Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #11
chrisandjames
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: At what age did you go to toddler bed?

Christopher was in a toddler bed at 15 months, and we just moved him last month (19 months) to a twin bed.

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #12
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would think it is time to move on I wouldnt chance that again!! SOunds pretty scary for a little guy
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #13
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS2 will probably be 2.5-3 before we get him his own bed. Right now he's 20 months and still nurses so cosleeping just makes more sense.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

we put my son in the toddler bed when danae was born, he was 2, his crib converts and it is pretty high, he fell off two times and i felt awful, we put a bunch of pillows on the floor for him, he learned how to stay on and was fine, once danae went into the crib about 1 years old, we got hima new toddler bed, the little tikes race car, and i must say, it is alot lower and he has never fallen out of it
all kids are ready at different times, your supposed to move them once they start climbing out of there bed, or in your case, getting tangled in the bars, goodluck and try out a toddler bed and see how it goes, if anything you can always go back to the crib if need be
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My older dd is 28mos. She is still in her crib and is happy there. She doesn't really try to climb out, although it is a really deep crib (Ikea). I think we'll switch her when she's closer to potty learning. My nephew switched at 3 (when his brother was born) into a twin with rails.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our first was 15mo due to moving and preparing for #2. And he did awesome. DS#2 was 16-18mo (I would really have to strain my brain to figure out which one) But again, it was easy peesy!

Sarahb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #17
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't remember how old she was, but we switched DD after her second incident getting stuck. She is the type that thinks she can "get out herself" when she gets stuck so she doesn't call out until she is in PAIN and DH and I didn't want her to get to that point anymore. It was really scary when she got stuck. Her leg was numb by the time she called out. I was worried she wasn't old enough and wouldn't stay in bed, but she does and now I don't have to worry about her getting hurt.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #18
aprilwood11
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cant remember exactly when, but at around 2 yo we switched her into a twin
Old 02-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #19
cyncyn
Registered Users

My dd moved to a twin bed (futon on a flat frame) at about 18 months. It had always been in her room, and she just told us one day "my bed" and has slept there ever since. I used some foam bolsters around the edges for a year or so, but it is only about 6" off the ground so not far to fall.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #20
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sofia just moved to a toddler bed in December (23mos). SHe was definately ready for it. SHe never climbed out of her crib but LOVED her sisters twin beds so we figured we'd give it a try since we had a toddler bed in her room waiting for her anyway.

Julia went straight into a twin when she was 2.5yrs. Hannah tried a toddler bed & HATED it (at 21mos) so we got her a single bed (was my aunts & really close to the ground like a toddler bed, but softer & long as a twin).
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote