Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back pain already?

With both of my pregnancies with the boys, I dealt with a lot of back pain! I kept saying that I would get a support belt, but I never did! I'm so mad at myself because there was nothing stopping me; I was just stubborn. Also, with my first, I had sciatica and after him, pubis symphysis. I was just all outta whack! Even bony pain in "my nethers" where the pelvic bones meet! Ouch!

Well, ladies, I finally got one and I LOVE IT!! I got the Motherhood Ultimate Support belt that has straps to adjust for upper, middle, and lower back suports. This thing is awesome! I don't know about you guys but I feel like I'm dragging my butt behind and sticking my stomach out. I have a constant ache over the entire lower section of my back! It's unbearable sometimes! All of the "lugging" around makes me slouch and huuhh.... just a hot mess! Well not anymore! It is fabulous! I wish I bought it waaaay sooner!

I just wanted to share this with yall! Hopefully, I motivated some of you who like me feel like they're indestructible and they can "get through anything"! By all means, get to your closest Motherhood and try one on! They carry 3 different kinds!

(Just FYI, I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow! YAY!)

Advertisement

DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Re: Back pain already?

I'm so glad you posted this - I have been thinking about buying one of these for a few weeks now. When you went into the store, did they help you figure out what size to buy? Is it noticeable under your clothes?
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh you've got to go in there and try one out! I'm sure they may not be for everyone but if you get back pain bad enough like me, they are a godsend! Yeah the salesgirl opened packages for me to try. They have sizes based on your pre-pregnancy weight in small, medium, and large. The belt is velcro so you can make it as tight or as loose as you need it to be. Then, you use the straps on the back to adjust support. This is the one I bought! And nope! You can't see it at all underneath your clothes! I put it over the stretchy-belly part of my secret fit stuff but under my shirts. Around the house, I just wear it over my clothes. Not sure how it feels directly on my skin though; just afraid it'd be itchy. I'm sensitive!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
JamieJLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is it very hot? I already feel like my skin is too hot to be wearing right now, and I'm so afraid that a support belt will make me so sweaty that it won't be worth it.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
LisaAnne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Jamie-I got a "custom fit" one from physical therapy (I don't know if you remember that one mw I saw insisted that I saw p/t instead of a chiro-that lasted 1 time). It fits great, but isn't very comfortable. It is hot and it is tight so to me it is triply uncomfortable when its already hot or muggy out. I have worn it literally 2-3 times in the 9 weeks I have had it when my back pain is really, really bad and I can't just sit down and put my feet up, but overall it isn't worth it to me.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:39 AM   #6
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm...I haven't found mine to be hot at all! It's not big enough IMO. To each his own! If you're in the area and wanna try one out, go for it! But, really, when those hormonal heat waves come over me, even my own skin it too hot! So I know exactly what you're saying!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
Krianca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh thank you!!! My back is killing me, and this is my first pregnancy, so I just chalked it up to "well... this is what happens.. lol".

I've been laying down and moving around a lot, but I really am going to go mad if I have back pain until September.
Krianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I would be bugged by it more than it would help. Thankfully chiro has been keeping the majority of my aches and pains away.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:03 AM   #9
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Girrrl if I didn't have my 2 other kids and my husband had a more flexible schedule, I would be in chiro!! For sure! But it's just such a hassle trying to find someone to watch my kids for appointments! And yes, my kids come to my OB visits! I'm that mom...I gotta do what I gotta do...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:08 AM   #10
LisaAnne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kendra-My midwife actually told me at my first appointment that my son was welcome at ALL of my prenatals, but that I needed to find someone to watch him for the first half of my 20 week u/s so they could be sure to get all the measurements, look at the markers they needed to, etc, then he was welcome to come in to look at the baby. The kids will be 25 months apart, so he is definitely still a toddler who doesn't always listen well, but I haven't ever been made to feel that I am "that mom."

Also, I found a chiro who has specialties in both prenatal and children's chiropractic. They have really nice kids play room with a huge fish tank built into the wall, so again, I am able to take my son with me. He is kind of a terror there, mostly because he would rather explore than play most of the time, but they are really good about it. They offered before I even started going there when I was talking to them that the receptionist would keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get into TOO much trouble!