Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BH Contrax already?

i have the painful ones everyday. i have with every pregnancy though. They can get pretty intense for me but they are never regular.

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

i am getting them all the time too. And have been for weeks! especially working all night! i also get some painfull ones too. ouch.

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #13
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

I read that alot of women have them early on and dont even know because they dont feel it.Some can feel them and experience pain.

I have had them with both of my previous pregnancies and just started getting painful ones a few weeks ago. They were so bad at one piont that I had to stop and breath through them and I got worried. I'll be mentioning it at my appt on the 29th but I am pretty sure that since they stopped,its normal.

Try drinking water and putting your feet up and resting when you get them. It always helps me. They stop after I do that.
.sweetdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #14
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I posted a thread about this awhile ago...I've been having them off and on for more than a month...such a pain...sometimes they hurt sometimes they don't...My little man was cradled in my hips tightly, transverse..He just changed position a couple days ago(not sure if he's head down or not) I still get them but not as bad...I think his position helped...I never really got them with my other 3...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

i usually feel them more when she is in a transverse pos. too. i wonder if that makes a big difference?

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #16
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wonder if the ladies that have them often and are painful have faster births
Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
wonder if the ladies that have them often and are painful have faster births
I hope thats the case lol!

I had them w\ both of my last pregnancies too . My first was over 25hrs of labor, the 2nd was 8hrs of active labor but I was in the first phase of labor for two days! I did have a short time pushing with both though. I only pushed for 20mins with DD#1 (they told me I'd be pushing for over an hr since it was my first and were surprised) & it only took a few pushes with DD#2 before she made an appearance into the world =)

I don't know why some women feel them more than others but I know mine can be pretty darn painful and sometimes worry me. Last night and today I experienced them and they were pretty bad. Plus my one side of my ribs is killing me! (im thinking maybe baby is somehow up in there? )
.sweetdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #18
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My babies all came quick, except my first who started out posterior and turned, but I didn't have them before...So I hope your right cuz my record labor is 4 hours...Myabe this baby will be faster
Old 06-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have sometimes 15 or more a day in the third trimester. my sons labour (induced with one gel application) was just over 4.5hours, i went from 2cm dialation to 10cm in 20 mins. i pushed him out for 20 minutes.

dd labour was also induced with 2 gels(i dont recommend this at all!) she was about 5-6hours. 2cm to 10cm in 15 minutes. nurses didnt believe that i was even in labour even though they started it so they would not give me a room. so she was born in the waiting room! lol pushed out in 3 pushes.

we are home water birthing this time so im kinda hoping that it helps slow things down just a tad. though i get all these early painful contrx, 10days past duedate my cervix was super soft. all those contrax for nothing for me!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonsmom View Post
i have sometimes 15 or more a day in the third trimester. my sons labour (induced with one gel application) was just over 4.5hours, i went from 2cm dialation to 10cm in 20 mins. i pushed him out for 20 minutes.

dd labour was also induced with 2 gels(i dont recommend this at all!) she was about 5-6hours. 2cm to 10cm in 15 minutes. nurses didnt believe that i was even in labour even though they started it so they would not give me a room. so she was born in the waiting room! lol pushed out in 3 pushes.

we are home water birthing this time so im kinda hoping that it helps slow things down just a tad. though i get all these early painful contrx, 10days past duedate my cervix was super soft. all those contrax for nothing for me!
Like we should have to convince them or something...WOW...We're trying a home water birth too...I really am looking forward to labor because of it...I had my first 3 in the hospital and thought mine went quick, but I hold a candle to you...