Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pictures of Homeschooling Area

I never thought the dollar store would have stuff like that!
Wow.... so many books! It makes me feel like I should start stocking up now! I suppose homeschooled kids should have plenty of books available to read, huh?
I love the outdoor chalkboard idea!! Whats your blog URL? I'd love to read it for ideas!!

I love all the pictures!! I feel like I am going to need a lot of things!

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a closet full of stuff I got at the dollar store that's not on the walls yet It's good to go there and get stuff starting now because you're not guaranteed to have the stuff there when you need it. I got a few sets of flash cards there as well. They were verbs, nouns, rhymes, and classroom objects. Each set had at least 20 different cards in there and all for a dollar each. Can't beat that price.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #13
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

I'm loving all these pics!

Our schooling area is in the living room right now while our sunroom is waiting to be finished (since, oh, forever ago. ) We got rid of all our livingroom furniture so that the girls could have an open place to play to work. I'll take a picture later but it consist of 2 easels with some tubs and plastic drawers to hold most of everything. We have a card table that gets pulled out if the girls want to work at a table or if we're doing a project that needs the table-top. The girls did have a cheapo Disney Princess table and chair set... but of course it's crap and falling apart. My next big goal is to build them a kid-sized snack table/ school table. I'm still searching for the perfect plans, though.

ETA: And we love the dollar store and $Tree too! I've gotten almost all of my homeschool supplies there. Crafting stuff, flash cards, posters, workbooks, etc. GREAT affordable resource!

Last edited by luvmybaby333; 06-24-2010 at 05:35 PM.
luvmybaby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #14
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89 View Post
Wow.... so many books! It makes me feel like I should start stocking up now! I suppose homeschooled kids should have plenty of books available to read, huh?
I love the outdoor chalkboard idea!! Whats your blog URL? I'd love to read it for ideas!!

I am a book addict, so we have probably far more than we really "need". I think all children should have access to as many books as possible to read. But I was the kid whose mother had to tell her "no more books today" because I would beg for 20+ each time I was taken into a book store. I love garage sales and library sales because I can get so many new books for cheap. Half Price Books is like heaven to me. I just wish I had more places to store them, they take up a lot of room.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #15
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I loveeee Half Priced Books! My DH has to drag me out cause I can spend hours there I have a dollar store and dollar tree right by my house, I should get it out! I never really thought of going there. The dollar tree actually has a lot of stuff.. I remember going there when I was pregnant and stocking up on toiletry items.. Don't ask for some reason when I was almost ready to pop I really believed we'd never be able to get out and get toilet paper.. Last week was the first time I had to buy TP since January I bought so much!! Along with toothpaste, q-tips, paper towels, soaps.. Nesting phase I guess?
Old 06-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
dirtmagnets
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll have to see if I can dig up some old pictures of our area. We have a "school room" in the basement, but our central air went out and we replaced it with window units for now, but didn't think about the humidity until we went in there and discovered that in the course of 3 days, the carpet and the concrete walls had all sprouted mold. Lots of bleach water, a dehumidifier purchase, and an afternoon of pulling out carpet later, all we have left to do to make it usable again is lay new carpet, but I don't know how soon I'll bother. We rarely work down there, anyway - Tyler usually ends up at the dining room table and Ryan prefers to work on the living room floor, so the school room is really a school-storage room that happens to have a handful of posters on the wall.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #17
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89 View Post

those are from my photo blog so its just pics. I have a hs blog but I stink at updating it.
http://educateandrelate.blogspot.com/ excuse the bright layout I was feeling bold when I created the layout LOL

I am not a full time HS'er my girls are in private school they started this past fall so I am just doing preschool-preK and I summer school them.. honestly we are always learning. I will just have 1 home with me next year. I will have one in Kindy, 3rd & 7th grade. I will be starting pre-pre school with dd4. She is almost 20mts and she is really into learning She is already trying to say her Abc's and she counts to 4..I think she is super shinny LOL

my oldest was hs'ed through preschool-5th and dd2 prechool-1st.

I was a PreK teacher before having kids so I really enjoy our new system.

Last edited by Five Green Beans; 06-25-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: fixed link
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am still working on perfecting the HS room and uploading pics. But we really like it! Its a pretty small extra bedroom in our house.

The closet is wide and I put all our toys cubbies in it. Its on one wall.

Then along one wall I have a 5ft folding table and two chairs. On top is the kids "cubbies" with daily supplies and work. In the corner is a shelf with the TV and some "free time" manipulitives in it.

The next wall has the world Map on it and another 5ft table with two chairs. The last wall has a bookshelf, my filing cabnet, and another 4ft old kitchen table for Mom. On this wall are two whiteboards. I'd like to add one more. And another small childs table next to the kitchen table for the little people. We really like using this room.

Pictures coming
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #19
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay I promised Pics!

Here is the school room..

You can see the boys table. My school shelf and filing cabnet. Then the computer table.

Next to the computer table is the preschool table.

The opposite wall from computer table is Natalie and Jadons table. next to them on thier left is the bathroom.

The opposite wall from the boys table and in between the computer table and Natalie's table is the toy closet.

Class pics!

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #20
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Those pictures are sooo darn cute!! I love it!

I love seeing all your homeschooling areas, I would love to see more lol. I love all these ideas I am getting