Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #511
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

to 95 degree heat and my body's desire to retain water due to the heat.

That's all I've got.

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #512
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

yummy recipe that ds and I had for lunch
100 cal whole wheat tortilla + sauteed apple + low fat cream cheese + a sprinkling of hempseeds = a super yummy fruit quesadilla
Old 07-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #513
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it's important to remember that slow and steady is the healthiest way to permanently lose weight and keep it off. Its a life style change. 1-2 lbs a week is great work at least that's what I have to keep telling myself.

I lost another pound this week, so I am happy. I actually had a couple of really bad days where I couldn't seem to fill up. It was driving me crazy that I was constantly hungry.

I went to the store and bought new weights so I am working out with 2lb weights now instead of 1 lb and I can feel it more.

Although the best news is that I am in size 14! I fit into my 14s today! I'm excited.

Oh and for any of you that may have been craving chocolate I found these Mousse Temptation Jello Cups that are 60 calories each... they are perfect!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #514
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

jello is my saviour!! i have a horrible sweet tooth and so i keep 2 packs of low sugar/low fat choco jello in the fridge for the 'gotta have it now" days!!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #515
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to say I am so glad to have you ladies on here to motivate me, I need all I can get. My DH is super excited about my weight loss so far, he hasn't been able to keep his hand off me! I also wanted to add that I love vitamin water, it has been a staple in my weightloss success.
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #516
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post

and thanks for your help w/ the spreadsheet
Thanks and you're welcome! I went in to program next week and it looks like Ali or someone else came in and finished up. I don't know spreadsheets incredibly well, but when someone gets one started I'm pretty good at figuring out how to fill in the blanks!

I am doing better! We are all finally over our colds (so now since this competition started we've had a week of stomach flu and a week of colds.. lovely!) and I've de-lazied my eating. I'm still training for a 10k in 3 months, I hope to be able to jog the whole thing! Thanks to weather/kids/sickness/lack of sleep I'm really only getting in 2ish days a week out running, which isn't so good, but I am cross-training indoors on the other days when I get a chance. I need to de-lazy and work on that.

Weight is not going terribly well, I'm roughly the same weight and I can tell I've lost muscle, which means... fat. Bleck. I can see it, too. But I'm hoping to be able to recommit now.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #517
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
I just wanted to say I am so glad to have you ladies on here to motivate me, I need all I can get. My DH is super excited about my weight loss so far, he hasn't been able to keep his hand off me! I also wanted to add that I love vitamin water, it has been a staple in my weightloss success.
very positive side effect of weight loss great job mama. how much have you lost so far?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #518
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Having your DH paw at you nightly also will help you burn more calories...lol
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #519
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Having your DH paw at you nightly also will help you burn more calories...lol
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #520
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloecat View Post
very positive side effect of weight loss great job mama. how much have you lost so far?
16lbs!