Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Daily Chat Monday June 28th

Morning ladies!

I am back...and so glad to be back in my own bed and in touch with you ladies. I didn't want to post my promised pics on the end of Sunday's thread bc of how late it is...so here they are...

Lor eating ice cream at my favorite place...Brusters!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

A very sneaky pic took by my dh of me eating key lime pie ice cream and in my own happy little world...

[IMG][/IMG]

My $88 of gymbo red balloon loot! Holy good prices batman!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Lor playing outside at our fathers day/family bbq

[IMG][/IMG]

Today is my doula appt. at 2:00 and i am psyched! 3rd trimester in 2 days! Wahoo!!!

Advertisement

~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
jraejohnson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat Monday June 28th

such cute pics rachael! and lor looks just like you!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I knew that baby Monkey was a girl....I would so be getting one of these!!! Look how awesome they are! And she is taking testers!!!!!!!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1016918
Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

jessica-thanks! Funny bc as a baby she was all dh...but she sure is changing into mini me now! lol. My dh has black hair and is super dark skinned.

Mel-love them...debating one for Lor or even a little boy doll for baby michael! But after the damage i did to our bank acct. while in VA..i probably shouldn't. LOL.

AFM-ugh, have to fight insurance on another u/s. They covered the 2 after they found the echo bowel but aren't covering the 20 week one even though i went to labor and delivery 2 days earlier with spotting...ugh. Also got a bill for $340 of the peri/geneticist appt. that it says is uncovered. So tired of blue cross. I am doing nothing today except maybe a walk down to the playground...too tired!
~MY BLOG~

Old 06-28-2010, 05:25 AM   #5
LisaAnne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mel-Very cute dolls!

Rachael-I am glad you're back-I missed you! I love your pics. That is quite the Gymboree haul. You're making me wonder if I need to head down to the Gymboree outlet by me soon! It looks like Lor had a great time and I have to say, that is a really nice picture of you eating ice cream! I always look like a goober in pictures.

Cheli-I do love all your prints that you picked out! Are those for the prefitteds or fitteds you were talking about?

Jamie-Any reaction to your amazing shower gift? And, I am a true Wisconsin girl and will second eating good cheese every day! Cheese is one of my favorite foods in life!
I hope you and Rosie can have some down time this week and that DH's schedule settles down a bit. Did you end up with thunderstorms? Jack used to sleep through them, but has been waking up really upset with the nasty ones we've had in the past 3-4 days.

Laura-I hope you aren't in too much pain after your furniture moving adventure. That sounds like something I have done, then curse myself for days when I am still sore!

QOTD: Where did those of you how have or are getting doulas find them? I do know one lady (my Bradley teacher) who is a doula, but I don't think she and I clicked enough for me to be able to lean on her if the delivery is tough again. I started seriously freaking out last night because there is a possibility at this point that I will be going to the hospital alone. I am very determined to have a natural birth again, and doubt that I can do it with just the hospital staff. I don't know what the deal is, but a lot of my family around me are in some very weird, very selfish ruts right now and I don't think I could ask any of them to be there for me. And, while DH generally comes through when I REALLY REALLY need him, I am not sure that will be the case this time.

AFM-Thank you ladies for all your kind words. I am a wreck and a mess and feel really bad laying it on you, but I really felt like I was going to explode last night.
Jamie-I wish shaking sense into him would have some effect. He seems pretty oblivious to the world outside of himself lately.
Laura-Thanks, but I did have to laugh that you said I seem to have a balance when most days I feel like I am on the edge of losing it. I admit that more and more Jack is my reason for living and I try to do what is best for him every day and generally that means going out to do things even when I just want to stay in bed and mope.

I am trying to decide what to do today. I need to get Jack out of the house since he and DH pretty much napped and watched tv the entire time I as at work yesterday even though it was nice outside. I don't know that I have the energy to chase after him at the park, so I am thinking that story time at the library might be a good distraction!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Rachael: Glad you are back and will be here when I am back full time! Love all of the pics. Lor is just a doll and looks SO much like you. Nice Gymboree haul!!! Hope you appt today is nothing but pleasant!

Insurance bites the big one. I hope you get them to cover it.

Mel: Those dolls are cute. Kate has so many homemade (crochet, fleece, OBV...) dolls that I cannot justify buying another.

Lisa: Hang in there. I hope this phase passes and you have brighter days soon.

Cheli: LOVE (most of ) the fabrics!

AFM: I am not sure that we will be able to find another midwife. I plan to have her there but in another room for most of it. I know I can do it without her but am not prepared for a planned UC so her being there for an emergency will hopefully work out. I know that Kelli will stand up for me and let her know what my wishes are (even though I totally plan on being upfront with her) if she is bothering me. I am hopeful that it will work out or something else will present itself.

It's crunch time.
Today is the laundry and the clutter.

We are so close yet I feel so far away. Praying that we just get through this week without any meltdowns from anyone. The kids are hopefully refreshed from having some time apart last night but poor Kelli is about to have AF show up so I know she going to have an "off" day.

We can do it!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #7
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lisaanne-ha ha..thanks. We hit the gymbo outlet too and actually the prices were better at the real store...which is strange...tons of stuff for 3.99-6.99 and a 2 pk of socks for .74...plus i had a 20% off coupon. But the outlet had cute stuff too. Our doula was our Bradley instructor with Lor and is now a family friend. I think DONA's website has doulas by area (doulas of north america) but word of mouth would be better. Maybe your Bradley instructor would have a list of them and not be offended if you just said you are looking for the right fit for your family. Hope story time works out and you have an enjoyable day. I missed what's going on with DH, but i hope it gets better!

shannon-hope you figure out a good situation for the birth that you are comfortable with. Also hope you get through the week with no breakdowns. We stopped in Ann Arbor for lunch on our drive back from VA yesterday and i thought of you!

AFM-is it nap time yet?
~MY BLOG~

Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #8
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh Rachael! We were in AA on Saturday! I am going to miss the date we were trying to plan.

AFM: Like Rachael said...is it nap time yet?

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #9
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 06-28-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #10
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

shannon-i know...so bummed!

AFM-ok...off my butt, off to feed the birds and then take Lor outside to play.
~MY BLOG~