Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #21
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2010 Weekly Chat ~ June 21-27

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 07-21-2011 at 11:25 AM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #22
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I couldnt imagine being on hosp bed rest. Esp with DH gone! I give you ladies some serious kudos!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #23
craftmuffin
Registered Users

I'm very back and forth this week! On the one hand I feel very good. Huge, but you know, good.

But on the other hand... I'm feeling picked on by my doctor. Saw him a few days ago and thought we had agreed to try some more small diet/exercise changes to get my GD numbers more in line, and then reassess in a couple of weeks. Then the office called yesterday to say that they were calling in a prescription for meds and setting me up for regular NSTs and ultrasounds. Huh?

I'm setting up an office visit to go in and talk about everything before I take any pills or anything. And I feel confident that no one can make me do anything that I'm just not comfortable with (ultimately I'm worried about the inevitable pressure to induce early) -- but I just don't want the end of my pregnancy to be a battle, you know?

I've had to resist/refuse pressure to induce with both of my previous pregnancies, too. Different care givers, different reasons. Went on to have very smooth and successful natural births with both. It seems sad that I end up wishing for baby to come early just to get everyone off my back.

[p.s. I hope that it goes without saying that I very much support anyone's decision TO induce, medicate, etc. for whatever reason. I'm just not feeling comfortable with it for my own situation at this point.]

Crafty stay-at-home mom to Josie (3), Amelia (2), and another little sister on the way (8/10/10)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** 40
craftmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #24
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just got back from my midwife appt..UTI is cleared up and baby is still transverse..she suggested checking out a chiropractor, so I'm scheduled for my first visit Thursday..friday we're leaving for GA!

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #25
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=ReiSapphireJade;10557528]So, my update of the day is that the lung maturity test came back immature. I saw my perinatologist today and he did a u/s. Baby is measuring right on target and I still have tons of fluid left. He made the comment that he wouldn't even know I had ruptured or was still ruptured except for the fact that I was able to collect fluid yesterday for the test! He did a 3d shot and the baby has a ton of hair!!! I am officially set to be induced next Tuesday, June 29th right at 34 weeks. It is great to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, although I am still majorly stressed about everything else going on in my life right now. We are set to move on June 30th so SO will have to do everything himself.

Also, my ex has filed for full custody and the court date is set for August 11th. I am still working with my attorney to file an emergency hearing to have the kids returned to me for the time being (as soon as I am released) as I am the primary physical custodian. I am having a hard time dealing because by the time I get released from here and get them back, it will have been one full month without me seeing them, talking to them on the phone, or even getting updates about how they are doing!

[QUOTE]

OMG, I would be livid about the ex. I can't go over a week w out my kids and you are used to seeing them all the time? wow, just wow. why hasn't the paperwork from your attorney been filed already? heck you could have donw that yourself with 3 peices of paper last week!! you really needed that in BEFORE your ex filed against you. this is not looking good.

as far as the immature lungs, that sucks. if they are inducing next week, why not get released this Friday, go home, do what you must, maybe see your kids if you can just show up... and then go back when induction happens.
if they are taking baby anyway, I would go home to get done what you need to. if you go into labor no biggie a few days early.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #26
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 07-21-2011 at 11:25 AM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #27
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiSapphireJade View Post
I honestly wish that even though my water had broken, I never started contracting, because then I could've just gone home, taken tons of herbs and vitamin c, been on bedrest, and still been around my kids and never had to deal with all of this!
well this is what I was thinking. at least if you did go home, you could TRY to see them. and a will of a mother is STRONG!! I bet you would not go into labor. but you have to do what you have to do, just wanted to put the idea in your head. I wiash you the best of luck w it all. I hate court stuff and w 2 ex's, i have been thru it alot over 14 yrs so I know alot.
you probably won't lose custody but your ex will make it a mess for awhile, and rack up a big bill, drag you thru mediation for his attempt to get more time. what an a$$. especially w all on your plate now.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #28
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Completely OT... I just realized that i feel like we have all gotten to know each other and we're all getting so close to having babies... (gush) it's been great having you all around for support and information. I hope it all works out for all of us... whatever that looks like for each of us....
just feeling happy to have met you all... and feeling happy to see all of your icons here/familiar.

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #29
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageac View Post
Completely OT... I just realized that i feel like we have all gotten to know each other and we're all getting so close to having babies... (gush) it's been great having you all around for support and information. I hope it all works out for all of us... whatever that looks like for each of us....
just feeling happy to have met you all... and feeling happy to see all of your icons here/familiar.

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #30
Tia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I just cry for a minute?

I checked our bank account last night and it was empty. Nothing. I had to borrow money from my daughter's savings account to avoid overdrafting. I have had so much on my plate, and I've been so anxious, I've been slacking when it comes to being midnful of the finances.

DH has decided it's best if he takes over paying the bills and will give me cash for the things we need. (Groceries and gas and such.)

I feel like a complete failure as a wife and mother. How could I let that happen? We still haven't paid the midwives in full and we're running out of time. I feel so sick to my stomach and my anxiety is getting worse each day.

I feel like I'm being selfish for wanting the homebirth. Its a lot of money that we don't have right now. I feel selfish for going to the chiropractor every 10 days. It costs me $40 a visit. More money we don't have. My daughter can't even start preschool now. We just can't afford to pay $75 a week unless I get a job, and who's going to hire me?

I can't talk to anyone in my real life. Everyone thinks we're rich. We are not. My husband works so hard to support us and I let the account run dry. And, I haven't even purchased anything big. We've cut down majorly on things we used to splurge on.

We're going to take a look today and see if there is any unexpalined charges, but I don't think there will be. I just stopped keeping track of what money was coming out.

I guess I just need hugs.
and born at home Alaina Jean 8.21.2010 7lbs11oz, 20"
Surro twins- 1.6.2013- 37 weeks, born vaginally
5lb11oz and 4lb8oz
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote