Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #481
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecat View Post
okay, weighed in today and i'm up 2lbs. still no sign of AF. i think i may break down and buy a preggo test soon if she doesn't show up. there is no way i should be pregnant. dh is "fixed" and has been for over 2 years now!!! aaaahhhhhh
What are you doing? It could be muscle gain? Or just stress. I know when I'm overly stressed, I used to miss my AF and gain weight. Hang in there mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy101 View Post
congratulations! I am stuck at 140...of course I could be working harder and probably the margarita, beer, ice cream, etc. I had on vacation didn't help! I am planning to shake things up a bit this week w/ more exercise. 140 was my original goal, but now that I am here, I know I should be closer to 135. so, I think my brain is stuck on being finished already. my organic garden veggies are coming in now, so good eating will be a no brainer.
yummy! mine just started coming up too, zucchini and peppers... no tomatoes yet. I can't wait though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJammy View Post
i got hurt on the 4th. My foot is in a walking boot thingy. I am doing sit ups and such but I can't run like I was. I don't eat chips and the only :soda" type thingy I drink is SOBE Replenish. I can't eat pizza much cause it upsets my tummy and my sons. I do though LOVE to eat fat free ranch dressing with raw I think that is my downfall
Sorry to hear you got hurt. Don't worry mama, you'll be back up and working out in no time.

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #482
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

thanks ladies--i'm hoping it's stress which i'm under a ton right now!! money and work--what's new

and for the weight--maybe that's stress too. hoping!! i'll keep you posted
Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #483
FallBabies
Registered Users

I haven't read the latest updates, but I'm down five total pounds since starting. Hurray!

I've been doing WW and loving it. It is definitely the external control that I needed, b/c I was just getting myself confused w/o it.

I injured myself running last week, and I'm so mad about it b/c I want to get out and run. It started w/ shin splints, but then the next day I woke and realized my knee is in tremendous pain. It has only gotten worse over the past couple of days. I can barely walk; every time I bend it I get shooting pain/

Since I couldn't yesterday, I swam laps for 30 minutes. I haven't swam in years, and it felt so good to get back in the pool! I didn't go today b/c I donated blood and figured I'd get some rest, but I guess I'll go in the morning, since I probably won't be running for awhile.

Keep it up, ladies!!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #484
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Guys! Sorry I've been MIA Summer is so nice I haven't been on-line much. I am down 5lbs since starting So I'm right on track. Hope everyone is doing well!

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #485
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My mom just got here for a 3 week visit yesterday so I am sure to do good now. I have an exercise buddy
120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 AM   #486
crunch!910
Registered Users

I'm struggling ladies DH insisted on buying cheese danish that is sitting in the kitchen calling my name. I already had a small bite yesterday.. snuck it when no one was watching. Trying to resist it completely today. There's also donuts in the house.

Eating healthy is a lot of work. Some days I just would rather go hungry than cook or make anything. Throwing in a frozen dinner would be so much easier. And we've got plenty of those int he house too.. thanks to DH.

I wish people wouldn't be so disrespectful about my decision to lose weight and eat better. Nope.. DH can't think of me.. he HAS to have his junk food.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #487
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I'm struggling ladies DH insisted on buying cheese danish that is sitting in the kitchen calling my name. I already had a small bite yesterday.. snuck it when no one was watching. Trying to resist it completely today. There's also donuts in the house.

Eating healthy is a lot of work. Some days I just would rather go hungry than cook or make anything. Throwing in a frozen dinner would be so much easier. And we've got plenty of those int he house too.. thanks to DH.

I wish people wouldn't be so disrespectful about my decision to lose weight and eat better. Nope.. DH can't think of me.. he HAS to have his junk food.
Oh mama, I know your pain! FH is actually pretty good about not bringing in food that I can't eat -- but future MIL is an amazing cook and she's always bringing over leftovers that are LOADED with fat. I have a hard time resisting the temptation. Yes, eating healthy IS a lot of work, and I know what you mean about it being easier to not eat than to prepare something healthy.

You can also count me among the slightly injured. The running has brought back my shin splints, as well as aggravated old injuries in my right ankle (broken twice, torn ligaments many times) and left knee (torn ligaments and cartilege many times). I am wearing a brace on my ankle. Ugh. So, I am keeping the running to a minimum and concentrating more on hard-core power walking so there's less impact, and I'm doing my 30 day shred.

On a brighter note, the massive amount of water retention from AF has subsided from my weigh-in on Monday -- when my weight was UP from last week because I was so swollen up. I am now back down to 155.8 this morning and am hoping to be down a bit more by my next weigh-in on Monday.

The wedding is in 17 days and I don't think I can make it to 145 by then without basically giving up food. I had to order my dress in a large because I don't think I can get down enough to get my boobs into a medium. The large fits fine, but I'm not totally sold on the dress. I may return this one and get another one I've been eyeballing.

I'm hanging in there and doing the best I can, but it sure isn't pretty.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #488
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

still no sign of AF but the pregnancy tests i took say negative. i'm now 3 days late and have always been perfectly on time within a 6 hour window! my weight is back down to 176 which is good, so maybe it's just stress or whatever.

my husband is in limbo of being laid off, our bills are way more than we can afford right now and i'm waiting on a refinance to go through. my business is doing great, but i'm so busy i can't think straight and to top it all off my mother is coming for a week long visit next week!!! aHHHHHHHHHHH!!! yeah, i think it's stress!!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #489
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecat View Post
still no sign of AF but the pregnancy tests i took say negative. i'm now 3 days late and have always been perfectly on time within a 6 hour window! my weight is back down to 176 which is good, so maybe it's just stress or whatever.

my husband is in limbo of being laid off, our bills are way more than we can afford right now and i'm waiting on a refinance to go through. my business is doing great, but i'm so busy i can't think straight and to top it all off my mother is coming for a week long visit next week!!! aHHHHHHHHHHH!!! yeah, i think it's stress!!
Yes, it definitely sounds like stress is holding up AF's arrival! I'm glad your business is doing well -- I see raves for your work all the time! Oh, how I hope your husband doesn't get laid off. I totally hear ya on the bills always being beyond what's coming in
Old 07-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #490
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe I have all my weights written down too although I'm chubby and back at 169 :-(
JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote