Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #601
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjscnjs View Post
My before pics. I was a size 20. I did not take "before" pics. but this was the week before we started, we had gone camping.

This is after. I am in a size 14 now!!!

This is me now in my size 20's. look how much room I have in them! They used to be tight

Way to go mama!!

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #602
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge! Closed to new contestants but open support for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
NICOLE! I think you look amazing! I know it is frustrating to plateau but look at how much progress you have made!!!

ETA: it will take an emotional adjustment to get used to your cs scar. I know it is the part of my belly that bothers me the most
Thank you. The scar itself doesn't mother me too much, it's right there just above my pants in the gray shorts picture. It's the flab about 2" above that which is the most bothersome to me. I thought that was just the side effect of having 4 kids in 4.5 years, is it more a side effect of the c/s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
question: why was Tangerine Flamingo banned?
I was wondering that too, I did a trade with her not too long ago and she seemed like a nice person. Bummer about the drama in another thread though.

Quote:
Ok,I have a ton too...

5/6 wks? preggo

about to pop

now and beginning of challenge front view

now and beginning of challenge side view

Wow, I can tell a difference! I am really glad I took pics because i could tell a little bit but I didn't think I made that much change.
You can tell a difference, great job!

Quote:
My before pics. I was a size 20. I did not take "before" pics. but this was the week before we started, we had gone camping.

This is after. I am in a size 14 now!!!

This is me now in my size 20's. look how much room I have in them! They used to be tight

Woohoo! I wish I could make my pants that loose!
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #603
sjscnjs
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Thank you. The scar itself doesn't mother me too much, it's right there just above my pants in the gray shorts picture. It's the flab about 2" above that which is the most bothersome to me. I thought that was just the side effect of having 4 kids in 4.5 years, is it more a side effect of the c/s?
:
I had 3 c-sections. before baby #1 I was 145. After baby # 3 I was around 280. i have a REALLY bad skin flap. It just hangs there, it is much worse than the c-section. I know most mommas who have had c-sections end up with the skin. Mine is just horrible after 3 c-sections. I have come to terms that w/out surgery I will always have the extra skin. But, as long as i look good in clothes i am happy
120***110****100****90****80****70****60*** *50****40****30****20****10****pounds to go!
sjscnjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #604
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nicole, My tummy is pretty messed up from both the c/s and pregnancy. The scar gives me the dreaded floppy flap thingy and since I carried both boys more on the left side than the right it is lopsided. I am hoping if I can get down PAST my pre-preggo weight by about 10 lbs or so it will help with that.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #605
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I had 3 c-sections. before baby #1 I was 145. After baby # 3 I was around 280. i have a REALLY bad skin flap. It just hangs there, it is much worse than the c-section. I know most mommas who have had c-sections end up with the skin. Mine is just horrible after 3 c-sections. I have come to terms that w/out surgery I will always have the extra skin. But, as long as i look good in clothes i am happy
I was about 150 when I got pregnant and 235 at delivery of DS2. As you can see, I was HUUUUUUUUUUGE! 90% belly, which I suppose is an ok thing, but the after effects are just depressing. I don't feel like I look that great in clothes either - maybe because I'm having a hard time with stuff that fits? I feel like I look like a house in loose-fitting clothing. Fitted dresses I feel like I have a pooch and look 12 weeks pregnant. For pants to fit in through the hips they are baggy at the waist and fall down, or if I get the "low rise" styles then I have muffin top.

I think I just need someone to sign me up for "what not to wear".
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #606
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just had to share. I sent hubby a link to my before and after pics I posted yesterday and this is what he emailed me from work.

Wow. You can really see the difference. I'm am proud of you, not only for your dedication to better your health, but our familys and future for our children. I couldn't ask for a better wife and mother of my children. Love you xoxoxo

Old 08-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #607
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Just had to share. I sent hubby a link to my before and after pics I posted yesterday and this is what he emailed me from work.

Wow. You can really see the difference. I'm am proud of you, not only for your dedication to better your health, but our familys and future for our children. I couldn't ask for a better wife and mother of my children. Love you xoxoxo

Awww!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #608
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the pictures! I wish I had taken before pictures--I was too chicken!

I *think* I have gone down a few sizes though; started around a 16, am now down to a 12. My wardrobe consists mostly of long hippy skirts with elastic or drawstring waists. So, it's a bit hard to notice progress. For kicks I tried on a 12 yesterday...and it fit!! I've also been slowly pulling clothes out of my "way too small" bin I keep hidden under the bed. Dh is puzzled as to where all these "new" clothes are coming from
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #609
tazzae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Too sweet! What a great hubby you have!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #610
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer weightloss challenge starts today! check in here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Ok, I like the idea of measuring, so I'm going to copy above poster:

Weight: 173.6 lbs
Waist: 34 in
Chest: 36 in
Arms: 11.5 in
Thighs: 21.25 in
Calves: 14.75 in
So checking how I compare...was 171.6 this morning

Waist 34"
Chest 36"
arms 11.5"
thighs 20.25"
Calves 14.75"

So apparently the two pounds came off of my thighs? I guess that's good, yes?