You're doing great!