Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 2010 Weekly Chat ~ June 21-27

Hi Ladies,

Had my 3 hour glucose test today. I felt awful the first hour but then it got better. Of course she couldn't get any blood the 4th draw so she had to try 3 different times/places. I'm pretty beat today. tried to eat some healthy food today but I'm still feeling blah. Headed to the couch while DH gets DD to bed.

Advertisement

s2grace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
DelishNaturals
Registered Users
Formerly: kclark
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochelleS View Post
That's how my husband is. If he goes to make a sandwich in the kitchen, he leaves the knife, mayo, stem from the tomato, plastic wrapping from the meat/cheese, etc. all sitting out on the counter rather than throwing away the trash and putting the dishes/silverware in the sink. He drinks a lot of soda and leaves the cans sitting around the house once they're empty. It drives me nuts that he won't pick up things that he is done with like that.

That's good. And you're totally allowed to have those kinds of days!
Pepsi cans are the BANE of my EXISTENCE!!! You got a friend in me!
My house is ripped apart, top to bottom. I've been super sick with what I'm hoping isnt bronchitis, and my DD and DH have been just doing whatever. Now DH is super ill with a tummy bug, so I'm dealing with DD allllll by myself. so I'm D.O.N.E.

Somewhat good news:
my scheduled section has a date. August 18th. Still have to see my MW tomorrow, but I don't see there being much of a choice, and i'm getting to be ok with it. I'm hoping i'm not just giving up. I just don't see there being an option.
[B]Busy WAHM and working 2 jobs mama too! DD Mikaela,completely addicted to , totally in with my husband Terry with miracle baby #2 08/26/10, hoping for VBAC.
ISO: anything hippy pippy, S gn wool, yarn, how to knit advice.
Check out my new Hyenacart for baby and family body care!!! http://www.hyenacart.com/delishnaturals
DelishNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
TheQuirkyCat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelishNaturals View Post

Somewhat good news:
my scheduled section has a date. August 18th. Still have to see my MW tomorrow, but I don't see there being much of a choice, and i'm getting to be ok with it. I'm hoping i'm not just giving up. I just don't see there being an option.
I don't think you're giving up. I think you're just trying to be reasonable with the situation so that you'll be able to deal with any outcome. Its not a good idea to be so deadset on something that you beat yourself up if it doesn't work out the way you wanted.

Maybe when you talk to your MW, she can give you some good ammo to go back to your doctor and *really* determine if a scheduled section is your only choice. It seems a real shame to me that your doc isn't even giving you a chance at a VBAC...I can understand the doc being worried about a homebirth (what OB really likes the idea anyway, especially with a VBAC?) but why not at least give you a trial of labor in the hospital? Or does your hospie not allow them?
TheQuirkyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
TheQuirkyCat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
Hi Ladies,

Had my 3 hour glucose test today. I felt awful the first hour but then it got better. Of course she couldn't get any blood the 4th draw so she had to try 3 different times/places. I'm pretty beat today. tried to eat some healthy food today but I'm still feeling blah. Headed to the couch while DH gets DD to bed.
Yuck! Sorry about all the sticks. The 3 hour test is just so miserable (I had it last pregnancy) but you should be feeling more "normal" tomorrow. I hope your results come back negative!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
DelishNaturals
Registered Users
Formerly: kclark
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuirkyCat View Post
I don't think you're giving up. I think you're just trying to be reasonable with the situation so that you'll be able to deal with any outcome. Its not a good idea to be so deadset on something that you beat yourself up if it doesn't work out the way you wanted.

Maybe when you talk to your MW, she can give you some good ammo to go back to your doctor and *really* determine if a scheduled section is your only choice. It seems a real shame to me that your doc isn't even giving you a chance at a VBAC...I can understand the doc being worried about a homebirth (what OB really likes the idea anyway, especially with a VBAC?) but why not at least give you a trial of labor in the hospital? Or does your hospie not allow them?
I don't think they'd allow it, but that's definitely a good idea. the thing is I had a massive infection with DD and was in the hospital for 6 wks. nearly died. so they're worried about my chances of rupture, etc etc etc. and don't want to have to do another emergency csection again b/c of the risks that I experienced last time. I'll definitely be asking her for ammo! good idea!!!
[B]Busy WAHM and working 2 jobs mama too! DD Mikaela,completely addicted to , totally in with my husband Terry with miracle baby #2 08/26/10, hoping for VBAC.
ISO: anything hippy pippy, S gn wool, yarn, how to knit advice.
Check out my new Hyenacart for baby and family body care!!! http://www.hyenacart.com/delishnaturals
DelishNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #16
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

My regular perinatologist was in today. The plan is to keep me on the Magnesium Sulfate and in the hospital for the next 3 weeks until 34 weeks. 20 days from today. That seems like an eternity but I know that is what is best for Jack. He will then test for lung maturity and if he is mature (I pray he will be) then they will do my C-section then. Otherwise they will only deliver me in case of emergency or if I go into labor. Unfortunately I have to stay on the L&D floor because they want me close to the OR. I don't know. All of this makes me feel like a ticking time bomb.

My hope is that we will get a take home baby at the end of all of this and if not, a short NICU stay. It is has been one heck of a wild ride and I will be so happy to have a baby in my arms at the end.

Heather - any news on the lung maturity?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
My SO has been home for less that 48 hours and has managed to wreck the house I spent all week cleaning up. I suppose I let him clean up his own mess on his day off tomorrow.
I know exactly how you feel and everything you are going thru. But the only difference is I didn't go thru most of it when I was prego. Dh didn't like to clean up after himself, take care of his dirty clothes (specificaly socks and undies), I never folded his socks the way he wanted. I just kept reminding him like he was 5 and it eventually got better. There are still random piles of laundry on the floor but I am now picking my battles. In fact a little while ago I cleaned the house from top to bottom and he came home from work and put his dirty clothes on his side of the bed on the floor and didnt even put 2 and 2 together as to what he did. All I did was wait until he was paying attention and brought him into the bed room and showed him what he did. I basically said now dh, where do your dirty clothes go? If they arent in the basket they dont get washed and its your own fault if you dont have clean clothes for work. That has worked out pretty well for us since the new rule enforcement.

As for me I have been taking tylenol a bit more and and zofran as well. The twins are running out of room in my opinion, the tylenol seems to help tho. I have another u/s tmrw. Missin dh like crazy but we still have about 6 wks or so until he gets to come home to us. I was up like 4 times last night to pee then at 415 I had to do a bo bo hunt for dd. It def was not fun.
I feel like one wrong puncture and the kids will spill out everywhere.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
Dorothy'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amanda, I know that it must seem like forever, but the 7.5 weeks in there for me flew by, surprisingly. I am glad that they are trying to keep you pregnant as long as possible. Hang in there, and I will definitely be thinking of you. It's not easy, but this will all be worth it in the end.

I hear you all on the DH issue. I am a total neat freak and this being on bed rest is my worst nightmare, lol. DH is completely opposite of me. The house is still not unpacked and the stuff that is is strewn about the house. I keep telling myself two more weeks and I can work on things. It's much better when there is a place for everything and it's just a matter of keeping up on things.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #19
sustone
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hey girls I hear y'all on the DH issues though I have "trained" mine over the last 9 yrs He is great at maintaining- I told him I would quit working pt if he wanted me to be the ft housekeeper:0 We went through marriage therapy in the first few yrs also and that helped A TON!!! I have also relaxed my standards a lot. I use to be OCD and now I am better- dh once asked me if I wanted the house to be perfect or if I wanted to be happy. I am better with happy now Though all my friends call my house "the museum" as it is usually VERY clean and neat. i try to do a little every day as we have a 3700 sq ft house and it is too much to tackle all at once. today I am catching up on 4 loads of wash and am going to vacuum the house- which will lead to massive contractions and an achey back tomorrow but it is well worth it

I had my sizing U/S and NST today and the baby is measuring right on target at 4.3lbs and the NST strip was perfect Hoping everyone is hanging in there- we are in the home stretch-YAY!
married to my best friend and high school sweetheart for 7 yrs. SAHM to Madison(8 going on 18), Lilian- 18 months, our miracle born in March 09 after 3 yrs TTC with fertility treatments and IVF and FET, conceived while we took a "break", and Logan (8/11/2010)- my induced no pain med labor-OMG!!! Always remembering Tim......Working very PT as a float pool RN and loving my happily ever after.....
sustone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #20
TheQuirkyCat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ugh. Just got back from the OB because the mild back/side pain I've had the last couple weeks turned into INTENSE pain this AM. Turns out that I have a kidney infection! My urine was tested a week ago and was negative, but apparently things have now changed.

I'm just glad that we got this figured out finally, and that baby is fine. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be able to move again...right now, life is pretty miserable. Yuck.