View Poll Results: How often do you lose your temper with dc?
hourly at least- I'm overwhelmed and teetering on the edge! 3 3.85%
daily- sometimes longer, but if I get frustrated- watch out! 22 28.21%
weekly- sometimes I tend to have a shorter temper when worried/upset about something else 41 52.56%
monthly or longer- I've got things under control, and remain cool as a cucumber! 12 15.38%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you lose your temper with dc?

[QUOTE=turtle2who;748817]This will probably sound stupid but the only time I really lose patience with ds is when I am changing a poopy dipe and he decides to flip over and get up. Then I am more likely to "yell" and have to hold him down with my legs so I can get him wiped and covered again. It really p***es me off! It must be the yuck factor.

Do we have the same child?
DS wrestles me during poopy diaper changes to put his hands on his poopy butt! Anyone else have this problem?

Also he is a mean baby- he hits, kicks, and throws toys. I have 7 & 4 year old sons too so ds#3 is probably trying to add to the chaos and noise!

Advertisement

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I said daily, but it's mostly just Dominic, LOL. DH is home during the day and I think at least one of us loses it daily (usually him) so I count that as me for some reason. Doms in a whiney stage, but I try and remind myself that I feel he has more on his plate than a 2 year old should have and not nearly enough attention.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Do you mean how often do I have to give myself a time- out for a minute? Maybe once a day or so. I am not a yeller, though.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #14
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my DS, probably minutely But we've been doing much better So far only once all day!
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I voted daily, i have a horrible temper, this is why i choose not to spank, i'm afraid of what i might do.
my dh does spank when needed but it hardly happens, the kids listen to him more often then they do me, dh says cause they know i won't do anything
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
desicasi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I'm already upset or in a mood then I have no patience at all with poor DD. She's in the stage of when she gets upset or in trouble it becomes a huge thing, its horrible.
desicasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #17
Taowensf
Registered Users
seller

I voted weekly--when I have a migraine, PMS, or more prolonged lack of decent sleep, then my fuse is definitely shorter!
Taowensf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #18
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I voted hourly

I hate it but until something changes, besides medicating mommy, I simply cannot deal with working FT, PT WAHM, and SO being gone 6 weeks at a time. When I am off work, like the kids are sick or whatever and I actually have time to get stuff dona and not rushing around trying to get everything done, it is much better, then it is between daily & weekly, unless I am trying to talk on the phone, for some reason that makes my kids loose their heads
Old 02-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #19
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
I dont know that I lose my temper daily but I definintly get frustrated daily.
It doesn't help that I've been exhausted lately and DD decided to give up naps. Both of us are cranky and we get on each others' nerves more frequently than we used to.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #20
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I voted daily, but it's more than once a day. I think we all contribute to it - from dh, to the kids, to me. Dh doesn't help (much anyway), the boys are incredibly bullheaded and strong willed and...ya know, pushing buttons, testing limits...and I'm very easily frustrated, get terrible - terrible sleep, and have never been very good at dealing with my feelings. I hate this and don't want to pass it on to my children - which I can tell that I already have, but desperately want to change it!!