Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #1
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
anyone else looking at double strollers?

DD wont be big enough to walk all the time when babe arrives & while I love babywearing I still want the stroller option.

If you are also looking at doubles what do you like & why?

Or do you have a double that you love/hate?

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone else looking at double strollers?

I have the baby trend double jogger...and personally love it. Only thing that sucks is its kinda wide but I can still get around just fine when shopping at the mall.
I love that the kids sit side by side rather then front/back and I can keep an eye easily on both of them. Cannot attach an infant car seat carrier to it tho.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....eeEnabled=true

I started using it when my DS was 3 months old...I just put a head rest in it and away we went. It's easy to push, has lots of storage and is just overall an awesome stroller...and there is an MP3 attachement for your ipod I didn't find the price bad either.

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way

Last edited by alishamommy; 06-25-2010 at 07:03 AM.
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh likes the Kolcraft contours options double. IMO it's heavy though, and I'm trying to talk him into the Baby Trend sit n stand double instead. My DS doesn't really like the stroller anymore but he's really not big enough to walk all the time (if we go to the zoo or somewhere like that) so I think this is a good compromise and he might actually like the "big boy" seat . I already purchased this double jogger too, but that's just for me when I want to go running

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
ojessesue
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I found a Peg Perego double on craigslist for a great price so I went ahead and picked it up. It's also a side-by-side, which I like better. I've tried already with my little guy and his cousin. It's lightweight and easy to fold up, plust it has a nice big basket. I also have a Combi single and would've gladly snatched up a double if I'd found one for a good price. Also lightweight and easy to fold. I like not having all of the bulk but still having the options of a big stroller (storage space, reclining seats, etc).
Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have been looking into double strollers since I found out I was pg. I talked to people that I know that have doubles to find out what they liked and disliked about them. I settled on this one:

http://www.babytrend.com/sit_n_stand...e/SS76045.html

I am getting the Double model vs the Deluxe. DS is a big boy and needs more room for himself and the Double has that. He is a bit on the wild side and needs to be contained when we are out and about. Plus when we are out for an entire day which is normal for us on the weekends, he can't walk that long and still naps in the stroller so we need a recline feature for him. I require a decent sized basket underneath, parent trays and snack trays for the kids. Once DS is older he can use the Sit n Stand platform vs the seat in the back. I prefer the front to back vs the side by side since when we are out shopping I need to be able to get in between racks and rows without running other people over. When this new baby is little it will be worn a lot when out and we can use the extra space in the stroller to carry bags and such. But after a while I can't wear the kids because of a severe back injury from a car accident. DS once in a while still rides in the sling when he's being clingy but I can't tolerate it for long before my back starts to spasm.

MIL and FIL have volunteered to buy us our stroller too! That was a shocker since they don't normally spend anything on any of their grandkids. I'm jumping on that and getting it ordered before she changes her mind.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have decided to get the brown and green babytrend sit and stand. there is no way sierra will sit for very long in a stroller so this will be way better! i would also love a double side by side jogger for longer walks.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
Riley-Madison
Banned

My Mood:

I dont know the name but i saw a really nice one that was a single stroller w/ a doubles "attachemnt" right above the basket in the back. awesome. I want one...bad. but Im sure they are going to be too expensive...
Riley-Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

my husband and I started looking at double strollers when we found out we were expecting again. My youngest will be 18mons old when the new baby is born AND we have a 4yr old so we figured we def. needed one!

I have found two I like, but the one Jeep brand is the one we chose. Its height adjuster handle is needed as my husband is 6'5. I am hoping its as nice when we get it as it seems!

Heres the link to both:
Jeep
BabyTrend
.sweetdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a double before a trip to Disneyland with the other 2...I specifically picked one that had super heavy-duty large tires since I live a dirt road in the mountains. I tried and failed taking the average strollers on walks up here so I had to pick one that was practically industrial...My stroller probably won't help you, but I would suggest a side-by-side for kids sake...just make sure the front wheel pivots so you can maneuver it in tight spaces...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojessesue View Post
I found a Peg Perego double on craigslist for a great price so I went ahead and picked it up. It's also a side-by-side, which I like better. I've tried already with my little guy and his cousin. It's lightweight and easy to fold up, plust it has a nice big basket. I also have a Combi single and would've gladly snatched up a double if I'd found one for a good price. Also lightweight and easy to fold. I like not having all of the bulk but still having the options of a big stroller (storage space, reclining seats, etc).
This is the one my SIL had for her twins. I had the Combi twin side by side. I liked that one.. But it felt cheap after awhile... I also had the greco twin stroller.. I HATED leading my babies out into the street before i could see the traffic. We got rid of it just for that reason. We also had a jogger with a swivel wheel.. It was just too big and bulky to take to the mall.