Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
How to get her to sleep BEFORE she gets this way....

My daughter is almost 18 months and for about the last month she has been going into hysterical screams when she gets tired...she screams and kicks and her screams are so loud and angry that she is almost grunting while screaming. She will scream from anywhere between 10 mins to an hour and a half depending and there is nothing I can do!! She will nurse during it, that will stop her for a bit, but with being pregnant I get so sore I can only let her go for 10 mins max and then I have to take her off and it starts again!!

I think it is because she is tired...but sometimes she will wake up this way so my mom got me thinking that it might be nightmares or night terrors! I just don't know what to do...she sleeps in bed with me and that doesn't make it better, I have tried her bed and my bed...I am trying her bed in my room next...any advice mamas??

Advertisement

riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: How to get her to sleep BEFORE she gets this way....

To you and your DD.. That sounds very difficult for both of you.

Does she take a multivitamin? I would give her lots of b vitamin rich foods. When DS started having nightmares after our car accident, I went to costco and we all gorged ourselves on fresh blueberries for 2 days in a row. That restored our b vitamins and we all slept much better.
Can't hurt, might help.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
riandkymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How to get her to sleep BEFORE she gets this way....

No she isn't on a vitamin, never thought about it! If it might help I am definitely game !

Thanks!
riandkymommy is offline   Reply With Quote