Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone else looking at double strollers?

My parents are visiting & I mentioned that all I really needed for this babe was a double stroller & they offered to buy us one

So, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to ask them to get us a maclaren twin triumph . It seems like it will really fit our needs. We wont be using it until babe is 4-5m old (VT winters + strollers = doesn't work so well) so we wont need to be able to put a car seat on it.

we need
-light weight
-side by side
-easily foldable
-durable
-compact when folded

we already have a single maclaren & really like it. I also like that they hold their resale value

now what color to get

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
INDIEMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley-Madison View Post
I dont know the name but i saw a really nice one that was a single stroller w/ a doubles "attachemnt" right above the basket in the back. awesome. I want one...bad. but Im sure they are going to be too expensive...
We have one of those (a Phil and Ted) and really like it very easy to drive. Got a great deal on it used ($100) I don't use strollers regularly but its been nice for our nightly walks. My DD (18months) is really into "ride" lately and man its hot to wear... but she really didn't ride in a stroller till after a year so I think she thinks its fun now.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
athlete85
Registered Users

we looked at many before we bought one after my son was born. We got a double sit and stand like alot of the ladies on here have mentioned.But ours only had the attachment for 1 carseat instead of 2. But it did have the 2 reclining seat and 1 can be removed to be a regular sit and stand. And the front and back seats have the canopy. We love it. It's not very heavy, folds easy with 1 hand, and maneuvers just about anywhere.
We also bought a double side by side jogging stroller a while back because it was an awesome price at a resale shop. It was $40. I absolutely hate that thing. The canopy doesn't seem to come for enough up, It does have a reclining feature, but it's difficult to adjust, and the front wheel doesn't pivot. It works than the sit and stand if we're doing the fair or a festival where we don't have a paved walkway to walk on, but otherwise, i prefer the sit and stand. And the double jogging stroller is extremely hard to steer especially as the kids get heavier.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #14
karaintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here are a couple that we have been looking at:

Kolcraft Contours Double

Phil + Ted Double
But yikes on the P+T stroller. I have been combing CL and missed on last week that was for sale for 150.00!!

We def need one as Stella is only going to be 22 mos when Betsy comes.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #15
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like that the front back doubles, but DD likes to see & got pretty mad the one time I tried to put her in the back of one.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #16
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is the one I plan on buying

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...refix=bob+doub

I absolutely LOVE my Bob running stroller. It goes through any terrain and works great for running. I like the fact that I can run in rain and snow with the weather guard on (provided it is not too cold). They are pricey but awesome stroller.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #17
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows View Post
This is the one I plan on buying

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...refix=bob+doub

I absolutely LOVE my Bob running stroller. It goes through any terrain and works great for running. I like the fact that I can run in rain and snow with the weather guard on (provided it is not too cold). They are pricey but awesome stroller.
We have a single Bob & LOVE it! But I have 2 friends w/ the double & it's a bit too bulky & wide for what I need.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #18
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

i know you have already decided, but i have to just say, a word to the wise: if you take your kids shopping, then i would suggest putting 2 kids IN the strolller (we borrowed our niecce and nephew) andtrying to manuever through the store in the stroller you are wnating to buy..we did this in babys r us in the clothes area....real eye opener for going through tight spots.also, some side by sides are too wide to fit through a door.

we bought a graco quattro tour...i LOVE IT!! i especially LOVE the handles! I don't have very good wrists, and the handles on this strolller make it so that i can push it all day long! every other stroller that we tried when we had kids in it made my wrists ache after just a few turns around the store. Both seats recline, both have canopies, under the carriage storage large enough to hold a 6 pack cooler and diaper bag, and snack trays for both kids and parents!! it goes on gravel and grass like a dream!

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #19
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

oops

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)

Last edited by howmanykids; 06-28-2010 at 04:18 PM.
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #20
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howmanykids View Post
i know you have already decided, but i have to just say, a word to the wise: if you take your kids shopping, then i would suggest putting 2 kids IN the strolller (we borrowed our niecce and nephew) andtrying to manuever through the store in the stroller you are wnating to buy..we did this in babys r us in the clothes area....real eye opener for going through tight spots.also, some side by sides are too wide to fit through a door.

we bought a graco quattro tour...i LOVE IT!! i especially LOVE the handles! I don't have very good wrists, and the handles on this strolller make it so that i can push it all day long! every other stroller that we tried when we had kids in it made my wrists ache after just a few turns around the store. Both seats recline, both have canopies, under the carriage storage large enough to hold a 6 pack cooler and diaper bag, and snack trays for both kids and parents!! it goes on gravel and grass like a dream!
ITA about shopping with strollers. I have a side-by-side jogger for outdoor walks/running/trails/grassy terrain/beach etc, but I am getting a tandem or sit n stand for other daily trips (like shopping)

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote