Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #21
blueeyedgirl
Registered Users
seller

Re: Empty pocket as a swim diaper?

Thank you everyone, this has been very helpful.

Let's say I take baby to the beach for the day. He may or may not go in the water right away. So should I put a stuffed pocket diaper on him in the morning, and just pull out the insert when he's ready to go in the water? And then change him right after?

I'm just trying to work this out. Swim dipes, on the other hand, do hold pee before you go in the water, right? If you put a swim dipe on a baby in the morning and if he never went in the water, would it hold pee like a regular dipe?

Advertisement

blueeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #22
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
Thank you everyone, this has been very helpful.

Let's say I take baby to the beach for the day. He may or may not go in the water right away. So should I put a stuffed pocket diaper on him in the morning, and just pull out the insert when he's ready to go in the water? And then change him right after?

I'm just trying to work this out. Swim dipes, on the other hand, do hold pee before you go in the water, right? If you put a swim dipe on a baby in the morning and if he never went in the water, would it hold pee like a regular dipe?
I don't know if you mean cloth swim dipes or sposie swim dipes...but I will say a un-stuffed pocket dipe won't hold much. I put Emma in the un-stuffed pocket and we rode the wagon down to the river...she apparently need to go and there was a small puddle on the wagon seat...so the pocket held not much (of course she was drinking juice so she probably flooded it). I usually put the kiddos in their swim unders right before they get in the water...be it a swim diaper or something else...I haven't really tested their true absorbancy - I would imagine it isn't much.
Are you planning on having him in a swimsuit as soon as you go outside? I would say if he is just playing in the sand and splashing his feet in the water then keep him in a full diaper...if he is sitting in the water or going out in the waves with you then he needs some "swim" diaperish. I have let the kiddos play in the sprinklers in their full diapers and just changed them when we were done...also remember sand gets into fabric and looks like mold (little brown dots) and is impossible to get out (at least for us)...so you might want to just have a couple older dipes as dedicated sand diapers so you don't mess up every diaper you have.

Have fun...

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #23
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

interesting...
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote