Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
Black Tree Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: theprettyredhead
seller

Re: nusing bras- what are you buying?

I have hated every nursing bra I tried.

My favorite is the cami tanks, with the built in bra. I wear one under everything. Slip the strap off my shoulder, out comes the boob. Over shirt comes up, tank keeps me covered, baby nurses. No muss, no fuss, easy peasy.

Advertisement

Black Tree Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rei, those are the ones I used to wear!! I thought they went out of biz!! I never bought them on that site tho- do they have them in the store too? they are cotton lycra right? so comfy!!
I hate underwire. I have a big rib cage so it cuts in.

I looked at target bras but ew, they look uncomfy. the tanks are a great deal but the flap looks too thin and I know I would leak right thru that.
I need something that fits pretty well over my nips or I leak terribly.
I had more bras but over the yrs they got smaller w shrinking, or fell apart from daily use. a few got borrowed out and never returned of course those were my favorites.

thanks for all the ideas. I need to go check walmart. in store right?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #13
carazoe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

IMHO, they are a waste of money. I love nursing tanks b/c they keep your stomach covered. I have several nursing bras, and while they are comfy, they just cant compare to the nursing tanks for practicality. Plus the tanks are like $15 a piece from target and keep your tummy in check.
Wife to Reed, &, select & delayed-vaxing, babywearing, non-circ'ing, co-sleeping Mommy to Gabriel (June 3, 2010), Stepmom to Dagan(11) Expecting baby #2 in MARCH
carazoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:

I wish I liked tanks. They look so comfy. I have this weird thing (this is going to sound so nutty) where I cannot STAND my boobs to touch my belly. If the underside/skin of my boobs at all comes in contact with the skin of my belly area, it drives me absolutely insane. The only way I can "fix" that is to wear a bra 24/7. I've tried nursing tanks but they doesn't hold my boobs UP enough so that they're not touching my belly. I probably sound insane.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #15
AmandaRenee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just bought my first three, and I LOVE these. They are SO comfortable. They are a little on the thin side, but since it's summer I find I don't need to worry about that particular problem right now. I also got this one, and it was too small. It's also a bit bulky in the front, but easy to get in to and more supportive than the other two.

I have a gift card for Motherhood that I plan on using for some nursing bras before too long. But these WalMart ones are working out a lot better than I expected! I've been wearing too-small bras for weeks now, and didn't cave into buying more (the 2nd time this pregnancy) until they felt so tight they restricted my breathing after a few hours. I'm glad I finally did!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:58 AM   #16
jfit52
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought 2 new Bravados that were discontinued at herroom.com
http://www.herroom.com/search.aspx

Plus a nursing tank. I also have a nursing tank from my last pg and a few cruddy bras from motherhood that I can wear in a pinch. They're looking a little ratty since I wore them through 2 kids already. I think I will need to buy a new sleep bra though since my other 2 are all stretched out. We'll see after the milk comes in!

I've already been wearing the new bras since I have out grown my everyday bras.

Those walmart ones look comfy.

Last edited by jfit52; 06-24-2010 at 05:59 AM.
jfit52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #17
craftmuffin
Registered Users

I've been wearing them for a few months already, too. I've never really found any that I love, but this time I'm trying Duo brand no-underwire nursing bras from JCPenney. I have 4 and I'm liking them a lot right now. Hopefully, I won't have to re-buy a bigger size! Price was pretty good so long as I had a store coupon.

I'll check out the Target tanks and maybe try one... I love the idea of them, but in the past I've felt like they just don't give me enough support.

Motherhood has some sleeping bras that I love!

Crafty stay-at-home mom to Josie (3), Amelia (2), and another little sister on the way (8/10/10)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** 40
craftmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #18
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochelleS View Post
I wish I liked tanks. They look so comfy. I have this weird thing (this is going to sound so nutty) where I cannot STAND my boobs to touch my belly. If the underside/skin of my boobs at all comes in contact with the skin of my belly area, it drives me absolutely insane. The only way I can "fix" that is to wear a bra 24/7. I've tried nursing tanks but they doesn't hold my boobs UP enough so that they're not touching my belly. I probably sound insane.
I am the EXACT same way!!! I don't have small jugs either so that makes things difficult. but the nursing maternity bras are amazing. they feel like a sports bra but dont give you uniboob.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #19
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm off to go find some bras today... hope I find something good
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #20
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

I'm in the deciding phase. Actaully all my current bras are too small (by a lot) but everytime I have attempted to go bra shopping it's hot in the store and I get frustrated, or they don't make a big enough cup size, and they're super uncomfy. The only slightly good news is my husband will be gone for 7-8 months, so I don't have to feel pretty in whatever I choose just comfortable. Last nursing cycle I feel like I only had two nursing bras and instead bought more nursing tank tops to where under button up shirts, for more nursing convenience. So.. I'll be reading this thread back and forth to get some more suggestions if all else fails I'm just going to go with the nursing tank tops again and only a couple actual nursing bras.

(victoria secret sells nursing bras- but they only go to a DD)

waiting on my milk to come in to figure out what size that puts me at. I'm about a 36/38 F. Hoping I don't gain another cup haha.

Last edited by champatlife; 06-24-2010 at 12:17 PM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote