Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #41
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pictures of Homeschooling Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeintheredbarn View Post
Yep. Over the (17) years we've been homeschooling, we've found that no matter what system we have set up, the kids usually migrate to the dining room table! We do have book shelves and all of our homeschool stuff in another room, but they like to do the bulk of their work at the dining room table and reading on the couch or outside on the trampoline.

And, if they're at the dining room table, it's convenient for me to continue with my tasks and still be available to help them. When school work is done, the kids pick up all their things and put them away, so we can have our table back for dinner. A milk crate works great for this. It's large enough to store their daily school books and supplies and yet easy enough to store in a closet or corner until the next day.

DD 22, DS 20, DD 17, DD 14, DD 11
whew glad I'm not the only one.. we have a school room upstairs but right now it's been trashed b/c we haven't used it all summer (was TOO hot!) so now yes it's dining room table, and the couch. We do lots of reading too.

Shannon I am so drooling over your book collection too!!

Advertisement

Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #42
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifty Kniteez View Post
Here are pictures of ours, its just inour dining room but i just talked to DH today and he said i can make our dining room the classrooma nd our front living(which has nothing in it) our dining room since it is also jsut off the kitchen!! but here are pics!!

Also the chalkboard pics were taken almost a year ago. so it doesnt look that clean anymore. thats just right after we got it painted and the first time the kids got to play on it!!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...98731881&saved
love the wall! We had one like that at our old church over a carpeted room and it had tons of dust.. so I decided not to you are a more fun mom than me!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #43
logansmomma07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the chalkboard wall!!! So is the paint magnetic too?? I would really love to have something like that in the playroom We haven't started hs'ing yet, I don't think we will even have a specific "room". We are out of room! lol!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #44
Kyusswaggernut
Registered Users

I'm still working on ours but right now it's a school/play room. I keep the workbooks in my desk in the foyer and the craft stuff in the closet or the kids would tear in to it!

Here's our alphabet until I can buy one

The sofa for story time

Last edited by Kyusswaggernut; 09-27-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Kyusswaggernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #45
3NavyBabies
Registered Users
Formerly: izynalysmomma
seller

So many neat ideas! I had an extra room up until a few months ago (4 bedroom house, oldest 2 are girls and shared). I am a very "a place for everything and everything in it's place" kind of person, so my stuff is all out of sight. I emptied the hall linen closet and it has all of our craft supplies, learning toys, etc. Right now all of our books and text books are in there, but 1 closet is not enough space for all of that. I will be purchasing another bookshelf soon. DH just bought me a new all in one desktop, so that will be go in ODD's room. Password protected, of course. I am already stocking up on new educational software! I really like the large file cabinet and the art display ideas. I just have to figure out where to put them since any kind of "clutter" (sorry, for lack of a better word, my kids' precious art work is not clutter!) makes me a nervous wreck.
3NavyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #46
geocaju
Registered Users

My Mood:

The storage underneath the window is all of our daily work and will eventually be used with the workbox system. The storage boxes to the right of that is all 'fun' toys that aren't used while doing 'school'.

We read on the couch.

The closet holds all of our material/toys/books that aren't in use. It is also where we keep our seasonal/holiday/unit type of things.

My desk where the laptop usually is on (I took the pics straight from the laptop) and to the right of that the printer, tv and keyboard.

Geo - wife to F & mom to Juju 4 and Cami 1.5 and with #3
pet mommy to a dog, a bird and a fish
Loving every minute of being a SAHM

geocaju is offline   Reply With Quote