Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
Hope75
Registered Users

Anyone have a BumGenius Diaper Sprayer that leaks?

OK so after almost 3 months of waiting (from FG) I finally got my BG diaper sprayer, and I assembled it as instructed ( and yes, there is a black rubber ring inside the attachment to the toilet tank) and it leaks!! What gives??? I screwed that darn thing in as tight as it will go and it still leaks. I'm so disappointed! I've been waiting forever for this and it I can't use it!! Anyone else having this problem??

Advertisement

Hope75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Chelyeah
Registered Users

Re: Anyone have a BumGenius Diaper Sprayer that leaks?

So where exactly is it leaking from? Where the sprayer connects to the hose? Or where the hose connects to the tank? Might sound weird, but you may have it TOO tight. The little rubber gaskets can tear if tightened too much, or they can break down just from age. It's probably going to be a pain in the butt, but I would suggest taking it apart, checking all the pieces and fittings, and starting over. I had to have a maintenance man come in to hook up our sprayer because the fittings for our toilet were so old, I could not get them unscrewed, no matter how hard I tried. He had to put on new fittings, and then it worked like a charm. Good luck
Chelyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
joeymomrn
Registered Users

My Mood:

only very seldom will some drops of water come out after I turn the dial off......otherwise, no, we haven't had any problems. Ours works fine. I would tell the company you got it from. Being that they are a big pricey, I would try and get another one because they shouldn't do that.

Jeanine Catholic, wife to dh (4-28-07), semi-nonvaccing, NFP, home schooler, mommy to J (9-12-08) B (12-9-11) and due 4-28-13 with #3
joeymomrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
amylp123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband hooked ours up, so I'm not sure about the fittings. I haven't really gotten to use it much since our baby is taking her sweet time coming out! I have tried it out, just turned it on to see how it works and haven't had any leaks. My husband did tell me that after I turn the pressure handle thing to "off", I have to spray the sprayer into the toilet to release any pressure left in the line, or it could leak. Could that be your problem?
amylp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
Hope75
Registered Users

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your responses. I guess I should have been more clear, it is leaking where you hook it up to the tank itself. It is brand new, arrived just today. I checked all the parts and everything seems to be fine, the rubber gasket it not torn or anything.

I tried it at various levels of tightness and it still leaked. When I hooked the hose from my toilet back on after the sprayer leaked I had to put that one really tight so it wouldn't leak but no matter how tight I hooked the diaper sprayer on it still leaked!

I did notice that the gaskets on the water hose for the toilet and the diaper sprayer are different though, the sprayer's is just flat and the hose that goes to the toilet just regular is turned up and inward so it has a really tight fit. I wonder if that is the problem.

Ugh. I'll have DH look at it tomorrow since he is going to be late tonight coming home.
Hope75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
HotSalsaMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just got mine today and am having the same problem. I see you posted this in January, can you tell me what you did to fix it??
Thanks!!
HotSalsaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
brianadl
Registered Users

I am having the same problem except it leaks where the hose from the wall attaches. I have taken it apart 3 times and put it all back together. I have attached it loose and tight and it still leaks from the water hose attaching to the sprayer adapter. When I remove the sprayer adapter and hook the hose back up to the toilet, no leaks at all. Something is not working with this and I agree... too expensive to not work. Any suggestions?
brianadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine only will leak a little after use, other than that no issues! And I LOVE it! I'll have to try the tip of spraying it again after turning it off...that could be my problem! Hope you ladies get it figured out!
lauren_brooke is offline   Reply With Quote