Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: speaking of mens rooms and children

hm I dont know since I do not have a boy but my grandmother was out somewhere and was waiting on my gramps to go to the restroom. There was this lady standing by her and her lil boy walked in. She had him sing the happy birthday song the whole time he was in there so she knew he was ok.

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
OpenArms
Registered Users
seller

We swim at our community center a few times a week. I take all my children in the bathroom/locker room with me to change into our suites. My girl is 8, my sons are 7 and 8 months. I take my 7 year old son with me because he has a mild learning disability and still has trouble getting his suit on right. (the netting confuses him. lol) I've gotten a few bad looks from the life guards at times (My son is really big and looks around 9 or 10) and today when I went I saw a sign that said, " ALL children over the age of five MUST use the same gender bathroom.!!".
It was late so the director wasn't there but I will be calling in the morning to let them know that either my son comes in the bathroom with me or I have to go into the mens room with him.

Last edited by OpenArms; 02-21-2007 at 09:29 PM.
OpenArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #13
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Ok, my oldest 2 boys are 7 and 9. they still go into the women's room with me and only go into the men's room if my husband is with them and even then he prefers not to take them because of the stuff on the walls and such. OFten at the grocery store, I will park my cart with my younger kids and groceries right in front of the bathroom door and stand guard as the older 3 go to the rest room together in the ladies room. One lady walked in, turned right around and came out to check the sign when she saw them in there. But if your son really wants to go to the mens room, my husband has always said that he and most guys he knows (fathers, etc) would care less if a lady walked into the bathroom to check on her kid because he was taking too long. He'd rather have that happen than have a kid get hurt. But more places are having family rest rooms put in now to avoid these issues and if anyone were to ever say something to me about my boys being too old, they would get a mouthful to be sure. It's a safety issue so they can get over any issues they have with it.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #14
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the start of kindergarten....most places (like the YMCA) even require they use the mens room then.
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #15
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenArms View Post
We swim at our community center a few times a week. I take all my children in the bathroom/locker room with me to change into our suites. My girl is 8, my sons are 7 and 8 months. I take my 7 year old son with me because he has a mild learning disability and still has trouble getting his suit on right. (the netting confuses him. lol) I've gotten a few bad looks from the life guards at times (My son is really big and looks around 9 or 10) and today when I went I saw a sign that said, " ALL children under the age of five MUST use the same gender bathroom.!!".
It was late so the director wasn't there but I will be calling in the morning to let them know that either my son comes in the bathroom with me or I have to go into the mens room with him.

i am sure they would understand if your son has special needs...if ot thats discrimination
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #16
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayncadence View Post
hm I dont know since I do not have a boy but my grandmother was out somewhere and was waiting on my gramps to go to the restroom. There was this lady standing by her and her lil boy walked in. She had him sing the happy birthday song the whole time he was in there so she knew he was ok.
HEY that is a great idea.. !!!!!
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #17
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinewith4 View Post
the start of kindergarten....most places (like the YMCA) even require they use the mens room then.
require huh... I wonder how many moms push the limit.. then fight that one.. kindergareten is 6 year old.. that is to young IMHO.. Iwas thinking 10 .. then we could start talking..LOL
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #18
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchkids View Post
But more places are having family rest rooms put in now to avoid these issues and if anyone were to ever say something to me about my boys being too old, they would get a mouthful to be sure. It's a safety issue so they can get over any issues they have with it.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #19
emcare
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
HEY that is a great idea.. !!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #20
applecrunch78
Registered Users
seller

my son is 6.5 and he goes in the girls room I really dont care what people think or say about it to me its not worth the risk!