Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Third Trimester????

I can't believe I'm almost in the third trimester! (Will be as of July 4th)...I just realized this. I kept telling people I was 5 months when all the sudden I realized I am 6. On one hand, I'm so excited to meet Elizabeth and have her in my arms. Also, I'm in extreme pain all the time with my hips, and I'd love for that to be over. But then on the other hand, I just can't believe I'm almost 2/3 of the way through this pregnancy. DH is up in the air about whether he wants a 3rd at all, and it just makes me sad to think how fast this pregnancy is going and that it *could* be my last.

Anyone else in my boat?

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Third Trimester????

TOTALLY in your boat. This is my last pregnancy. And I will be 26 (or 27 depending on what date you go by) on Monday. So Monday by one date I will be in my 3rd trimester or at the latest by the 5th. I'll be allowed to go to 38 weeks by the later date which means I have 12 weeks of the pregnancy left. That's it. 87 days until my c-section date. I'm no where NEAR ready for this.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheli, I was talking to my MIL a couple nights ago. A friend of theirs had twins, almost 20 years ago. She carried them to full term and they were both over 9 lbs!! I dont remember if she delivered vaginally or not. Its the record weight for twins at our hospital!! Thats alot of baby to be carrying! Just thought I'd share... not really relevant at all.

I am VERY much looking forward to holding Duncan!!!! And for this pregnancy to be over. Its not that I'm not enjoying being pregnant, its just not my favorite state of being. I am a stomach sleeper so I am having alot of problems sleeping, waking at 130-2AM EVERY NIGHT to pee, restless legs before going to sleep, tailbone pain, weird side/back muscle aches, worrying about a VBAC vs repeat c, ugh it goes on and on and on!! I just want my baby boy

We havent decided if we want more kids after Duncan. We are going to play it by ear. We've always said we want three and my gut is telling me to have another... I want another girl But, we would have to make a TON of life changes to accommodate a third little one (move etc). I never thought I would love being a mom as much as I do! Before I met DH I didnt even want kids and here I am saying I want three.

Everyone is starting to ask when I'm due, how many other kids we have, if we know what we're having, how old DD is (EVERYONE is shocked that she's only 18 mo ), and when they find out we're having a boy and already have a girl they say "Oh, thats perfect. So you're done after this then." I just laugh and say "We'll see."

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
*Willow*
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
seller

My Mood:

I can't believe our DDC is beginning to enter the 3rd trimester either. This has really went by fast!

I can't say yet how I feel about it. I have been so busy I regret not having much time to focus on this pregnancy like I have my others. I also have my share of late night pee complaints and various normal pregnancy ailments that honestly I really can't see myself feeling eager to go through it all again anytime soon. I keep asking myself if I want to have my tubes tied or not. Our lives are full, I have beautiful children and feel totally happy to not have anymore. There is something so sad about not having that choice later down the road if I go through with the surgery. It's bittersweet and I am still not sure. I just know this one is our last for sure for a long time. We really already have our hands full, and have major life goals and plans (like finishing my nursing education) to meet. I can't imagine having anymore at least for a long long time, especially if she has special needs as well. I think by the time our lives settle down, we probably won't be up for starting that journey all over again ya know. Likely I'll be deciding on surgery. Sad
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok I'm jealous... I want to be 26 weeks...sorry ladies I'm at the far end of our DDC so my 3rd trimester is still 4 weeks away...seems so much further when you guys are rounding the corner...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2

Last edited by Jaxence; 06-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jacque - I'm 22 weeks too, but I still cannot believe how fast this is going! I remember us being excited about the 2nd trimester. I think we all know gender now!

I am not sure if we are having more... we are totally open to it, and I always wanted at least 4 but each pregnancy is getting harder and harder. I've been thinking a lot about waiting until Joel is school age and then perhaps being a foster mommy, I've always wanted to!

I love giving birth though... I think I will be so sad to think of never giving birth again...

Who knows, maybe we will have a few more... I just don't know!
Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Esthersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esthersmommy View Post
Jacque - I'm 22 weeks too, but I still cannot believe how fast this is going! I remember us being excited about the 2nd trimester. I think we all know gender now!

I am not sure if we are having more... we are totally open to it, and I always wanted at least 4 but each pregnancy is getting harder and harder. I've been thinking a lot about waiting until Joel is school age and then perhaps being a foster mommy, I've always wanted to!

I love giving birth though... I think I will be so sad to think of never giving birth again...

Who knows, maybe we will have a few more... I just don't know!
You never know til you're ready to try...People used to ask me how many I wanted and were disgusted that I didn't know..I had a DS then a DD and everyone expected me to be done...When we decided that wasn't quite enough for us it was like telling people I had decided to grow a second head......I always figured I would play it by ear and when it felt right to be done we would just be done...Well we've decided 4 is enough and are both happy with that...It just feels right...
You'll know when you're ready to quit whether it's while you're pregnant or later...no worries mama..right now it's not even worth stressing or worrying about...

Ms Fancy Pants I totally feel your pain...Part of me wants this pregnancy to hurry up and part of me is screaming enjoy it while it lasts...DH plans on having the "surgery" during his 6 weeks of no touching...It's the right number for us, but it's still so confusing about how I want my pregnancy to be...I just can't bring myself to be grateful for the anxious feeling I get when I think about how far away Oct 26 is...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

I can't believe how fast it's going, either. With my anterior placenta I've only *really* been feeling Jaleigh for 2-3 weeks and I don't want it to be over. I love the hiccups, the kicks...everything.

This is most likely (like 99.9% sure) our last pregnancy, too and while I can't wait to hold her (DS is having a FIT for her to be here), I also don't want this to be over. Since I'm doctor-less right now, I'm really nervous about it all. We also decided to deliver in Oklahoma, rather than Texas and that scares me to death because my mom likely won't be here to be with me in the delivery room.

And I don't know what to do with DS since we don't know anyone.

OMW! We can't be coming into the third trimester! I'm not ready!!!!

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
Lovey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Woo Hoo for 3rd trimester!!!!

I'm ready to feel good again, probably won't happen until baby is out though. I just keep thinking about how much easier they are to "take care of" when they are still snuggled up in the belly though
Wife to C (1998) , Mommy to DD#1 (2004), DD#2 (2008) & DD#3 (2010)
Lovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
Lucysmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Willow have you considered a t-guard IUD? I had one in between my first two and it was amazing!! There are no hormones involved and no side effects and they are extremely safe and effective. NE ways just throwing it out there as an alternative to having your tubes tied - this IUD lasts for 10 years! That is a hard choice I think even if you know you are done, the finality of it is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Willow* View Post
I can't believe our DDC is beginning to enter the 3rd trimester either. This has really went by fast!

I can't say yet how I feel about it. I have been so busy I regret not having much time to focus on this pregnancy like I have my others. I also have my share of late night pee complaints and various normal pregnancy ailments that honestly I really can't see myself feeling eager to go through it all again anytime soon. I keep asking myself if I want to have my tubes tied or not. Our lives are full, I have beautiful children and feel totally happy to not have anymore. There is something so sad about not having that choice later down the road if I go through with the surgery. It's bittersweet and I am still not sure. I just know this one is our last for sure for a long time. We really already have our hands full, and have major life goals and plans (like finishing my nursing education) to meet. I can't imagine having anymore at least for a long long time, especially if she has special needs as well. I think by the time our lives settle down, we probably won't be up for starting that journey all over again ya know. Likely I'll be deciding on surgery. Sad