Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
~~~ Daily Chat Thread: Friday, June 25 ~~~

GM everyone! I hope you all had a good night's sleep. . . because I didn't LOL. I went to bed at 2:30 and Izzy decided to use me as a pacci at 3:30 and from then until we "woke up" at 8:30. So let's just say the quality of sleep left much to be desired.

So I'm up now, making blueberry pancakes so I can finish cleaning the downstairs, get the kiddos washed and ready to go. We're leaving at 9:30 to go to Rebekka's to hang out for a while and won't be back until right before BIL gets here with his friend, so its gotta be cleaned before we go. But man am I pooped. If I didn't have BIL coming over tonight, I would just sleep until time to go so I guess its good he's coming over. . .

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ~~~ Daily Chat Thread: Friday, June 25 ~~~

Christina - I slept horrible too. Kept tossing and turning. Then my DD decided she didn't want to sleep. I feel like a zombie today. Glad its Friday!

sorry that I didn't get back on here yesterday. The hospital was backed up with the ultrasounds so I had to sit for an extra hour feeling like I was gonna explode. Was worth the wait tho. I was so surprised it was a boy! :P Thought for sure we were having a girl.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm going to do some laundry.

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Add me to the no sleep list. Between MS, leg cramps and DH I couldn't sleep. I get to go to the Dr this week since we had to reschedule last week with him in a delivery. I just hate having to take DD with me. She is well behaved, but doesn't like it when someone might be "hurting" mommy. IE my blood pressure, measuring my fundal height, using the doppler. Going out to see my mommy, trying to get the food ordered for DH's surprise birthday party. I hope I don't ruin the surprise by Monday. He is turning 30 and threw a little tantrum that his birthday is never made special. He thought he would plan his own party, but never did. So hopefully it works out.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Christina, sorry you're a human pacifier!!
Alisha, congrats on the boy. I too have a girl feeling, but am still hoping for boy!!
Tiffany, I hope the day's plans go over without a hitch. Party planning can be stressful.

I didn't sleep good either. DH woke up at 330 to use the bathroom and I woke up.....stayed up. My mind wouldn't shut off.....I hate that. Finally back to sleep sometime in the 5 o'clock hour, but DH's alarm went off at 630.

I don't want to do anything all day long. In-laws are taking Bray tonight, but DH has to go to work tomorrow...all day...............so I'll most of the day to myself.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

So far this morning has sucked I went to the dr I lost 3 lbs so they complained that I am loosing weight instead of gaining. My BP was good but then I see the dr and she listens to baby's heartbeat and proceeds to tell me that "since I am extremely obese I need to have my sugar test TODAY" I said no I wasn't taking it today I didn't have the time. She then gets snotty with me and says "you need to be here tomorrow at 8 AM" I laughed at her I said I would be coming on the weekend that is the only time I see my DH. She then told me "you have to have it done before the end of next week. If something is wrong because you are so over weight we need to catch it now. Then if nothing is right now we will have the test done again in 8 weeks to check again" Am I crazy for thinking this is crap????? This is baby number 5 I have never had GD I have always taken the test at 29 weeks I don't want to take it now and again in 8 weeks!!!! I tried to talk to my DH about it and he got mad at me for calling so I cried the whole way home I really hope my day gets better

Sorry you ladies are not sleeping good
Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
Kealii
Registered Users

Christina - Sorry you didn't sleep well...

Alisha - congrats on the ultrasound!!

Tiffany - sorry you didn't get sleep either, hope your appt goes well!

Cecili - sorry about the sleep to you too, hate the mind shut off thing!

Kathleen - Sorry about the Dr's appt, hope you feel better, I've lost some weight too or just haven't gained any so I hope at my next appt I don't catch flak for it.

AFM - our internet has been very flaky lately so I'll prolly be in and out for a while. I slept okay, just had WEIRD dreams, not unusual for me though. DH has worked the past two nights and hasn't even been here to read to DD before bed so I'm hoping he is tonight, I've been video-taping him reading books to her every night to play at night during the deployment. Last one, he taped 5, repeat 5!! books for her and I played AT LEAST one every night the entire year, needless to say, I got sick of those 5 books very quickly and vowed it wouldn't happen the next time, LOL. I think having her watch him every night really helped though, because he left when she was 7 months and didn't get back on R&R until she was 17 months and he was holding her within the first 5 min without her squirming or screaming so with that and pictures and other videos of them playing and hopefully skype, this lo will know hos/her daddy too when he comes home. I need to make a list of the books he's already done so we don't have repeats... hehe. Hope all you ladies that didn't sleep get a nap today!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

Oh but on a good note I finished another pair of longies I started yesterday I am getting ready to cast on another pair lol. I have a question though how many pair of NB longies do you have/need? All my kiddos have been 8lbs but Madeline who was 4 weeks early she was 7. They seem to stay pretty small for about 2 months. They have all been able to wear preemie pf's for about 4 months too so would you knit how many??? lol
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
GM everyone! I hope you all had a good night's sleep. . . because I didn't LOL. I went to bed at 2:30 and Izzy decided to use me as a pacci at 3:30 and from then until we "woke up" at 8:30. So let's just say the quality of sleep left much to be desired.

So I'm up now, making blueberry pancakes so I can finish cleaning the downstairs, get the kiddos washed and ready to go. We're leaving at 9:30 to go to Rebekka's to hang out for a while and won't be back until right before BIL gets here with his friend, so its gotta be cleaned before we go. But man am I pooped. If I didn't have BIL coming over tonight, I would just sleep until time to go so I guess its good he's coming over. . .
MMMMMM blueberry pancakes sound like Heaven! UGH! So glad DS quit nursing when he did as I would not like to be a human pacifier. I got so lucky with him and bfing that I dread this new baby. DS stopped any and all night time nursing at 4 months. I loved him so much for that! By 18 months he only nursed in the morning at before bed. Then he just quit all together on his own. I doubt I'll get that lucky again. I had hoped to make it to 2 yrs bfing but he had other plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishamommy View Post
Christina - I slept horrible too. Kept tossing and turning. Then my DD decided she didn't want to sleep. I feel like a zombie today. Glad its Friday!

sorry that I didn't get back on here yesterday. The hospital was backed up with the ultrasounds so I had to sit for an extra hour feeling like I was gonna explode. Was worth the wait tho. I was so surprised it was a boy! :P Thought for sure we were having a girl.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm going to do some laundry.
That is my biggest fear for my u/s Monday. The thought of sitting there with a bulging bladder and having to wait past my appt time scares me. Anytime my bladder is only half full now the baby must not like it because it starts dancing on it. My old OB I had for DS only did 2 u/s on me. One at 20 wks and one at 36 to confirm that he was finally head down. I never had to have a full bladder for them. So I asked the tech who did my u/s at 12 wks this time about that and she said they need a full bladder to measure the cervix and make sure it's not thinning or dialating. I didn't know that. Once she got those measurements she let me potty before continuing the rest of the scan. I really liked her and and hope I get her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
Add me to the no sleep list. Between MS, leg cramps and DH I couldn't sleep. I get to go to the Dr this week since we had to reschedule last week with him in a delivery. I just hate having to take DD with me. She is well behaved, but doesn't like it when someone might be "hurting" mommy. IE my blood pressure, measuring my fundal height, using the doppler. Going out to see my mommy, trying to get the food ordered for DH's surprise birthday party. I hope I don't ruin the surprise by Monday. He is turning 30 and threw a little tantrum that his birthday is never made special. He thought he would plan his own party, but never did. So hopefully it works out.
When is your appt? I hope DD is an angel for you! Is DH's party on Monday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Christina, sorry you're a human pacifier!!
Alisha, congrats on the boy. I too have a girl feeling, but am still hoping for boy!!
Tiffany, I hope the day's plans go over without a hitch. Party planning can be stressful.

I didn't sleep good either. DH woke up at 330 to use the bathroom and I woke up.....stayed up. My mind wouldn't shut off.....I hate that. Finally back to sleep sometime in the 5 o'clock hour, but DH's alarm went off at 630.

I don't want to do anything all day long. In-laws are taking Bray tonight, but DH has to go to work tomorrow...all day...............so I'll most of the day to myself.
A day to yourself???? Please make sure to tell me what that's like! I haven't had one of those for a very long, long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeLover View Post
So far this morning has sucked I went to the dr I lost 3 lbs so they complained that I am loosing weight instead of gaining. My BP was good but then I see the dr and she listens to baby's heartbeat and proceeds to tell me that "since I am extremely obese I need to have my sugar test TODAY" I said no I wasn't taking it today I didn't have the time. She then gets snotty with me and says "you need to be here tomorrow at 8 AM" I laughed at her I said I would be coming on the weekend that is the only time I see my DH. She then told me "you have to have it done before the end of next week. If something is wrong because you are so over weight we need to catch it now. Then if nothing is right now we will have the test done again in 8 weeks to check again" Am I crazy for thinking this is crap????? This is baby number 5 I have never had GD I have always taken the test at 29 weeks I don't want to take it now and again in 8 weeks!!!! I tried to talk to my DH about it and he got mad at me for calling so I cried the whole way home I really hope my day gets better

Sorry you ladies are not sleeping good
UGH! I do not like your Dr at all! I wouldn't do well as her patient. I am very vocal and would have told her where to shove her stethescope! I am very overweight and not once has one of my m/w said anything to me about my weight this go around and my OB last pg never said anything either. I had the normal sugar test done at the normal time last pg and did do one at 12 wks this time for the m/w with my other labs just because of my age not my weight. I'm sorry your day had to start out like that!

Well, I finally it 20 wks today! So halfway done baking the bean now! I haven't slept good all week myself. I am up 3 times a night going potty. We had severe thunderstorms that woke me up 2X this week and DH gets up at 3:30 or 4:30 most mornings and has to reset his alarm 3X. DS has slept in his bed all week except for once. So I told DH that he was going to die the next time his alarm went off and he didn't get up and get out! So this morning he must have taken that to heart because he got right up and out of the bedroom when the alarm went off. Smart move on his part.

Off to do some real work for the day. The boss is gone all day so once I finish what I need to I can play online the rest of the day.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Good Morning ladies!
Put me down for another in the crappy sleep club!! I fell asleep on DSs bed till 2:30 am when DH got home form DJing all drunk. Then i couldnt fall asleep for at least 2 hours and had aweful dreams all night about fighting with DH, him smoking crack with some chick and cheating on me..again. i had a cheating on me dram last night too. and i was hitting him in the face. I told him it was over and i was filing for divorce i my dream. i hate these dreams i keep having. it is making my waking life crap cause i cant kick the feelings they leave me with.
Well i am at least getting out of the house today and hitting up some rummage sales with korin. Then its work all night. 4-3am. ugh.

Kathleen~ i would be livid with my Dr too. they made me do that with DS casue i was slightly GD with DD. but nothing i had to worry about. hope its all fine hun!

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I slept okay i guess.. But every little noise is waking me up lately.. I also woke up and stayed up at 530am.

Almost done with the longies for Sandra. They are so cute.. I just have to decide what kind of ruffles..