Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #21
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: ~~Daily Chat Monday 6/28~~

ok Korin: you just made me EXTREMELY jealous!!!! I LOVE baths!! My tub is so short that the water doesn't even cover the boobies!!! I can't wait until we move and i can have my tub!!! DH and i took a bath together on our honeymoon, and we had rose petal and wine..*sigh* it was SO nice!!
and about ppl living wiht you: TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!! SIL and BIL lived with us for the last month and a half and just moved out a few weeks ago! It is so nice ot have the house back and i totally agree about the bra thing!!!

i made homemade doughnuts last friday they are SO good!!! and, i have been on a huge cookie dough kick ( i know, i know...salmonella.... its just SO GOOD!!) I bought a tube from the store and have been eating a few bites every night

I GOT MY SON TO EAT SOMETHING!!!
he has dropped from the 75% down to the 5% in weight, and lost 2 pounds since he turned one (he is almost 16 months) He just decided that he doesn't want to eat anymore..no matter what it is....even marshmallows! SO, he is on carnation instant start breakfast since he is still drinking lots of milk. for lunch though, i got him to eat noodles with alfredo sauce!! YAY!! he ate lots!! and now he is giving me a pat on the back and a hug love baby hugs!!

Advertisement

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #22
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cecili...I really hope you get the job you want. Just wondering if you're trying for anything else or just the teaching positions?

Krystal...MMMM...homemade doughnuts!!! I'm sooo jealous!

My big u/s is scheduled for Thursday the 1st at 3pm I'm soooo excited and a little scared. We finally decided on names though. Morgan if it's a girl and Nathan if it's a boy
Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #23
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleAtHeart View Post
Good Morning Ladies !!!!

I worked this weekend ~ I`m an RN and I work at the hospital. I find it stressful and draining.
We homeschool, and so this AM.... the kids were up, anxious and ready to go (not me so much ). Needless to say, school work has been light today and the kids are now having fun in the pool.
It`s hot here (Rhode Island)~ is it a hot day in your area today ???
I'm in MD and it's been really hot here lately. It's supposed to get to 96 today but feel like it's in the 100's!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #24
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamnkevin View Post
I'm in MD and it's been really hot here lately. It's supposed to get to 96 today but feel like it's in the 100's!!!
The heat has to be rough on you guys...Humidity makes it so much worse...it's gonna get into the 90's here too and I'm at 5,800 feet. We're high desert though so I'm not surprised...But still Zero humidity makes it feel like it's the temp the thermometer says...Thank goodness...At the same time my grass is dying and it gets watered twice a day and it's still dry...ugh...maybe that's just a good excuse to let my munchkins run through the sprinklers today...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #25
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have hit 90 degree heat for 11 days in a row withan inex of 100+. I know the heat, yuck, We haven't been outside-except when we were in Branson. I sweat like crazy.

I cannot justify getting any job bt teaching because it woudn't be worth chiildcare costs.

Would I be crazy to move to Little Rock for a teaching job?? I know so many ppl I could live with. Only private schools though. I don't know if I could do it emotionally, you know leavig my son here to live with daddy and then being pregnant on top of that. It's only a 2.5 hour drive, but if I got a teaching job and they pay incentives............

Can you tell I'm desperate????

YAY for eating. Mine has been picky lately, but hopefully not that picky.

YAY PAM!!!! There area a few of us with U/S this week. I bet the week goes by s-l-o-w
Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #26
Mom2frick&frack
Registered Users

My Mood:

Trying to catch up to you ladies again.

Cecili~Sorry about the jobs. And you have something very much in common with 2 of us on here. You, Jessica and I all have Feb 08 boys and are due again together in November. That's pretty awesome if you ask me!

Dang homemade doughnuts sound so yummy! Recipe please?????

We were so busy this weekend. DH, FIL and a friend all got our new tub/shower installed and working! YAY! Up until then we had to use the clawfoot with a sprayer attached to bathe. Not cool with no shower curtain. We had a corner shower stall and the claw foot tub and put the new tub combo where the old shower was. We can only do the bath in stages like that since we only have a 1 1/2 baths. So now that the new tub is up and working we can tear out the clawfoot and move the commode there and install 2 new sinks where the current sink and commode are. We still have to do all the drywall and it's bare studs above the new shower for now but we can still use it. Then sunday it was 92 with high humidity and my dumb butt decides that I just HAVE to weed the garden. I really did need to be done but I overdid it. Even taking regular breaks in the a/c and drinking tons of water I got a bit of heat exhaustion. My face was beat red all day and I got a bad headache for the rest of the day. Then couldn't sleep last night at all. I am not in good shape at work today!

One good thing about today.....

I go in tonight for my U/S!!!! Can't wait to see the baby! I am going to try so hard not to look for parts but DH is going to. I really hope we just do not see anything at all.

Off to finish this book while I eat my lunch. Talk to you all later! I hope you are all having wonderful Mondays!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #27
SimpleAtHeart
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes us too, we`d like the doughnut recipe !!!!
SimpleAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #28
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2frick&frack View Post
Trying to catch up to you ladies again.

Cecili~Sorry about the jobs. And you have something very much in common with 2 of us on here. You, Jessica and I all have Feb 08 boys and are due again together in November. That's pretty awesome if you ask me!

Dang homemade doughnuts sound so yummy! Recipe please?????

We were so busy this weekend. DH, FIL and a friend all got our new tub/shower installed and working! YAY! Up until then we had to use the clawfoot with a sprayer attached to bathe. Not cool with no shower curtain. We had a corner shower stall and the claw foot tub and put the new tub combo where the old shower was. We can only do the bath in stages like that since we only have a 1 1/2 baths. So now that the new tub is up and working we can tear out the clawfoot and move the commode there and install 2 new sinks where the current sink and commode are. We still have to do all the drywall and it's bare studs above the new shower for now but we can still use it. Then sunday it was 92 with high humidity and my dumb butt decides that I just HAVE to weed the garden. I really did need to be done but I overdid it. Even taking regular breaks in the a/c and drinking tons of water I got a bit of heat exhaustion. My face was beat red all day and I got a bad headache for the rest of the day. Then couldn't sleep last night at all. I am not in good shape at work today!

One good thing about today.....

I go in tonight for my U/S!!!! Can't wait to see the baby! I am going to try so hard not to look for parts but DH is going to. I really hope we just do not see anything at all.

Off to finish this book while I eat my lunch. Talk to you all later! I hope you are all having wonderful Mondays!
I overdid it yesterday too. I think I was dehydrated and had heat exhaustion. NOT GOOD. I've had a pounding headache since then.

Hope your u/s goes well and the baby keeps it's little legs shut for you
Old 06-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #29
Circe
Registered Users
seller

Cecili--does AR have a state virtual academy? GA does, and a friend of mine teaches via online so that she can also be a SAHM. I don't think it pays as well as a full time position, but it does free up their budget some. You may even be able to teach in a different state if it is online. Good luck with the search; I know how frustrating it can be. I work in a small district, and we're not replacing any of the teachers who left or retired. It's going to be rough next year.

Katie--yay on getting him to eat!

Heat--OMG, it's miserable here. The heat is in the mid-90s with indexes in the 100s. The upstairs A/C went out today, so DH called a repairman to come. Plus, we haven't had rain at our house in over a week. Our garden is drying up.

U/S--Good luck to everyone with an u/s or appt this week!

Names--we're arguing over names. Dh likes Julianna Sophia and I like Susannah Caroline. I think we are going to flip a coin and be done with it.

AFM--I had a 1 hour glucose test this morning--blech. Then I had to go to Target to return some stuff. Baby girl now has 3 outfits. My goal was to clean the upstairs closets, but w/o any air, that's not happening. I'm going to a Braves game tonight with friends from work, and I'm so excited to have a little me time. Dh is about to start marching band season, and he will be gone all the time. I'm also going to see Phantom of the Opera Thursday night with the same friends. One of the women received 4 tickets for Christmas, so we're making a night of it.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #30
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas! I posted an update in my ultrasound thread and bumped it up, so check it out!

I had my fetal echocardiogram today (level II ultrasound to check on baby's heart) and everything looks perfect!! I am so very glad to hear that. It's been a wonderful but busy day so far.

I skimmed, but sorry if I miss anyone!

I'm excited for your ultrasounds coming up, ladies! Can't wait to hear about how our babies are growing!

Cecili, sorry about the jobs I know the right one is going to come along for you soon!

Tiffany, I'm excited to hear how the party goes! you are an awesome wife

Katie, glad you got your DS to eat! sometimes mine seems to go on eating strikes too silly boys!

Korin, glad you had a good weekend off, but I cannot imagine having someone else living with me! I hope they get their own place for your sake!!!!

Kellie, yay for the bathroom remodel and ultrasound today! I will be checking in late tonight to see what you say (here or FB ).

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote