Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
speaking of mens rooms and children

I was wondering.. what age do you think I should start letting my son go to the mens room alone? He is 4 now.. and I let him go into the ladies with me.. and I noticed that little girls tend to freak when they see him in there..what age do you think that a little boy is just that a BOY and should go into the mens one? have you ever been upset bc a mother brought in her older child.. ( say 7 or so? ) I just dont know...

Advertisement

mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
daizydoo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: speaking of mens rooms and children

my son just turned 9 and I am very selective of which restrooms I let him go in. If it is in a restaurant where I have a view of the bathroom and noone has gone in I will let him but I stand by the door but if we are at the mall or grocery store I still make him come with me. Too many wierdo's out there.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
ralenth
Registered Users

My oldest son is 5, and he's big for his age. There is NO WAY I would let him into a Men's room by himself - just no way. Maybe IF it was a single toilet room - you know where only one person goes in at a time. And IF I was standing outside the door, with the door unlocked the whole time. I am just uncomfortable with him being in any restroom alone with adults that I don't know. Mens room, Womens room, it doesn't really matter. I don't know when I will be more comfortable about that.

I don't remember what I thought about boys in a women's room before I had kids. Now I wouldn't think anything of it. I suppose there would be an age, but I'm not sure what it is. I mean, every women's room I've been in has stalls, so it's not like boys can see anything, kwim? I dunno.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralenth View Post
My oldest son is 5, and he's big for his age. There is NO WAY I would let him into a Men's room by himself - just no way. Maybe IF it was a single toilet room - you know where only one person goes in at a time. And IF I was standing outside the door, with the door unlocked the whole time. I am just uncomfortable with him being in any restroom alone with adults that I don't know. Mens room, Womens room, it doesn't really matter. I don't know when I will be more comfortable about that.

I don't remember what I thought about boys in a women's room before I had kids. Now I wouldn't think anything of it. I suppose there would be an age, but I'm not sure what it is. I mean, every women's room I've been in has stalls, so it's not like boys can see anything, kwim? I dunno.

I just started letting my 4 year old go in a womans bathroom alone with me by the door..and I trained him to scream if someone even looks like they want to talk to him ..LOL
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mabey I am just over protective but no he is not going into a mens room alone unless it is a one room type deal that I can go in and see that no one is there and than wait outside the door. I have heard too many sad and scary stories to even care if someone has a problem with my ds being in the ladies room. Too many sickos in the world today.
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

I think 10ish is when I will let my boys go to the mens restroom. I never thought that was anything strange about boys in the womens bathroom as long as they weren't like teenagers or something and were with their mom/sister/grandma ect
Old 02-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
gabby's_mama
Registered Users
seller

Y'know, I never even thought about this until now. There's food for thought.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

My son goes into very few by himself. We live in a small town and they are mostly singles. If we are in the city then he has to come with me. Once when he couldn't wait and there was a line up in the ladies I stood at the door with it open so I could talk with him the whole time. I got lots of looks for that one but I am more concerned with his safety then their comfort. He's just 4 by the way.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #9
sageandquinnsmommy
Registered Users

I couldn't give a hoot what anyone would think about bringing my son into the ladies room with me. He's 5 and way too young to go by himself into the mens room. I'm not sure when I'll let him do that, but I don't see it happening for quite some time.
sageandquinnsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #10
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My oldest just turned 3 and I have no idea when I'll be comfortable letting him go in alone. I think I can honestly say that I don't feel it'll be any time in the near-ish future. I don't care who gets uncomfortable with him going in the ladies room. It's not like he's going into the stall with someone else. Not like he's looking under the stalls or in there for some kind of perverted pleasure. He's in there to urinate or otherwise dispose of bodily waste.