Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:
6 days postpartum

Ok I am almost 6 days post partum and my milk has been coming in since day 2. For last few days or so when I get let down every 2 or 3 hours (is sporatic, has nothing to do with baby) I will get such pain from it that it stops me in my tracks and reminds me of stopping in my tracks for labor pains. Anyone else experience this? If so for how long till it got better? Any advise? I am in such pain I can't move for a minute or so while experiencing this and I never had this happen to such the extent as I am now. I am engorged too, though that is slowly improving, so maybe it is related?

Advertisement

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
LovemyKK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 6 days postpartum

I'm not sure what it is honey! I remember having bad cramping after delivery that continued for a couple weeks, which is caused by the release of oxytocin (triggers let down, and shrinks your uterus)....so that might be it. You just might be really sensitive to it! Sorry mama...I'm sure it will subside eventually. If it doesn't call your doc and ask. HTH =)
LovemyKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah, it sounds like your uterus is contracting, which is a good thing (although I have heard that it gets more painful with each child). It helps the uterus to return to its original size and also reduces risk of postpartum hemorrhage.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSnewmom View Post
Yeah, it sounds like your uterus is contracting, which is a good thing (although I have heard that it gets more painful with each child). It helps the uterus to return to its original size and also reduces risk of postpartum hemorrhage.
I have 3 children and with the first 2 I never really had that pain when nursing, but with the 3rd child....man, I too had to take deep breathes when she started nursing. It really hurt (for about 3 weeks). I thought, "what on earth?" and called my dr. He said it was normal and the pain varies with each child. I almost didn't want to cont nursing b/c it would hurt so bad. But I kept on...I just reminded myself that this would pass and that breastmilk is the best for her and if I had it she was going to get it. KWIM? It will pass soon...just hang on.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is the pain in your breast or tummy?

If it is breast pain, I had that with let down for about a month or so, I would use my wrists to put pressure on each breast and prsee, that helped them not to just shoot milk and helped with the pain. I would also just have let downs all day for no reason, also got better about 1 month.

Hope that helps. and COngrats on your new LO.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i get the pains as well... (( when let down )) u might have an over supply. i do thats why i doante... Also for me, if i didn't drink a ton of water that day i get it really bad as well. If i keep up on my pumping and drinking water mine goes away. But my doctor told me its due to my over supply and then not drinking enough water... sure enough that worked for me
Old 06-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #7
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yup it is breast let down pain. I never had it before with any of my other kids at all. Uterus contracting painfully I got that with DD2 and this one too, but that is unrelated to this, unfortunately (I have taken no pain meds for that since being home). But technically yes they are related, but not in my case as I am getting the milk let down pains sporatically, not when I am nursing (though occasionally when nursing too).

Anyway today the breast let down pains are still pretty intense but not as frequent and not quite as bad as they have been last couple days or so so I think it is related to being engorged. Since the engorgement is improving I am hoping the pain will go away too (Yes I have tons of milk too!!!!) But I will try to remember to drink more and to possibly apply pressure too. Thanks everyone!!!

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 06-27-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #8
laura_mae99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my baby girl is 6 weeks know.. and i am still getting pain same as u while breastfeeding... even at other times.. (( always let down pain )) but it has gotten better if that helps. My pumping and drinking water totally helps... HOpe that gives ya hope that it does start to get better... ((hugs)) honey
Old 06-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #9
normank79
Registered Users

I was thinking uterus contractions as well. One of my friends has 3 children, and she said those contractions that are connected with lactating get stronger with each child. Hope you feel better soon.
normank79 is offline   Reply With Quote