Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #21
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you want to join, sponsor or run the Summer weightloss challenge check in here

I'm bigger than you guys! My starting weight this morning was *cry* 207. I have NEVER been this large. I had gotten down to 205, but somehow gained 2 lbs in the past couple of weeks. I am 9 weeks post-partum and my starting pregnancy weight was 197, but that was up almost 30 lbs from my usual weight i the 160's because of some hormone imbalance issues related to my thyroid. I never thought we'd get pregnant so fast w/ those issues, but we did and I didn't have a chance to take it off before than. So now the hard work ensues.

Should we make the challange 8 weeks long starting today? I can throw up the spreadsheet later today after everyone checks in.

My goal in 8 weeks is to get to 191. I'd like it to be more but that is 2lbs per week.

Advertisement

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #22
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you want to join, sponsor or run the Summer weightloss challenge check in here

By the way, I'll add the %'s of weightloss to the spreadsheet, easy peasy.

Do we want to add subgoals, like workout goals or drinking water goals? Obviously this is an on our honor system and I was thinking of mini-weekly goals that will help everyone acheive their starting goal.

Also what do you think of posting beginning/ending pictures? So we can see results?

Last edited by Ali; 06-21-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #23
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I'm bigger than you guys! My starting weight this morning was *cry* 207. I have NEVER been this large. I had gotten down to 205, but somehow gained 2 lbs in the past couple of weeks. I am 9 weeks post-partum and my starting pregnancy weight was 197, but that was up almost 30 lbs from my usual weight i the 160's because of some hormone imbalance issues related to my thyroid. I never thought we'd get pregnant so fast w/ those issues, but we did and I didn't have a chance to take it off before than. So now the hard work ensues.

Should we make the challange 8 weeks long starting today? I can throw up the spreadsheet later today after everyone checks in.

My goal in 8 weeks is to get to 191. I'd like it to be more but that is 2lbs per week.
Quote:
By the way, I'll add the %'s of weightloss to the spreadsheet, easy peasy.
mama, it does not matter what size/weight you are. We are all here for the same reason, to work on being comfortable in our own skin. :BIG HUG:

I am working on getting the rules and details typed up right now, if you want you can send me a pm and we can get the spreadsheet figured out
Oh and I was thinking 8 wks starting today, so it would run till aug 16th.

Last edited by mama2jack; 06-21-2010 at 10:08 AM.
mama2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #24
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Mama, it doesn't matter who is the "biggest" or who weighs the most! And it also doesn't matter who is the "smallest" or weighs the least! We're all here to support each other as we each try to do what we can to lose some weight Don't start out the challenge feeling sad, start it out feeling motivated!

8 weeks works for me, though I will probably also be setting an intermediate goal of where I hope to be when I get married.

Is weigh in every day? Every week?

And still waiting for DS to wake up so I can get an official starting weight. Yay for a good morning nap!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #25
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am okay with doing sub goals -- in particular related to working out. Pictures.... hmmm, I am a bit camera shy and am feeling so icky in my skin right now that this might be tough for me, but I will do it if other are doing it.

ETA: August 16th is my oldest brother's birthday, easy for me to remember!

Last edited by FrenchTeacher; 06-21-2010 at 10:17 AM.
FrenchTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #26
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok ladies, I posted more details on the OP.
I am ok with posting progress pics but I don't want anyone to feel pressured to do the same.
I was thinking of making a hard copy of my weigh-in sheet as a reminder and hang it on my fridge
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #27
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge starts today! check in here!!!

Okay, my starting weight is a bit higher than I thought. Strange because I was at 157.? over the weekend. Grrrrr.

Right now, I am weighing in at 162 lbs. My goal for August 16th is 145 lbs. I think I can do it.

I don't have Excel on my computer -- it's a dinosaur! Where might I be able to download Excel so that I can view the spreadsheet?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #28
My Lil Pitter Patter
Registered Users
Formerly: HeWearsCloth REMOVED from FSOT for negative feedback!Do not B/T!

hmm I think I'd love to join! I've been meaning to get out of the house lately and working on my body since I had DS 13 month's ago.

I weigh...125 lbs. I am 5'3'' and 21 year's old. I KNOW 125 lbs isn't bad but I FEEL horrible because I weighed around this much when my family use to make fun of me so this is HORRIBLE to me. I did weigh 110 before having DS. My Goal weight is 115 lbs. I hope I can do it. DH and I were going to start TTC but I'm willing to hold off for a bit to get back in shape. I heard about a book called THE BELLY FAT CURE I dont have and can't buy it right now but a mama I know seen wonderful result's if any of you would like to try it.

Any tips on working out would be great. I'll take some shot's of my body later for before and after shots. I'm going to cut off the soda and snacks, DH and I are going to start working out and I'm going to try other thing's also. IDK how to track any of this other then I can write down my workout routine and weigh myself every Monday, if theres anything else I need to know please lmk! Thanks ladies!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #29
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the support Jessica/Karen. I'm going to draft up the spreadsheet now and will pm you soon

Would you guys being ok with my mom joining? She is living w/ me right now until her apartment is set up (she just moved here from CT). She isn't a DS member but I can post her weights. If she wins, the prize will be raffled off to the rest of the participants (excluding me) as she isn't in this to win material items, just to get healthier and do it with me!

Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #30
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll play. I weighed 226 this morning. My ultimate goal is 150, but obviously not aiming for that in 8 weeks. I'll take whatever I can get, though.

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote