Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #21
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mixed Emotions after Ultrasound...

Due date crashing from December. One ultrasound said girl, and one said boy. Hmmm...we're doing 3d ultrasounds the end of this month, partially to find out if it's a boy or girl cooking in there. I have one dd, and the idea of having a boy kinda freaks me out. So even though I'm the opposite of you I can relate. I've had time to digest and I'm at peace with whatever bean is coming my way, but like a pp said it's a dream for yourself dying. When I heard girl my first ultrasound I had the name, we bought a few things, we had these images of how are family was growing. So when the next ultrasound changed to being a boy it was like losing something even though obviously we did not. Now I'm educating myself on certain things (cute boy clothes, taking care of a penis...hey, we haven't had any boys since my nephew who is over 13!) and just coming to terms with not knowing for now and loving whoever this little person is that is growing in there.

Advertisement

happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #22
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristicat View Post
I don't understand WHY I feel this way?

It's definitely a girl baby and I was so sure we'd have a boy...

I don't like looking at girl things when I'm shopping. I don't relate well to most females in real life - I'm not the catty, petty, judgmental, perfect type. I prefer boy activities over girl ones. I like pink but my husband hates it so it doesn't help that he would prefer I not buy any pink and there is almost nothing for baby girls that doesn't have pink!

But I still never thought I'd feel so mixed about having a baby girl. I mean, I love our baby - no question. I just... thought she was a boy so I was all prepared for a boy and now I have no idea what to do because its a girl!

I just want to be happy though and I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm having a hard time with this.
I didn't read all the replies, so if I'm saying something that's already been said, sorry.

I have btdt. . . this is the 4th time LOL. I wanted to have a boy each time, thought I was having a boy each time, found out I was having a girl each time and had to go through that adjustment period in my head, adjusting to the idea of having another girl when I thought I was having a boy. I love my girls. I wouldn't trade any of them for a boy, but I'm sure next time I'm pg I'll go through the exact same thing because I've always wanted a boy. IDK why, probably because I have 3 sisters and just wanted to know what it was like to have a boy around. Anyways, I hope you adjust to the idea of having a girl. Oh, and FWIW, I don't like pink AT ALL. But I purple.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #23
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama like others have said, its totally normal! You will love your little one no mattter what. And you know, not all girls have to follow the stereo type of being really girly. I was not a girly girl at all. my dd loves the colour purple instead of pink and loves to wear her dresses while she plays diggers in the dirt pile. No reason to feel bad about your feelings. They are totally normal!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #24
tristicat
Registered Users
seller

Thank you ladies! It's been awhile since I posted this originally. I'm adjusting pretty well I think. It really helped once my husband came home, we picked out a name, and we started decorating her room and just really started bonding with her more. It's been really hard to bond because I've been so sick and my husband wasn't here so I just felt really alone but things are better. I still struggle a little with letting go of that "perfect family" dream of having a couple of boys and THEN a girl but every day it gets a little easier to accept that this is exactly how God meant our family to be.
tristicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #25
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh and it is so nice having an oldest girl (not that I know what an oldest boy is like, JMO). Addy is like a little mommy. She loves to help with the littler ones and loves to "teach" them what she learns at school, etc. I'm not saying a boy wouldn't do the same thing because I really don't know, but I don't think I could have picked a better oldest sibling for my youguns