Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #21
carazoe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: nusing bras- what are you buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochelleS View Post
I wish I liked tanks. They look so comfy. I have this weird thing (this is going to sound so nutty) where I cannot STAND my boobs to touch my belly. If the underside/skin of my boobs at all comes in contact with the skin of my belly area, it drives me absolutely insane. The only way I can "fix" that is to wear a bra 24/7. I've tried nursing tanks but they doesn't hold my boobs UP enough so that they're not touching my belly. I probably sound insane.
I hadn't thought about that. Makes perfect sense. I have to wear a tank to bed b/c otherwise my boobies tend to stick to me even though I dont have HUGE boobs (now that they've dropped a little from breastfeeding, they were awful when i was prego)...

Advertisement

Wife to Reed, &, select & delayed-vaxing, babywearing, non-circ'ing, co-sleeping Mommy to Gabriel (June 3, 2010), Stepmom to Dagan(11) Expecting baby #2 in MARCH
carazoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #22
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found some Barely There bras by hanes today, $14.99 each so I got 5. super comfy and they are NOT nursing bras, just the type you can flap down, with no wire. CUTE colors too. BINGO!!!
I'm so happy cause I can wear them now and after birth, they have a ton of stretch so even if I get 2 cups bigger, they will fit perfect yet.
didn't even look at walmart or Motherhood- but planning to check target for the nursing tanks. I have a $3 OFF COUPON and some are on clearance right now. so for $8 I can try 1 out
Old 06-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
spears_family
Registered Users

My Mood:

Let me know what you think about the Target Nursing Tanks. I was thinking about getting some. I thought they looked pretty comfy and good quality.
Julia :-)

Last edited by spears_family; 06-24-2010 at 03:43 PM.
spears_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #24
spears_family
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochelleS View Post
I wish I liked tanks. They look so comfy. I have this weird thing (this is going to sound so nutty) where I cannot STAND my boobs to touch my belly. If the underside/skin of my boobs at all comes in contact with the skin of my belly area, it drives me absolutely insane. The only way I can "fix" that is to wear a bra 24/7. I've tried nursing tanks but they doesn't hold my boobs UP enough so that they're not touching my belly. I probably sound insane.
I am exactly the same way! I cannot stand that feeling! I thought I was the only one!
spears_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #25
babybubby
Registered Users

I've heard good things about the ones at Motherhood Maternity. The sleep bras at Babies-r-Us are great,too!
babybubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #26
hillybean
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just thought that I would chime in again and let those of you with the boob-to-belly phobia know that you shouldn't have that problem with the nursing tanks from Target.

They have a built in "shelf" that acts as the bra, and then you can unlatch on either side of the strap and pull the tank down to nurse. I hope that makes sense

I'm a little too large up top to wear these tanks by themselves, but I absolutely love them to sleep in and wear around the house. I also had no problem using nursing pads with these tanks.
Hi! I'm Hillary, mama to two beautiful girlies, Avery Lauren 2/15/08, and Carleigh Louise 8/16/10, and wifey to Trav the eternal romantic "There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going" ~Willy Wonka
hillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #27
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillybean View Post
the boob-to-belly phobia
I now have a name for this phenomenon!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #28
carazoe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spears_family View Post
Let me know what you think about the Target Nursing Tanks. I was thinking about getting some. I thought they looked pretty comfy and good quality.
I like them a lot! For the money they are beyond awesome and they are WAY better than the one i got from Motherhood which had some weird mesh crap I keep getting tangled in!!!
Wife to Reed, &, select & delayed-vaxing, babywearing, non-circ'ing, co-sleeping Mommy to Gabriel (June 3, 2010), Stepmom to Dagan(11) Expecting baby #2 in MARCH
carazoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #29
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post
waiting on my milk to come in to figure out what size that puts me at. I'm about a 36/38 F. Hoping I don't gain another cup haha.
Thats why I bought the yes brand nursing and maternity bras. the ones I have are 3+ and they are a size 36-40 D/DD/E So there is a decent amount of growth room.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #30
Elizabeth.U
Registered Users
seller

I've had NO luck so far with nursing bras. I have a hard time finding them anyway (36 DD prepregnancy), and I'm still getting bigger. Ugh! I bought one from Target that I love (sports bra style) and one that I hate - underwire and it pokes me in the armpits. I've looked at motherhood maternity and bought one there but its just not supportive enough. I'll try the earlier ones suggested but I think if you're busty on top regular retail bras are no good! I'd love suggestions from other well-endowed mamas
Elizabeth.U is offline   Reply With Quote